d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1274275276277278307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 27 2023 08:59am
Quote (MountainLake @ Aug 27 2023 03:57am)
You're just not smart enough to wrap your head around science, therefore you're rejecting it, although the only reason for your existence is vaccines.

Without vaccines there is zero chance you would walk this earth. One of your ancestors would have died without vaccines and we wouldn't have to read your bullshit here.

you one of them face diaper covidiots?

Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 27 2023 03:05pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 27 2023 11:22pm)
Oh right, you don't understand since you don't have the Holy Spirit, silly of me to assume you'd get it.

Genesis 1:1-3

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

This matches up that Earth was measured to be the correct distance from the sun to be able to sustain life. It was measured by God.

I am scared and want immediate answers? It appears to me that you are the one asking the 20 questions and not prepared to make a decision.

You want to talk about my fear? I'll tell you what I fear.

Matthew 10:28

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

That is a fear but it is a healthy fear is it not? Do you not fear your boss? Ever heard of don't cross the boss?

What I don't understand is why you think there is a battle between Science and Religion? I fail to see where the collisions lie. Tell me, if the Earth is billions of years old or if the Earth of 6,000 years old, will that factor into your decision making whether or not to steal that loaf of bread from the bakery?

What you fail to realize is what the Bible teaches and what we supposedly already know came from God. The Bible is full of examples that explain why we act the way we do. Then again you wouldn't believe me even if I posted the verses would you? You still don't have the Holy Spirit to help you understand.

You had one simple job to provide concrete evidence about the magic in the bible. You failed.
How long ago was the biblical flood claim? 5000ish years ago according to the bible. You gave me grand canyon and sandstone tepeats as some kind of attempt like you know what you are talking about.
Grand canyon was formed over many millions of years not just 5000 years = fail
You talked about pangea and how the biblical flood made the once joint landmass separate after the flood.... I countered that pangea is known to be around 240million years ago through a very slow process of shifting tectonic plates which is still shifting at present. = fail
You have provided just one spot on earth to explain a global flood. Yet for global flood requires GLOBAL PROOF at the same time period of 5000 years. This you have not provided. = fail.
Now you are trying to tell what's the difference between 6000 years and billions of years if you can't make a decision to steal or not to steal. = fail.

This is a classic deflection by moving the goal posts. An intelligent person who isn't under effects of religious koolaid would conclude the biblical flood didn't happen because there are overwhelming evidence against it and very weak to no evidence for it.
This should tell you the bible is fallible and cannot be a word of an infallible, perfect, omnipotent being. But is likely a work of very flawed iron age dirt farmer (with a god complex) from middle east who is desperately trying to sound smart.

This post was edited by addone on Aug 27 2023 03:10pm
Aug 27 2023 03:31pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 27 2023 02:05pm)
You had one simple job to provide concrete evidence about the magic in the bible. You failed.
How long ago was the biblical flood claim? 5000ish years ago according to the bible. You gave me grand canyon and sandstone tepeats as some kind of attempt like you know what you are talking about.
You talked about pangea and how the biblical flood made the once joint landmass separate after the flood.... I countered that pangea is known to be around 240million years ago through a very slow process of shifting tectonic plates which is still shifting at present. = fail
You have provided just one spot on earth to explain a global flood. Yet for global flood requires GLOBAL PROOF at the same time period of 5000 years. This you have not provided. = fail.
Now you are trying to tell what's the difference between 6000 years and billions of years if you can't make a decision to steal or not to steal. = fail.

This is a classic deflection by moving the goal posts. An intelligent person who isn't under effects of religious koolaid would conclude the biblical flood didn't happen because there are overwhelming evidence against it and very weak to no evidence for it.
This should tell you the bible is fallible and cannot be a word of an infallible, perfect, omnipotent being. But is likely a work of very flawed iron age dirt farmer (with a god complex) from middle east who is desperately trying to sound smart.

grand canyon has billions of dead thing buried in its layers. the only way a fossil is made is by rapid burial other wise it is scavenged or rots. which proves the material in the grand canyon was laid down quickly.
how the canyon itself was carved out is different argument
Gold: 80,771.69
Aug 27 2023 10:53pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 24 2023 06:07am)
People have died for the truth of the Bible. How many people have died for your spiderman or napkin god meme? I'm targeting that specifically.

As for the other religions, refer to this post: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=99644580&f=119&p=650205378#p650205378

despite the enchanted gnome that addone is, spiderman god meme napkin is more real than 2% symbolic grape juice goblet.

so why dont you two keep web slinging?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 28 2023 02:11am
Quote (addone @ Aug 28 2023 07:05am)

Oh? You claim to know everything about the Grand Canyon? How do you explain all the dead fossils buried in its layers?
I would like to see this pangea resource that you just so happen to not link in the past few pages.
Global proof? Look at oil and how we need to dig to collect oil.
You are the one making out that it matters so much about how old the Earth is when the Bible talks about how to treat each other and to put away malice. Do you ever go to the Scam Accusations part of the site and tell yourself they are convinced the Earth is 6,000 years old so therefore they scammed?

Moving goal posts? All I see is you making up every kind of excuse you can find under the sun to not give your life to Jesus, who has the supremacy over all creation.

This is what gives me solace.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

You are destined to bow before Jesus and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. There is nothing you can do about it. You will believe one way or another. It's just whether it will be too late for you.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 28 2023 02:54am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 28 2023 08:11pm)
Oh? You claim to know everything about the Grand Canyon? How do you explain all the dead fossils buried in its layers?
I would like to see this pangea resource that you just so happen to not link in the past few pages.
Global proof? Look at oil and how we need to dig to collect oil.
You are the one making out that it matters so much about how old the Earth is when the Bible talks about how to treat each other and to put away malice. Do you ever go to the Scam Accusations part of the site and tell yourself they are convinced the Earth is 6,000 years old so therefore they scammed?

Moving goal posts? All I see is you making up every kind of excuse you can find under the sun to not give your life to Jesus, who has the supremacy over all creation.

This is what gives me solace.

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

You are destined to bow before Jesus and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. There is nothing you can do about it. You will believe one way or another. It's just whether it will be too late for you.

When did I claim to know everything about grand canyon? That's a strawman. Fossils usually form in sedement could be a flood, could be dying by the water, sometimes in a cave and occasionally they freeze under ice etc. Just like today there millions of animals that will fossialize to be discovered many hundreds thousands or even millions years later. The earth keeps forming layers year after year just like rings of a tree where we can cut it and count the years and discover its history.

You never provided any evidence for your claim about the Noah's flood separated all lands. Implying that prior to 5000 years ago all land was one. Where is your proof of that??

Pangea is a fairly common geological understanding about tectonic shifts of the earth which we can measure the rate and which direction it is moving. For example Africa is slowly splitting in two and will take some 5 million years

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea
https://www.britannica.com/place/Pangea

What does oil have to do with this discussion? You failed, your argument failed you can't even make a connection of basic proof required for global flood much less comprehend how fossils are formed.
What will it take for you to realise you are brainwashed and just plain wrong? I am wiping the floor with you without even trying.

(btw unrelated to this discussion are you a woman? I am picking up a lot of emotional arguments from you. It's like you don't respond to logic)

This post was edited by addone on Aug 28 2023 03:15am
Gold: 2,399.70
Aug 28 2023 05:43am
You cant argue with religious people.
The more sense you make, the less they understand what you say.

You cant argue with idiots, its wasted lifetime.
Aug 28 2023 05:45am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 28 2023 04:43am)
You cant argue with religious people.
The more sense you make, the less they understand what you say.

You cant argue with idiots, its wasted lifetime.

your "argument" might make you feel better but its not compelling
Gold: 2,399.70
Aug 28 2023 05:47am
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 28 2023 01:45pm)
your "argument" might make you feel better but its not compelling

which argument exactly?
Aug 28 2023 05:56am
Quote (Modulok2405 @ Aug 28 2023 04:47am)
which argument exactly?

"argument
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1274275276277278307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll