d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1281282283284285307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,399.70
Aug 29 2023 04:05am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 29 2023 11:58am)
someday you expect science to explain the origin of life through some kind of naturalistic process. if thats the "faith" you want to hold on to. but guess what though, that makes you religious

I dont have that faith. I dont know if mankind will ever be able to explain the origin of life. Doesnt mean its supernatural.
You put a timer on that definition, which is the mistake you make here.

If something is supernatural you would have to RULE OUT a scientific explanation or an explanation that lies outside of our laws of nature.
Only if you can do that, something can be supernatural - if you can rule out that its natural.

Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 29 2023 04:11am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 29 2023 03:05am)
I dont have that faith. I dont know if mankind will ever be able to explain the origin of life. Doesnt mean its supernatural.

If something is supernatural you would have to RULE OUT a scientific explanation or an explanation that lies outside of our laws of nature.
Only if you can do that, something can be supernatural - if you can rule out that its natural.

by definition it does

Aug 29 2023 04:12am
Quote (Jupe @ Aug 29 2023 03:02am)
:lol:

jupe the joker goes around the threads joker laughing
Aug 29 2023 04:24am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 29 2023 12:11pm)
by definition it does

No you parrott, it doesnt. Use your brain only once in your life instead of just reading and watching stuff without thinking about it.

You dont know if there is a natural explanation or not which means: You dont know if its supernatural.

Aug 29 2023 04:34am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 29 2023 03:24am)
No you parrott, it doesnt. Use your brain only once in your life instead of just reading and watching stuff without thinking about it.

You dont know if there is a natural explanation or not which means: You dont know if its supernatural.

i dont write the definitions
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2023 06:02am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 29 2023 08:05pm)

You don't really give God any chance do you?

If Science is able to explain then you rule out supernatural. If Science cannot explain something then you still rule out the supernatural.

Tell me in your definition what it would take for you to consider the supernatural? You want to rule out a scientific explanation that lies outside the laws of nature? Why are bumblebees able to fly? Their wings are small and their body is big. By definition they shouldn't be able to fly.

Or what about miraculous cures that the doctors cannot explain? Before you revert back to those who didn't have the miraculous cure, I'm focusing on the one that does in order to RULE OUT the scientific explanation.

You want another one? There are the chosen few who survived 9/11 while inside the twin towers as they collapsed. They were in the staircase and that little pocket they were in is the exact place they needed to be in order to not be crushed. By all measures they should have been added to the tally but they survived the collapse.

Are those few examples what you would consider to be supernatural? If not then why not? If not then what does?
Gold: 10.00
Aug 29 2023 06:57am
Quote (TiStuff @ 29 Aug 2023 05:42)
ok your a smatheist

Normally I roll my eyes when children make words up but considering how few words you know it's probably necessary to communicate with you. Unfortunately you didn't give me a definition so all i can do is roll my eyes. :rofl:

your mind is to spun out in TDS.................also "monkey boy reeeeeeeeee" :)

rofl if you'd stop screaming reeeeeeeeeeeeeee for 20 seconds and pay attention you'd realize I'm neither a Trump lover nor a Trump hater, therefore I cannot have TDS. But you're a monkey boy and all you do is scream reeeeeeeeeeeeeee constantly so you never pay attention. Explains why your knowledge of science is stuck in ancient history.

your mind is the product of lesser animals "monkey boy reeeeee"

No such thing as lesser or greater animals monkey boy.

science doesnt trouble scripture. you cant know this because you dont comprehend or even make the smallest effort to comprehend. all you offer is cheesy memes and .............."monkey boy reeeeeeee" :)

Science doesn't trouble scripture as used by intelligent christians who recognize the bible isn't true but allegorical. Scripture as used by you is a totally different story. Science tears it into shreds..
Aug 29 2023 07:11am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 29 2023 02:02pm)

If Science is able to explain then you rule out supernatural. If Science cannot explain something then you still rule out the supernatural.

Tell me in your definition what it would take for you to consider the supernatural? You want to rule out a scientific explanation that lies outside the laws of nature? Why are bumblebees able to fly? Their wings are small and their body is big. By definition they shouldn't be able to fly.

Or what about miraculous cures that the doctors cannot explain? Before you revert back to those who didn't have the miraculous cure, I'm focusing on the one that does in order to RULE OUT the scientific explanation.

You want another one? There are the chosen few who survived 9/11 while inside the twin towers as they collapsed. They were in the staircase and that little pocket they were in is the exact place they needed to be in order to not be crushed. By all measures they should have been added to the tally but they survived the collapse.

Are those few examples what you would consider to be supernatural? If not then why not? If not then what does?

Wrong.

I never ruled out the supernatural if science cant explain something. I said WE CANT KNOW if something is supernatural or not, if we cant find a scientific explanation OR can rule out a natural explanation. How can we rule out natural explanation?
I dont know, you tell me? Nothing supernatural has ever been proven, so how should I know how to determine it. This is were the burden of proof lies.
The only way we have to explain things or find sufficient evidence for or against something right now is purely scientific. If you know another way, go ahead and tell me.

Tell me how survivors of 9/11 prove to be supernatural. Because the chances of survival were so low? Is that your standard of proof now?

This post was edited by Modulok2405 on Aug 29 2023 07:13am
Gold: 10.00
Aug 29 2023 07:27am
Quote (CPK001 @ 29 Aug 2023 08:02)

lol science explained bee flight like a decade ago. Medicine is still more religion than science that's why doctors still talk about miracles. Just because science has no answer to a question at any given moment doesn't mean the answer must be god. The answer is never god.
Gold: 2,195.46
Aug 29 2023 07:33am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 29 2023 06:12am)
jupe the joker goes around the threads joker laughing

true, very true
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1281282283284285307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll