d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Clinton 2016 > Finally, A Thread For Winners
Prev12728293031183Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,407.33
Jun 29 2016 07:56pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 29 2016 09:47pm)
Wow, his ranges for who was going to win what seats sure were as wrong as most people's in the last midterm, you guys really got him on the ropes now.

aside from you know, the other extremely prominent models that had a different range than he did, specifically in the direction I cited. (which he abrasively refused to accept)

And what do you mean he was wrong? he picked every seat correctly 5 months ahead of time and is infallible. or something. Hes a modern Nostradamus.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 29 2016 08:47pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 29 2016 05:47pm)
Wow, his ranges for who was going to win what seats sure were as wrong as most people's in the last midterm, you guys really got him on the ropes now.

I think the issue is that he denies that he's wrong.
Gold: 14.88
Jun 30 2016 07:17am
Hillary will most likely win. Her immigration reforms will ensure a Republican never enters the White House again.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 30 2016 07:39am
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/loretta-lynch-bill-clinton-meet-privately-in-phoenix

this is finally circulating on major networks - 3 days later
Code

PHOENIX - Amid an ongoing investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of email and hours before the public release of the Benghazi report, US Attorney General Loretta Lynch met privately with former President Bill Clinton.

The private meeting took place on the west side of Sky Harbor International Airport on board a parked private plane.

Former President Clinton was visiting the Phoenix area and arrived to Sky Harbor Monday evening to depart.

Sources tell ABC15 Clinton was notified Lynch would be arriving at the airport soon and waited for her arrival.

Lynch was arriving in Phoenix for a planned visit as part of her national tour to promote community policing.

ABC15 asked Lynch about the meeting during her news conference at the Phoenix Police Department.

"I did see President Clinton at the Phoenix airport as he was leaving and spoke to myself and my husband on the plane," said Lynch.

The private meeting comes as Lynch's office is in charge of the ongoing investigation and potential charges involving Clinton's email server.

The private meeting also occurred hours before the Benghazi report was released publicly involving Hillary Clinton and President Obama's administration.

Lynch said the private meeting on the tarmac did not involve these topics.

"Our conversation was a great deal about grandchildren, it was primarily social about our travels and he mentioned golf he played in Phoenix," said Lynch Tuesday afternoon while speaking at the Phoenix Police Department.

Sources say the private meeting at the airport lasted around 30 minutes.

"There was no discussion on any matter pending before the Department or any matter pending with any other body, there was no discussion of Benghazi, no discussion of State Department emails, by way of example I would say it was current news of the day, the Brexit decision and what it would mean," she said.

Meeting privately on private planes to talk about the grandchildren, quite sweet and sentimental.
Gold: 12,983.50
Jun 30 2016 07:50am
Lynch is full of shit.
GRRR how the hell can the FBI let them get away with this?!?!?! It's all right there in the report. You don't even have to read it all.

This post was edited by herbdoc on Jun 30 2016 07:50am
Gold: 40.42
Jun 30 2016 09:11am
Lol
Gold: 285.00
Jun 30 2016 09:55am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Jun 30 2016 08:17am)
Hillary will most likely win. Her immigration reforms will ensure a Republican never enters the White House again.

The Republicans have pretty much did this themselves. It is their fault they have been backward on Civil Rights since Lincoln died.
Gold: 40.42
Jun 30 2016 09:57am
Quote (Skinned @ 30 Jun 2016 07:55)
The Republicans have pretty much did this themselves. It is their fault they have been backward on Civil Rights since Lincoln died.

I love a story with a happy ending.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jun 30 2016 11:20am
Quote (Pollster @ Jun 29 2016 07:53pm)
Well except for the pesky little detail that we already know intellectually how math works, and you're not entitled to your own rules of math inside your little bubble. If only something was true simply because you said it was true.

Now, it's entirely possible that you simply don't know how things like probability distribution (or hell, probability itself), confidence intervals, or aggregation works, and if that's the case then I can completely understand why there was some confusion. That said, there's really no reason to be unaware of how many seats are being contested and targeted. That alone is enough context in addition to the size of the House.

Edit: It is kind of amazing to read through some of this. Nailing 5 House races 4 months out is nice enough, but nailing how the other 2 would develop 24 months out, when the Democrats had just gotten locked out of one and triaged the other is hilarious. I'm definitely going to have to set aside some time for this tomorrow.

Let's talk about pesky little math details. 9 is smaller than, or greater than 13? Baby steps before we move on.
Gold: 20.31
Jun 30 2016 06:55pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 29 2016 07:47pm)
I think the issue is that he denies that he's wrong.

When their shit reading comprehension is getting them into trouble, and causing them to misrepresent something, why wouldn't I? It's not difficult for me to do what I did at the time and say "Interesting, 60-year low for turnout, that didn't show up anywhere in the polling, early voting, or advertising, so I don't really know how that could have pushed things into less-likely outcomes." But I can't rewrite the laws of mathematics just because a couple of people are unhappy, or don't understand them. I think I learned the basics of probability when I was in high school.

Quote (Santara @ Jun 30 2016 10:20am)
Let's talk about pesky little math details. 9 is smaller than, or greater than 13? Baby steps before we move on.

There's no need to reframe the discussion. This is the fifth indication you've made that you just fundamentally do not understand what's being measured, and when that's the case there's not going to BE a way to reframe the discussion to make the two ends meet: this is a principle of mathematics you simply never learned. Regardless, it doesn't matter. We would still be up a river of shit based on the two unbelievably stupid things you said about the House.

Quote (cambovenzi @ Jun 29 2016 06:15pm)
Backfire #1: "There's nothing about the four-way race in South Dakota that's a lock." Republican won my 20 points.
Backfire #2: "To put it simply: there's no evidence to suggest that a net gain of 8 seats is possible for the Republicans at present. "

What's hysterical is that the wall of trash you wrote validates exactly what I said (I'll remove the garbled nonsense so that you can read it). I told you earlier that all you managed to accomplish was demonstrating that you were completely oblivious to the existence of the universal swing and to how polls are merely snapshots in time, and that's exactly what you just preserved in that post.

These are really elementary concepts. You didn't understand them then and you just showed you still don't understand them. Either you don't know what "at present" means, or you don't understand the very simple concept that races move back and forth over time depending on how they are influenced. One influence, the universal swing, can move all races in one direction at the same time. Remember the Kansas example, when I told you with absolute certainty that the Republicans were not going to lose the KS Senate seat and still somehow magically perform better in bluer territory like CO/IA/NH, that if they could win in those areas that they would perform better in KS? You know, the exact thing that ended up happening? That's the universal swing in action. It's how elections work.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12728293031183Next
Closed New Topic New Poll