d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev12782792802812823169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 9 2016 07:30am
Quote (EA7 @ May 9 2016 05:09am)
The thing about politics these days is personal attacks beat logic and policy discussion. This is why liberals have been winning for years. They just call everyone racist/sexist/xenophobic/whatever other buzzard they can come up with and they never even have to discuss the issues.

Trump is the only one who seems to be immune to these attacks, and he hits back harder than anyone. So I think Hillary may be in trouble. Whether he wins or loses it'll be fun either way to watch the ride.

and then the Republicans showed those damned dirty hippies by nominating a guy that fits all the above

personal attacks work fine with a group of people that are not large enough in numbers to win a general and personal attacks completely turn off a lot of people he absolutely has to win over to win

It's going to come down to a handful of states and I don't see Trump realistically flipping enough (if any) of the states necessary. I think he has put himself in a lose lose situation as no matter what he changes it's going potentially cost him more than it helps him.

I think your last comment is unfortunate.

I think it shows how privileged many are in our country to where they don't have to care about the importance of our elections only the entertainment.

Elections have consequences and affect many many people that are struggling to achieve their potential in a society and system that are decaying in many ways.

It's not a meme world for a large chunk of the population and people should treat our elections seriously
Gold: 4,921.71
May 9 2016 07:45am
Quote (EA7 @ May 9 2016 08:09am)
The thing about politics these days is personal attacks beat logic and policy discussion. This is why liberals have been winning for years. They just call everyone racist/sexist/xenophobic/whatever other buzzard they can come up with and they never even have to discuss the issues.

Trump is the only one who seems to be immune to these attacks, and he hits back harder than anyone. So I think Hillary may be in trouble. Whether he wins or loses it'll be fun either way to watch the ride.

On the contrary, trump has been more flair than substance, yet he is popular? Going on about how "I'm not politically correct" is now not only old but catering to the same emotions
Gold: 285.00
May 9 2016 07:46am
Quote (Bazi @ May 9 2016 08:45am)
On the contrary, trump has been more flair than substance, yet he is popular? Going on about how "I'm not politically correct" is now not only old but catering to the same emotions

It still gets the dummys riled up.
Gold: 4,921.71
May 9 2016 07:53am
Quote (Skinned @ May 9 2016 08:46am)
It still gets the dummys riled up.

Reminds me of...

Deyyyyyy tooook our jobzzzzz
Gold: 2,009.99
May 9 2016 08:07am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 9 2016 07:44am)
I've never said he would fail miserably in the primaries.

I don't think he will be able to bring on board the many groups he has alienated and I think his lack of knowledge when it comes to policy forces him to rely on his insults and memes which will not be nearly as effective in the general, especially as we get closer and closer to voting time. Hillary's negatives will improve as Trump's get worse and he will simply be unable to get enough votes from his loyal white males to win.

If Hillary stays the course and focuses on policy/issues while showing that he is a political buffoon that would be dangerous in office and he sticks to going ham about Bill's infidelity and insulting her on a personal level he will fail in the general.

This is all assuming nothing drastically changes the race which none of us can predict even though I'm sure you supporters will mass produce some memes if it does so you can pretend a Trump win is based in solid data and not just you dudes having your head up Trump's ass

Key word being you think. Just like you think Clintons negatives are going to magically go up. Just like how everyone thought that the idea was absurd that Trump would garnish any real support, much less win the nomination. Both of which he's doing in staggering fashion. Neither of these God awful candidates support are going anywhere. It seems like Trump has much more energy & enthusiasm behind him compared to Clinton. Sanders is seeing a lot as well although I'm not sure his followers that are feeling some type of berning sensation when they pee, are going to fall in line with Hillary once she wins the nomination. Also, everyone is well aware of Trumps off-putting antics, & his numbers have steadily gone up. I'm not sure Hillary is going to see the same phenomenon once the attack ads start rolling in.
May 9 2016 08:20am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ May 9 2016 06:07am)
Key word being you think. Just like you think Clintons negatives are going to magically go up. Just like how everyone thought that the idea was absurd that Trump would garnish any real support, much less win the nomination. Both of which he's doing in staggering fashion. Neither of these God awful candidates support are going anywhere. It seems like Trump has much more energy & enthusiasm behind him compared to Clinton. Sanders is seeing a lot as well although I'm not sure his followers that are feeling some type of berning sensation when they pee, are going to fall in line with Hillary once she wins the nomination. Also, everyone is well aware of Trumps off-putting antics, & his numbers have steadily gone up. I'm not sure Hillary is going to see the same phenomenon once the attack ads start rolling in.

I don't think her negatives will magically improve I think the orange buffoon is going to help her by making her look like a much better choice

and to your bold yeah it's what I think and my posts have been thought out and aren't based in meme so when I come to collect in November it will be much sweeter than the dumbassery that is involved right now with calling voyaging out
Gold: 34,747.70
May 9 2016 09:05am
Quote (Beowulf @ May 9 2016 02:30pm)
and then the Republicans showed those damned dirty hippies by nominating a guy that fits all the above

personal attacks work fine with a group of people that are not large enough in numbers to win a general and personal attacks completely turn off a lot of people he absolutely has to win over to win

It's going to come down to a handful of states and I don't see Trump realistically flipping enough (if any) of the states necessary. I think he has put himself in a lose lose situation as no matter what he changes it's going potentially cost him more than it helps him.

I think your last comment is unfortunate.

I think it shows how privileged many are in our country to where they don't have to care about the importance of our elections only the entertainment.

Elections have consequences and affect many many people that are struggling to achieve their potential in a society and system that are decaying in many ways.

It's not a meme world for a large chunk of the population and people should treat our elections seriously

Whenever someone uses that word you know they'd been reading too much Buzzfeed. You can take the election seriously but still enjoy the entertainment of it. Those two events aren't mutually exclusive.

Your analysis is great and all but pretty much everyone has been saying the same thing about him for months now. Underestimating Trump is a pretty dangerous mistake. Hillary has the advantage of running as a Democrat and likely winning big states like NY. However, if you look at Trump he's getting 30,000+ people at rallies while Hillary gets maybe a thousand. If anyone can flip big states and take it from Hillary it's him.
May 9 2016 09:18am
Quote (EA7 @ May 9 2016 07:05am)
Whenever someone uses that word you know they'd been reading too much Buzzfeed. You can take the election seriously but still enjoy the entertainment of it. Those two events aren't mutually exclusive.

Your analysis is great and all but pretty much everyone has been saying the same thing about him for months now. Underestimating Trump is a pretty dangerous mistake. Hillary has the advantage of running as a Democrat and likely winning big states like NY. However, if you look at Trump he's getting 30,000+ people at rallies while Hillary gets maybe a thousand. If anyone can flip big states and take it from Hillary it's him.

There is a real divide in the GOP and if Trump continues the "screw 'em" attitude I am not so sure that the independents and new voters he brings in will be able to make up for his losses in his own party

He doesn't have the numbers and I don't see that changing no matter what Trump supporters and profitable news organizations want people to believe

as far as I know I've never read buzzfeed and I don't fully know what it is.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 9 2016 09:28am
Quote (EA7 @ 9 May 2016 16:05)
if you look at Trump he's getting 30,000+ people at rallies while Hillary gets maybe a thousand. If anyone can flip big states and take it from Hillary it's him.

is that true ? where do we find that data?
Gold: 2,620.00
May 9 2016 12:18pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 8 May 2016 12:10)
She gets a lot of shit and her talking is fingernails on a chalkboard to me but she energized the GOP

whether that was for the better or worse is debatable but she probably caused McCain to lose by less than he would have with any other pick

Her popularity was terrible for the GOP. Picking her as the VP popularized and legitamized the Tea Party movement, which has since fractured the Republican base.

Since then, Republicans' views of their own party have steadily declined and there has been an increasing amount of turmoil within their own party.

For example, recently the Freedom Caucus (Tea Party) basically ousted Boehner out as speaker, and then refused the nominee in waiting, and it was basically a huge public display of the GOP's frustration and disagreement with itself.

Palin did not single handeldy popularize the Tea Party movement, obviously, but she did help cement it as an extremely influential piece of GOP politics. Her endorsements of Tea Party congress representatives, governors and others gave them huge boosts in their elections.

Fortunately for the GOP, Sarah Palin's influence is waning. The GOP doesn't let her talk on behalf of the party at big events that much anymore.

Unfortunately for the GOP, the Tea Party is here to stay for at least a little while longer. And their precense has actually made it harder to pass real Conservative agenda (especially fiscally) because of their principle to never compromise.

This hardliner stance has resulted in some of the least productive Congresses in US history and increasing disapproval of the party by their own base. They are seen as uncompromising and extreme, and the Conservatives who don't view them as that are still frustrated by the lack of any real Conservative agenda getting passed.

So yeah, Sarah Palin and the Tea Party have been terrible for the GOP. Never compromising sounds good in theory but you end up pissing off your own base because you don't actually get anything done. If you repeatedly talk about how Washington, politicians, and government are corrupt, then eventually the people are going to want someone who is an "outsider." Enter Donald Trump.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12782792802812823169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll