d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Was Jesus Truly Crucified? > Open Your Minds And Research!
Prev1272829303138Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Aug 18 2012 09:45am
Going to have to say that he was most likely crucified since that was one of the Roman's preferred method of execution at the time. But was he crucified in the manner that the bible depicts? Don't Know, Don't Care.

This post was edited by Aisu_aS on Aug 18 2012 09:45am
Gold: 2,285.00
Aug 18 2012 09:48am
Quote (poulgaragr @ Aug 18 2012 08:07am)
Re-read the topic, and TRY to refute me if you have any proof.

What? You have NOTHING?

Then take a hike...

He's posted more relevant information than you have. But that goes without saying since any amount is greater than none.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 18 2012 02:47pm
Quote (poulgaragr @ Aug 18 2012 07:07am)
Re-read the topic, and TRY to refute me if you have any proof.

What? You have NOTHING?

Then take a hike...

http://www.phonicshooked.com/learning-how-to-read-for-adults

Then,

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/crucifixion/1.html
Gold: 55.44
Aug 18 2012 02:54pm
What is important is Jesus message, not what people think his life was.
Jesus is saying something completely different than what Christians think.

Jesus said, “Whoever finds the correct interpretation of what I am saying will find eternal life.”

Read this book if you want to learn more about the correct interpretation of what Jesus said : http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion/
Gold: 325.99
Aug 20 2012 04:00am
Years pass and people still think what's written in the bible should be taken literally

It matters little if he was actually crucified or not once you comprehend the metaphor behind his crucifixion
Gold: 0.00
Aug 20 2012 04:50am
I'm still not convinced. Better try again. The bible also says in Colossians 2:8 that...

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

Your philosophy is deceptive and no mere mortal can ever tear me away from Christ. Your philosophy and human tradition were of the world rather than on Christ.
Gold: 722.53
Warn: 10%
Aug 20 2012 05:04am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 20 2012 04:50am)
I'm still not convinced. Better try again. The bible also says in Colossians 2:8 that...

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."

Your philosophy is deceptive and no mere mortal can ever tear me away from Christ. Your philosophy and human tradition were of the world rather than on Christ.

Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing,
nor upon tradition,
nor upon rumor,
nor upon what is in a scripture,
nor upon surmise,
nor upon an axiom,
nor upon specious reasoning,
nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over,
nor upon another's seeming ability,
nor upon the consideration, "The monk is our teacher."
Kalamas, when you yourselves know: "These things are good; these things are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness," enter on and abide in them.'
Gold: 146.16
Aug 20 2012 07:58am
Okay...addressing some of these as I have time...

Crucifixion:
Since you seem unwilling to accept the Bible as authority, perhaps you will take an external source to the Bible's authority, read the works of Josephus, who was a Jewish historian in the 1st century, and was NOT a Christian. He mentions Jesus as being crucified. He also mentions Him as "Jesus, called Christ", when making a reference to his brother James.

Trinity:
Christianity is monotheistic, the 3 are different aspects of the same God. Think of it like this. I am a father to my children, I am a son to my parents, and I am a husband to my wife. Does this make me 3 people? No, but it is 3 different aspects of me. Three roles I play in life.

Original Sin:
Not every Christian believes in original sin, I am one that does not. It is an idea that comes from man and not from God.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 20 2012 10:11am
Quote (TxTerran @ Aug 20 2012 01:58pm)
Okay...addressing some of these as I have time...

Crucifixion:
Since you seem unwilling to accept the Bible as authority, perhaps you will take an external source to the Bible's authority, read the works of Josephus, who was a Jewish historian in the 1st century, and was NOT a Christian.  He mentions Jesus as being crucified.  He also mentions Him as "Jesus, called Christ", when making a reference to his brother James.

Trinity:
Christianity is monotheistic, the 3 are different aspects of the same God.  Think of it like this.  I am a father to my children, I am a son to my parents, and I am a husband to my wife.  Does this make me 3 people?  No, but it is 3 different aspects of me.  Three roles I play in life.

Original Sin:
Not every Christian believes in original sin, I am one that does not.  It is an idea that comes from man and not from God.

For every Jew that can say Jesus died on the Cross, you can probably find 2 Christians that say he didn't.

The analogy you used to describe yourself as 1 and 3 is not the same as that for God as 1 and 3. You are a man in all 3 cases, only changing your relationship.
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 20 2012 10:16am
Quote (simpleforce @ Aug 20 2012 12:11pm)
For every Jew that can say Jesus died on the Cross,you can probably find 2 Christians that say he didn't.

The analogy you used to describe yourself as 1 and 3 is not the same as that for God as 1 and 3. You are a man in all 3 cases, only changing your relationship.

...what kind of silliness is this ? Have you actually ever met anyone who claims to be a Christian and denies the sacrifice on the cross of Jesus ? That would be the equivalent of someone claiming to be a muslim while denying muhammad was their prophet .

This post was edited by WidowMaKer_MK on Aug 20 2012 10:20am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1272829303138Next
Closed New Topic New Poll