d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Intellectual Child Abuse > When Should It Become Illegal?
Prev1272829303139Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
May 24 2011 01:46pm
Quote (Santara @ May 24 2011 01:44pm)
It's only bad if you argue with yourself and lose.

Very true. It is strange though to have a voice come out of no where and answer a question for you.
Gold: 33.00
May 24 2011 01:46pm
Quote (DubstepPrincess @ May 24 2011 02:41pm)
You cant back up your logic in any way.
You are using an appeal to authority logical fallacy.

Because no matter what proof I give you, you won't accept it as proof. The only way to disprove "A>A" or "If A then A", is to point out a situation where it's untrue. But there will never be a situation where A will not be the case If A had to be the case to begin with. You're just desperately fishing for some way to prove yourself right with nothing substantial as your basis; in many ways, you're worse than a troll because you say shit just as stupid but actually believe yourself to be right.

It's both sad and downright scary to be honest that people can be this stupid. Whatever, I'm done trying to teach people elementary concepts who have obvious learning disorders. Peace.
Gold: 7,252.72
May 24 2011 01:48pm
Quote (Nihlathak @ May 24 2011 03:46pm)
Because no matter what proof I give you, you won't accept it as proof. The only way to disprove "A>A" or "If A then A", is to point out a situation where it's untrue. But there will never be a situation where A will not be the case If A had to be the case to begin with. You're just desperately fishing for some way to prove yourself right with nothing substantial as your basis; in many ways, you're worse than a troll because you say shit just as stupid but actually believe yourself to be right.

It's both sad and downright scary to be honest that people can be this stupid. Whatever, I'm done trying to teach people elementary concepts who have obvious learning disorders. Peace.

...mad cause pwned by a female ?
Banned
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 40%
May 24 2011 01:49pm
Quote (Nihlathak @ May 24 2011 02:46pm)

LOL.

You still dont prove your logic though.
You are still using human logic because thats what everyone else does. Appealing to authority.
There is no other logical reason to think of your own logic as the universal standard.
Banned
May 24 2011 01:51pm
7 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 1 Anonymous): njaguar,

Not much.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35.00
Trader: Trusted
May 24 2011 01:51pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 24 2011 02:39pm)
I never said life sucks but to think you will be thankful for all hardships only means you haven't hit the wall yet , most likely due to your short years . If we live long enough we all face tragedy that can never be overcome with the promise of future and temporary joy . There simply is not enough pleasure in the world to overcome spiritual pain and emptiness .

I have a lot of trouble talking to you when you bring up the age difference. This worldview is something people in my family are told as children, because we are the lucky ones. My great-grandparents, who survived a genocide--incidentally my family members were killed because they were Christian--and my grandparents after them are the ones who taught us that we should be thankful for every second, good and bad. I take heart from the fact that people who went through far more than I ever will have had this attitude and I pray that I never become weak enough mentally to lose it.

Maybe you're right though. I don't think I am as strong as they were, nor am I as good of a person.
Banned
May 24 2011 01:53pm
Quote (darkfire @ May 24 2011 02:51pm)
I have a lot of trouble talking to you when you bring up the age difference.  This worldview is something people in my family are told as children, because we are the lucky ones.  My great-grandparents, who survived a genocide--incidentally my family members were killed because they were Christian--and my grandparents after them are the ones who taught us that we should be thankful for every second, good and bad.  I take heart from the fact that people who went through far more than I ever will have had this attitude and I pray that I never become weak enough mentally to lose it.

Maybe you're right though.  I don't think I am as strong as they were, nor am I as good of a person.

And why is this the correct philosophy?
I can just as easily say that life is meant to be a struggle.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35.00
Trader: Trusted
May 24 2011 02:05pm
Quote (DubstepPrincess @ May 24 2011 02:53pm)
And why is this the correct philosophy?
I can just as easily say that life is meant to be a struggle.

I never said it was the "correct" philosophy, I just feel sorry for you if you honestly believe that life is not a gift.

This post was edited by darkfire on May 24 2011 02:05pm
Banned
May 24 2011 02:08pm
Quote (darkfire @ May 24 2011 03:05pm)
I never said it was the "correct" philosophy, I just feel sorry for you if you honestly believe that life is not a gift.

I like you.
You dont take sides. You are a rare breed.

I just dont see how it can be seen as a gift when bad feelings are so much more overwhelming and frequent compared to good feelings for a lot of people.
Gold: 13,405.43
May 24 2011 02:29pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 24 2011 03:12pm)
...the point should have been obvious in my first post about this tangent . Lousy and cowardly parenting has produced an entire generation that actually believes they are special and unique .

That's anecdotal and still seems pretty irrelevant.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1272829303139Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll