d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1273274275276277307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 26 2023 02:16pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 27 2023 06:23am)
It is impossible for the matter and energy that makes up all things, to exist in the first place because their very existence violates the laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy. In other words, it is impossible for the matter and energy to come from nothing. So then how did the matter and energy get here? It had to have come from a God that exists outside of scientific law and created them. The Bible says that in the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Also, Jesus Christ proves that the true God IS the God of the Bible because Jesus fulfilled hundreds of prophecies in this first coming that were written hundreds of years before His birth. He performed miracles in front of thousands of people. He healed the sick, made the lame to walk, blind to see, ect. He predicted His own death and resurrection and then died and rose again. The explosion of Christianity is based on that fact and it changed the world. New years, Easter, Christmas are ALL based on Christ Jesus. I have been studying this stuff for years and the more I research the more I know it's true.

Matter and energy always existed. Just changed form over eons of time. The laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy are a theory at the end of the day. But they have consistency to merit being called laws. And in no way do they talk about the initial matter and energy they only pertain to that which already exists.

Who created God? A more powerful God? Then who created him? He always existed? If he always existed then matter and energy always existed also because god is something/energy. And since something/matter/energy already exists then there was no initial magic like Christians claim.

Jesus only proved prophesies in a fictional sense. He healed the sick, resurrected people from death including himself only in the bible not in real life. Just like Harry Potter fought Voldermort with a magic wand or just like Spiderman got bit by a spider to turn into a magical superhuman that could shoot webs from his hands.

These are closed loop prophesies and claims only made and authenticated by the same people.
Imagine if someone told you that frogs could fly. Then the same person publishes a paper saying that they are true and to just believe them.

In science we have peer reviewed studies so there is no bias so that everyone can achieve same result. Meanwhile the bible "just trust me bro" no need to proof, no need to authenticate, no need to peer review, no need to ask for credibility. You are infact a bad person for even attempting. Just believe there us that a magic man created man out of dirt a woman out of a rib, a talking snake gave them a magic fruit in a magic garden. It all happened bro dont question anything there is nothing see move along. Now give us a donation lol

If that's not a scam I don't know what is.

Aug 26 2023 02:55pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 26 2023 11:27pm)
Let's see, do you remember this post? https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66318140&f=125

Again you didn't read what I posted. You claim you want evidence but you have a hard time reading. Have you ever seen The Case for Christ? Doubt it. You want evidence outside the Bible? Look at creation and how there's an order to everything. Earth was set the perfect distance away from the sun so that life is sustainable. Everything has an order to it which points to a creator.

Look at the Grand Canyon that was formed by the global flood. Look at how you are living and breathing right now.

Have you ever wondered what is the point of life? Why are we here? We are all just going to end up in the grave. We are here for a moment and we'll all be gone in 100 years. You really haven't asked those questions? No doubt you have because God has set eternity in our hearts. We long for something more as we see the world as broken as it is.

If you say that there is no God and there is nothing after we die then what is the point of doing good? There'd be no consequences to our actions. Those who performed the 9/11 deed got off scott free.

I could go on but you seem to have a hard time reading some posts.

Now that we've established God is real, will you bow down and worship him? Will you give your life to Jesus? You should do it sooner rather than later. Nobody thought that Bray Wyatt was going to pass this week at the age of 36.

There are trillions and trillions of solar systems out there. There is bound to be at least a few with the right distance from the sun.
Why do you need a magic explanation for everything? Why couldn't it be possible of us evolving over millions of years?

Maybe there are other life forms out there who colonized earth in some distant past. We certainly have evidence of ancient civilizations who lived here on earth that were fairly advanced if not more advanced.

Grand canyon isn't a result of over a year old flood but millions if not Billions of years of very gradual erosion and history. Global flood needs global evidence in every corner of the world that can be traced and measured some 5000 years ago at the exact same time and level. That's the only way to make it global and not regional. So stop using Grand canyon as some kind of proof because it's not.

What's the point of life if there is no afterlife? We don't really know, I can speculate and give my reasons. A better question is why not give yourself a reason and just live it and who cares. Jesus and God are comfort food for the scared people its a coping mechanism to lul them. An adult version of its going to be okay little timmy you going to a magical place.
Think of the time before you were born. How did it feel? When you die maybe it's like that a complete nothing, you have no ability to feel think, sense or to even exist there is nothing. You are wiped like a deleted program on a computer. So there is no pain or worry all you are doing is just living in personal self created paranoia. If there is an afterlife then cool if not then better make the most of this one.

This post was edited by addone on Aug 26 2023 03:01pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 26 2023 04:34pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 26 2023 01:16pm)
Matter and energy always existed. Just changed form over eons of time. The laws of thermodynamics and conservation of energy are a theory at the end of the day. But they have consistency to merit being called laws. And in no way do they talk about the initial matter and energy they only pertain to that which already exists.

Who created God? A more powerful God? Then who created him? He always existed? If he always existed then matter and energy always existed also because god is something/energy. And since something/matter/energy already exists then there was no initial magic like Christians claim.

Jesus only proved prophesies in a fictional sense. He healed the sick, resurrected people from death including himself only in the bible not in real life. Just like Harry Potter fought Voldermort with a magic wand or just like Spiderman got bit by a spider to turn into a magical superhuman that could shoot webs from his hands.

These are closed loop prophesies and claims only made and authenticated by the same people.
Imagine if someone told you that frogs could fly. Then the same person publishes a paper saying that they are true and to just believe them.

In science we have peer reviewed studies so there is no bias so that everyone can achieve same result. Meanwhile the bible "just trust me bro" no need to proof, no need to authenticate, no need to peer review, no need to ask for credibility. You are infact a bad person for even attempting. Just believe there us that a magic man created man out of dirt a woman out of a rib, a talking snake gave them a magic fruit in a magic garden. It all happened bro dont question anything there is nothing see move along. Now give us a donation lol

If that's not a scam I don't know what is.

something wrong with a person that thinks the spider man/harry potter argument is a reasonable argument. thee is no one in this world that thinks spider man and/or harry potter is real but there are millions who believe the scripture narrative.. so there is obviously something else going on.

Quote (addone @ Aug 26 2023 01:55pm)
There are trillions and trillions of solar systems out there. There is bound to be at least a few with the right distance from the sun.
Why do you need a magic explanation for everything? Why couldn't it be possible of us evolving over millions of years?

Maybe there are other life forms out there who colonized earth in some distant past. We certainly have evidence of ancient civilizations who lived here on earth that were fairly advanced if not more advanced.

Grand canyon isn't a result of over a year old flood but millions if not Billions of years of very gradual erosion and history. Global flood needs global evidence in every corner of the world that can be traced and measured some 5000 years ago at the exact same time and level. That's the only way to make it global and not regional. So stop using Grand canyon as some kind of proof because it's not.

What's the point of life if there is no afterlife? We don't really know, I can speculate and give my reasons. A better question is why not give yourself a reason and just live it and who cares. Jesus and God are comfort food for the scared people its a coping mechanism to lul them. An adult version of its going to be okay little timmy you going to a magical place.
Think of the time before you were born. How did it feel? When you die maybe it's like that a complete nothing, you have no ability to feel think, sense or to even exist there is nothing. You are wiped like a deleted program on a computer. So there is no pain or worry all you are doing is just living in personal self created paranoia. If there is an afterlife then cool if not then better make the most of this one.

lets talk about the grand canyon. first lets talk about the tapeats sand stone layer. do you know the full coverage of the tepeats sand stone layer? the largest layer of sedimentary rock in the world (sedimentary rock is rock that is laid down by water). the layer covers most of the united states. it extends into mexico. up through canada and over into greenland. picks up again in north aferica and is found in israel. there are many layers that make up the grand canyon with billions of dead things found in it. they want to tell you it takes billions of years to create the grand canyon even though for something to become a fossil it has to be buried rapidly or it rots or is scavenged. so the idea that the grand canyon formed over billions of years bullchit falls flat on its face.

how are sedimentary layers formed? they are formed by water current. eroded material is sorted and laid down. its best to see this rather than try to explain it. it is also happening at the mouth of ever river. but nothing like the sheer volume that makes up the grand canyon. how the canyon was cut into the sedimentary rock is another discussion.

vid shows water current making layers out of two different size particles
Sedimentary layers in the Laboratory 7:34

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 26 2023 04:36pm
Aug 26 2023 04:41pm
just a reminder. the first option in the poll "I believe in common sense, science and practicality" its just a belief :)

the second option "I believe in mythological stories like the bible" that they are "mythological" well, thats also just a belief.

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 26 2023 04:44pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 26 2023 09:38pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 27 2023 06:55am)

At least a few you say? You believe that there is life on another planet even though we have not found any? You believe in other life forms? I thought you wanted tangible proof and yet you are using blind faith to believe in other life forms out there? I don't understand this backwards logic of yours.

Are you an archeologist that you know these things? Do you know the full coverage of the tepeats sand stone layer?

What if the entire world was once all connected and then the great flood separated all the continents? If that's the case then I'd consider that global evidence in every corner of the world.

I tell you, if there is no afterlife then there is no judgement for your deeds here on Earth. If there is no judgement and no consequences then there is no reason to be good. You can talk about scare tactics but that's the way it is. How tragic it will be if you were to breed a child only for them to pass at the age of 12.

The book of Ecclesiastes answered these questions, no matter what you turn to whether it be power, wealth, knowledge or popularity it's all meaningless. Death comes to all. Without God, your life has no meaning. Death has control over you as that is a topic you will want to avoid at all costs.
Gold: 1,453.85
Aug 26 2023 09:52pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 26 2023 08:38pm)
At least a few you say? You believe that there is life on another planet even though we have not found any? You believe in other life forms? I thought you wanted tangible proof and yet you are using blind faith to believe in other life forms out there? I don't understand this backwards logic of yours.

He's not saying he believes that there are life forms on other planets. He's saying that there are billions of solar systems in the universe, so the fact our earth is positioned just right from our sun isn't proof that God created us. It's just a fluke.

Also, just because you think life should have meaning, it doesn't prove that God created us, then put us on earth for some purpose.

I tell you, if there is no afterlife then there is no judgement for your deeds here on Earth. If there is no judgement and no consequences then there is no reason to be good.

So the only reason you aren't a bad person is because you fear judgment after your death? I don't know about you but I don't need such a fear to spur me to be a good person. I do good regardless of whether there is judgment/punishment after I die.

The book of Ecclesiastes answered these questions, no matter what you turn to whether it be power, wealth, knowledge or popularity it's all meaningless. Death comes to all. Without God, your life has no meaning. Death has control over you as that is a topic you will want to avoid at all costs.

Your God, which you allege loves us so much, allows death to exist. But science is advancing so that it's possible that we might truly abolish biological death. I don't know about you but personally I want to place my trust in science.
Aug 27 2023 12:21am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 27 2023 03:38pm)

Are you an archeologist that you know these things? Do you know the full coverage of the tepeats sand stone layer?

What if the entire world was once all connected and then the great flood separated all the continents? If that's the case then I'd consider that global evidence in every corner of the world.

I tell you, if there is no afterlife then there is no judgement for your deeds here on Earth. If there is no judgement and no consequences then there is no reason to be good. You can talk about scare tactics but that's the way it is. How tragic it will be if you were to breed a child only for them to pass at the age of 12.

To put it in perspective the universe is so vast we haven't even began exploring a molecule on your zit. You are also narrow minded assuming that this environment on earth is perfect. Who is to say other life forms couldn't have adapted to live in vastly different environments? Could you survive at the bottom of the ocean? No but other life forms easily can.
You are also strawmanning my argument. I am not claiming with 100% certainty there are other life forms on distant galaxies I am merely pointing out the likely possibility.

I get that you are scared and want immediate answers for everything. But don't let it dissuade you from uncomfortable answers. Let science cook bro. We can send drones with cameras to Mars. Just 207 years ago people didn't even know what a camera was and flying was a science fiction 120 years ago. Let it cook.

Please can you pick up at least one science book or watch one video that isn't bible propaganda?
The world was once connected and separated by a flood?
Pangea that started separating extremely slowly over 240 million of years through tectonic shifts? Is that what you are trying to say? Did the bible say it all happened very suddenly some 5000 years ago?

We don't know if there is an afterlife or not. If there is no judgement by some magic man then how can there be good you ask? Simple why not. You just assuming people need to be punished no matter what. Being good as I already explained is an observable, learn able and teachable mode of living it's a path of least resistance. There doesn't need to be some external threat of damnation or an angry sky daddy and a magic book telling us what's wrong or right. Don't shit or piss where you sleep and eat profit?? Use the toilet or dig a hole away from your camp instead. It's a learned behaviour same with killing or stealing etc.. Bible teaches nothing new that wasn't already learned. All it did was steal ideas from other religions and schools of thought put them in a package wrapped around this jesus guy and made them popular. It's literally just Judaism 2.0
Aug 27 2023 01:35am
Quote (JessiWan @ Aug 26 2023 08:52pm)
He's not saying he believes that there are life forms on other planets. He's saying that there are billions of solar systems in the universe, so the fact our earth is positioned just right from our sun isn't proof that God created us. It's just a fluke.

Also, just because you think life should have meaning, it doesn't prove that God created us, then put us on earth for some purpose.

So the only reason you aren't a bad person is because you fear judgment after your death? I don't know about you but I don't need such a fear to spur me to be a good person. I do good regardless of whether there is judgment/punishment after I die.

Your God, which you allege loves us so much, allows death to exist. But science is advancing so that it's possible that we might truly abolish biological death. I don't know about you but personally I want to place my trust in science.

you will be placing your trust in government or who controls them

Quote (addone @ Aug 26 2023 11:21pm)
To put it in perspective the universe is so vast we haven't even began exploring a molecule on your zit. You are also narrow minded assuming that this environment on earth is perfect. Who is to say other life forms couldn't have adapted to live in vastly different environments? Could you survive at the bottom of the ocean? No but other life forms easily can.
You are also strawmanning my argument. I am not claiming with 100% certainty there are other life forms on distant galaxies I am merely pointing out the likely possibility.

I get that you are scared and want immediate answers for everything. But don't let it dissuade you from uncomfortable answers. Let science cook bro. We can send drones with cameras to Mars. Just 207 years ago people didn't even know what a camera was and flying was a science fiction 120 years ago. Let it cook.

Please can you pick up at least one science book or watch one video that isn't bible propaganda?
Pangea that started separating extremely slowly over 240 million of years through tectonic shifts? Is that what you are trying to say? Did the bible say it all happened very suddenly some 5000 years ago?

We don't know if there is an afterlife or not. If there is no judgement by some magic man then how can there be good you ask? Simple why not. You just assuming people need to be punished no matter what. Being good as I already explained is an observable, learn able and teachable mode of living it's a path of least resistance. There doesn't need to be some external threat of damnation or an angry sky daddy and a magic book telling us what's wrong or right. Don't shit or piss where you sleep and eat profit?? Use the toilet or dig a hole away from your camp instead. It's a learned behaviour same with killing or stealing etc.. Bible teaches nothing new that wasn't already learned. All it did was steal ideas from other religions and schools of thought put them in a package wrapped around this jesus guy and made them popular. It's literally just Judaism 2.0

"let it cook" is your faith

Gold: 959.00
Aug 27 2023 04:57am
Quote (TiStuff @ 27 Aug 2023 09:35)
you will be placing your trust in government or who controls them

"let it cook" is your faith

You're just not smart enough to wrap your head around science, therefore you're rejecting it, although the only reason for your existence is vaccines.

Without vaccines there is zero chance you would walk this earth. One of your ancestors would have died without vaccines and we wouldn't have to read your bullshit here.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 27 2023 05:22am
Quote (addone @ Aug 27 2023 04:21pm)

Oh right, you don't understand since you don't have the Holy Spirit, silly of me to assume you'd get it.

Genesis 1:1-3

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

This matches up that Earth was measured to be the correct distance from the sun to be able to sustain life. It was measured by God.

I am scared and want immediate answers? It appears to me that you are the one asking the 20 questions and not prepared to make a decision.

You want to talk about my fear? I'll tell you what I fear.

Matthew 10:28

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

That is a fear but it is a healthy fear is it not? Do you not fear your boss? Ever heard of don't cross the boss?

What I don't understand is why you think there is a battle between Science and Religion? I fail to see where the collisions lie. Tell me, if the Earth is billions of years old or if the Earth of 6,000 years old, will that factor into your decision making whether or not to steal that loaf of bread from the bakery?

What you fail to realize is what the Bible teaches and what we supposedly already know came from God. The Bible is full of examples that explain why we act the way we do. Then again you wouldn't believe me even if I posted the verses would you? You still don't have the Holy Spirit to help you understand.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1273274275276277307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll