d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev1272829303172Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,407.33
Jul 3 2019 02:10pm
That being said, the antifa freak is distracting from the important topic at hand again with these bullshit claims of transphobia.

This thread is about their brutal attack on Andy Ngo and other people in portland, and some people's despicable support of those attacks.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2019 02:11pm
For people like TransTankie, being trans is just a way to be special without actually working or doing anything special. Pretty sad when you have to appropriate the other sex in order to stand out.
Jul 3 2019 02:21pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 3 Jul 2019 20:04)
progressive groups, trans groups especially, should adopt an acceptable bottom range of transphobia, aka the "non problematic zone". same as racism has. i find trans advocates FAR more prickly than race advocates. the average trans advocate reads to me like an extreme BLM member, it drives down people's perception of the movement as a whole. no one wants to get screamed at for incidental issues or even ones born out of acceptable ignorance. no one wants to get their heads bitten off for asking simple questions either. and it seems there's always a presumption of nefarious motivations for asking the question. in general there's a snarky presumption of nefarious motivation that many trans people have, likely from a lifetime of undue scrutiny.

I mean trans people are one of the most marginalised groups in society right now... And one of the most hated. Those who have the strength to speak out are met with a wall of hatred and vitriol. It's no wonder they'd be a bit prickly sometimes tbh.

It does get exhausting having to justify your existence day in day out... Especially when the Trump administration is hellbent on fucking them over. Trans people live in a society that is openly hostile to them.

I think people should absolutely ask questions. How else will they learn? I'm happy to have a civilised discussion about trans issues with just about anyone... And frequently do with some of the worst transphobes around. One of the 'benefits' of working to deradicalise white supremacists as a semi well-known trans person.

I think you're still applying this 'nefarious motivation' to the term 'transphobia'. There needs be no conscious malice for bigotry to manifest. Most bigotry is born from an irrational fear and a want to protect people. Like the scary black man who's gonna Rob you or the gay guy who might want to touch you, or your kids, up...

.. or the trans person who is hurting cis women by 'destroying and dominating their sports' or the trans ideologues who are indoctrinating children and cutting off the penises of 10 year olds.

Jul 3 2019 02:23pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Jul 2019 20:06)
A person that has practiced martial arts for 40 years and been a part of the most successful organization within mma for most of its existence can have whatever opinion he wishes on fighting

It's never been based on hating trans it's based on the safety of the fighters and the integrity of the match making.

Not if that opinion is not supported by evidence he can't.
I never said it was based on hating trans people.
Jul 3 2019 02:24pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 3 Jul 2019 20:10)
That being said, the antifa freak is distracting from the important topic at hand again with these bullshit claims of transphobia.

This thread is about their brutal attack on Andy Ngo and other people in portland, and some people's despicable support of those attacks.

I'm gonna stop replying to you for now. You're boring me.
Jul 3 2019 02:25pm
Quote (CarsV @ 3 Jul 2019 20:11)
For people like TransTankie, being trans is just a way to be special without actually working or doing anything special. Pretty sad when you have to appropriate the other sex in order to stand out.

Even if that were true being trans requires a LOT of work. There are far easier things I could do.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 3 2019 02:27pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 01:23pm)
Not if that opinion is not supported by evidence he can't.
I never said it was based on hating trans people.

Supported by evidence? We that have been in martial arts or followed it for decades have seen the damage from these competitions and how easy it is to get harmed with permanent or long term consequences

From brain injuries to accidents to the consequences of poor match making

There is very little wiggle room when 2 highly trained people are going to compete in this way. Its sure as shit a valid conversation to have and his opinion is not out of bounds or ignorant.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 3 2019 02:27pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 02:21pm)
I mean trans people are one of the most marginalised groups in society right now... And one of the most hated. Those who have the strength to speak out are met with a wall of hatred and vitriol. It's no wonder they'd be a bit prickly sometimes tbh.

It does get exhausting having to justify your existence day in day out... Especially when the Trump administration is hellbent on fucking them over. Trans people live in a society that is openly hostile to them.

I think people should absolutely ask questions. How else will they learn? I'm happy to have a civilised discussion about trans issues with just about anyone... And frequently do with some of the worst transphobes around. One of the 'benefits' of working to deradicalise white supremacists as a semi well-known trans person.

I think you're still applying this 'nefarious motivation' to the term 'transphobia'. There needs be no conscious malice for bigotry to manifest. Most bigotry is born from an irrational fear and a want to protect people. Like the scary black man who's gonna Rob you or the gay guy who might want to touch you, or your kids, up...

.. or the trans person who is hurting cis women by 'destroying and dominating their sports' or the trans ideologues who are indoctrinating children and cutting off the penises of 10 year olds.

to really only address the first sentence, admittedly: what do you personally think of the commonly held viewpoint by many middle aged gay men and women that trans rights trajectory is too steep, and that LGBTQ acceptance generally isn't worth it to many that preferred a counter culture existence?

I could link some, but some named examples would be Eddie Izzard on JRE and Scott Thompson on Your Mom's House Podcast. but i've heard it a LOT.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 3 2019 02:28pm
Quote (CarsV @ Jul 3 2019 03:11pm)

Is this just for tankie Or is this your answer for all gender variation?

Gold: 11,407.33
Jul 3 2019 02:30pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 04:24pm)
I'm gonna stop replying to you for now. You're boring me.

lets not pretend you were intelligently responding in the first place by calling me a fascist apologist or bringing up Molyneux and calling him a white supremacist in response to a video i posted.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1272829303172Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll