d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1272273274275276307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 330.00
Aug 25 2023 06:38pm
Quote (El1te @ 26 Aug 2023 00:36)
The Bible NEVER states an age of the Earth. This is a common myth parroted by atheists and anti-theists

Prove me wrong - please provide the Bible passage that gives an age of the Earth

The bible has a fairly distinct timeline. Are you saying the bible is wrong about it?
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 25 2023 06:40pm
Quote (AyeCaramba @ Aug 25 2023 05:38pm)
The bible has a fairly distinct timeline. Are you saying the bible is wrong about it?

It has distinct genealogy from Abraham to Moses.

Abraham is estimated to have lived 6000 years ago, NOT the age of the Earth. This is the origin of this frankly moronic myth.

The Bible does NOT have a fairly distinct timeline. Can you please provide the passages for this?
Gold: 330.00
Aug 25 2023 06:44pm
Quote (El1te @ 26 Aug 2023 00:40)

Abraham is estimated to have lived 6000 years ago, NOT the age of the Earth. This is the origin of this frankly moronic myth.

The Bible does NOT have a fairly distinct timeline. Can you please provide the passages for this?

7 days? Adam and Eve? Pretty sure we’re not getting close to the actual age of the Earth?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 25 2023 07:00pm
Quote (AyeCaramba @ Aug 25 2023 05:36pm)
That is totally meaningless.

Show me some science.

Quote me some science

Hint at some science

Stop pretending you actually know some science

atmospheric c-14 assuming uniformitarianism which atheists/antitheists insist on.............. usually. 'proves a young earth.

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 25 2023 07:00pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 25 2023 11:10pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 26 2023 11:06am)
I keep it up because it's true. How can the belief be no longer true or useful? The way I see it, the human body still works the same way today as it did 2,000 years ago. Jesus died and rose again still remains true, that can't somehow become untrue.

I can get proven wrong by Science, it doesn't affect my beliefs. I can find out that person who I thought I knew wasn't who they claimed to be. That won't affect my beliefs about Jesus.

Alright so you want to prove me wrong? Can you first start by explaining how sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry is a good thing? What about slandering and insults towards one another? How has any of that changed over the last 2,000 years?

What I find hard is convincing someone that they are a sinner and in need of forgiveness. You are the perfect example of this.

Brainwashing? How is it brainwashing when I did the research and investigations and became convinced of the evidence? Do you want an example of brainwashing? Look at those north koreans who think this Winnie the Pooh is their god and would gladly sacrifice themselves for their leader. He tells them to jump off a bridge and they will do it. That is pure brainwashing. Ofcourse since they are brainwashed they can't see that.

There is no such thing for Christians as Jesus is the one who died for us. I'm one of the chosen ones of God who will join my creator in Heaven.

No you keep it up because you think it's true not because it is true big difference. How can a belief be no longer true or useful you ask? Simple it becomes outdated and proven wrong. Christians and early people used to believe the earth is flat for thousands of years until Galileo and science came in and slapped them in the face with facts. The Christians straight up got mad as fuck and declared an inquisition for heliocentrism to be a heretical teaching. They put him in prison where he remained and eventually died years later. It took the Christians some 200 years to finally start accepting reality, as various scientists with ever more powerful telescopes began providing overwhelming proof. You would think when debating Christians they pick up a history book about their own religion.
Don't get me started on the inquisition and the crusades. Like I said Christians and other religious people are all clinging to antiquated belief systems that keep changing. The original word of God is very different to what it was 2000 years from now. You are simply reinterpreting it and rewriting to mean something else. 2000 years ago this passage is 100% true and real how do you even question the bible? Fast forward today get proven wrong... Oh that part bro we were joking relax its a metaphor we didn't mean it like that.. Its just apologists doing damage control and moving goalposts.

Magic didn't work 2000 years ago and it certainly doesn't work today.

See you are asking me to prove your fairy tales wrong. Where as you should be the one proving them to be true in the first place. You/Christians came up with all these things and not a shred of tangible evidence. Provide evidence so I can either be convinced or present a counter evidence/argument.
Science isn't actively trying to disprove fairies or magic it looks at the world and everything around it and tries to understand it and become better at its own pace. When Christians get proven wrong it's a secondary by-product. Christians are at the mercy of progress and scientific discovery. The word of their God and Bible has to be changed and reinterpreted every few hundred years otherwise they will be laughed at as ignorant. That alone should tell you that there is no God only thing there is a person in the mirror and God is simply your subconscious projection of what you think and believe.

Aug 25 2023 11:25pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 26 2023 12:36pm)
The Bible NEVER states an age of the Earth. This is a common myth parroted by atheists and anti-theists

Prove me wrong - please provide the Bible passage that gives an age of the Earth

Just because bible doesn't explicitly say age of the Earth it does provide a fairly simple timeline with dates which you can add to give you a reasonably accurate age give or take few hundred years. You are just deflecting

Quote (El1te @ Aug 26 2023 12:40pm)

Actually it does. Read genesis it distinctly says earth and everything was made in 6 days with 1 day rest. From there you can take the age of Adam and Eve and their offspring and add it up to jesus.

This post was edited by addone on Aug 25 2023 11:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 26 2023 01:05am
Quote (AyeCaramba @ Aug 26 2023 10:01am)
So here is the thing about your post:

1) When you say you can be proven wrong by science, you have been. You know it, but you want to ignore it. To say it doesn’t affect your beliefs is like saying I can prove to you the Earth is round, but you will still “ believe” it is flat. That’s not how arguments work. If you have been proven wrong, you ARE WRONG.

2) That whole immorality thing and 2000 years thing is totally irrelevant to anything. Not believing in the bible doesn’t equal agreeing with or accepting that it’s ok to do bad things. Total straw man argument, with no merit.

3) Sinner and forgiveness? Even by you Christian standards do you have any right to judge that. If you had read your bubble you would realise it, but I guess, like most things, we only care about the parts we like, right? Even in the Bible?

I would like to see this post. What has changed about the human body from the last 2,000 years that science has proved the Bible wrong? Is it that you suddenly accept same sex marriage?

Even the Bible says the Earth is round. Surely I don't need to fetch that verse for you do I?

Explain why the immorality and 2,000 years is irrelevant.

Quote (addone @ Aug 26 2023 03:10pm)
No you keep it up because you think it's true not because it is true big difference. How can a belief be no longer true or useful you ask? Simple it becomes outdated and proven wrong. Christians and early people used to believe the earth is flat for thousands of years until Galileo and science came in and slapped them in the face with facts. The Christians straight up got mad as fuck and declared an inquisition for heliocentrism to be a heretical teaching. They put him in prison where he remained and eventually died years later. It took the Christians some 200 years to finally start accepting reality, as various scientists with ever more powerful telescopes began providing overwhelming proof. You would think when debating Christians they pick up a history book about their own religion.
Don't get me started on the inquisition and the crusades. Like I said Christians and other religious people are all clinging to antiquated belief systems that keep changing. The original word of God is very different to what it was 2000 years from now. You are simply reinterpreting it and rewriting to mean something else. 2000 years ago this passage is 100% true and real how do you even question the bible? Fast forward today get proven wrong... Oh that part bro we were joking relax its a metaphor we didn't mean it like that.. Its just apologists doing damage control and moving goalposts.

See you are asking me to prove your fairy tales wrong. Where as you should be the one proving them to be true in the first place. You/Christians came up with all these things and not a shred of tangible evidence. Provide evidence so I can either be convinced or present a counter evidence/argument.
Science isn't actively trying to disprove fairies or magic it looks at the world and everything around it and tries to understand it and become better at its own pace. When Christians get proven wrong it's a secondary by-product. Christians are at the mercy of progress and scientific discovery. The word of their God and Bible has to be changed and reinterpreted every few hundred years otherwise they will be laughed at as ignorant. That alone should tell you that there is no God only thing there is a person in the mirror and God is simply your subconscious projection of what you think and believe.

https://i.ibb.co/xgJpJQs/images-33.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/WBxgs5C/images-41.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/3NnrvfP/images-29.jpg

There is overwhelming evidence that it's true, I'll prove it to you. Have you ever heard of something called the Bible? You should read it one day. It's up to you to prove why it's untrustworthy.

Here, I'll give you a glimpse. You will read this right? You have a history of not reading things and then, somehow still demanding evidence. I mean, why don't you spend some time on the gotquestions site? Or do I have to google everything for you?

1 Corinthians 15:1-20

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

The Resurrection of the Dead
12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. (Reply with 14 if you are reading this) 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

Aug 26 2023 01:55am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 26 2023 07:05pm)
There is overwhelming evidence that it's true, I'll prove it to you. Have you ever heard of something called the Bible? You should read it one day. It's up to you to prove why it's untrustworthy.

Here, I'll give you a glimpse. You will read this right? You have a history of not reading things and then, somehow still demanding evidence. I mean, why don't you spend some time on the gotquestions site? Or do I have to google everything for you?

1 Corinthians 15:1-20

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures (aka someone's opinion), 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

The Resurrection of the Dead
12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. (Reply with 14 if you are reading this) 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

Great another here let me provide owherwelming evidence by quoting the bible circular logic.

Bible: claims, magic claims, more magic claims
Also bible: the bible is true.
Christians the bible is true because the bible told us it's true therefore it's true true. :wacko:

The bible cannot authenticate its own claims. It must be proven by tangible proof by an independant source. Otherwise it's pure propaganda. Kim Jong Un can say he shits Rainbows and unicorns and his puppet media who tells millions of people that it's true. It's pure brainwashing and the koolaid is clouding your judgement.

I can make a spiderman comic say that spiderman is real and millions of people saw him and it's true. Those would be "just words on paper" the moment you can prove those words the moment you can authenticate magic, prove actual resurrection from being dead. Then it shall remain as a magical fictional claim. Angels, demons, dragons and fairies are fictional make belief characters so is God and jesus. You can have a guy called jesus but without the magical powers. If you want to prove magic you have to prove it by demonstration or physical means. You cannot "just say" it's true or even use pure logical arguments like there is a possibility that there "might be" magic. This is pure intellectual theorycrafting and jerking around. It must be termed as Christian theory, or what we think "might" have happened and not present it as facts or real.

Just say Christianity is a theoretical opinion not backed by facts or evidence and I'll say you are entitled to believe that but I disagree. I for one don't make absolute claims as truth about big bang or creation. I refer to it as a theory or as probable explanation but not with 100% certainty if its not correct or changes with more evidence and better explanations then I will also change my view.

A view should hopefully be changed by reasonable and practical evidence. Not the other way around. Christianity holds a certain point of view and attempts to change the evidence by explaining it away through circular logic. Add a smidgen of scepticism and let the koolaid wear off ask yourself other than the bible itself telling you or other people parroting the bible how would you know your very specific God even exists? How would anyone demonstrate the process of resurrecting people from the dead like a necromancer with revive?

This post was edited by addone on Aug 26 2023 02:05am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 26 2023 03:27am
Quote (addone @ Aug 25 2023 10:10pm)

https://i.ibb.co/xgJpJQs/images-33.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/WBxgs5C/images-41.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/3NnrvfP/images-29.jpg

chit dude that doesnt challenge scripture. you only believe that because thats what you were told. your just as guilty of what you accuse christians of. i bet you cant even make a decent round earth argument.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 26 2023 05:27am
Quote (addone @ Aug 26 2023 05:55pm)
Great another here let me provide owherwelming evidence by quoting the bible circular logic.

Bible: claims, magic claims, more magic claims
Also bible: the bible is true.
Christians the bible is true because the bible told us it's true therefore it's true true. :wacko:

The bible cannot authenticate its own claims. It must be proven by tangible proof by an independant source. Otherwise it's pure propaganda. Kim Jong Un can say he shits Rainbows and unicorns and his puppet media who tells millions of people that it's true. It's pure brainwashing and the koolaid is clouding your judgement.

I can make a spiderman comic say that spiderman is real and millions of people saw him and it's true. Those would be "just words on paper" the moment you can prove those words the moment you can authenticate magic, prove actual resurrection from being dead. Then it shall remain as a magical fictional claim. Angels, demons, dragons and fairies are fictional make belief characters so is God and jesus. You can have a guy called jesus but without the magical powers. If you want to prove magic you have to prove it by demonstration or physical means. You cannot "just say" it's true or even use pure logical arguments like there is a possibility that there "might be" magic. This is pure intellectual theorycrafting and jerking around. It must be termed as Christian theory, or what we think "might" have happened and not present it as facts or real.

Just say Christianity is a theoretical opinion not backed by facts or evidence and I'll say you are entitled to believe that but I disagree. I for one don't make absolute claims as truth about big bang or creation. I refer to it as a theory or as probable explanation but not with 100% certainty if its not correct or changes with more evidence and better explanations then I will also change my view.

A view should hopefully be changed by reasonable and practical evidence. Not the other way around. Christianity holds a certain point of view and attempts to change the evidence by explaining it away through circular logic. Add a smidgen of scepticism and let the koolaid wear off ask yourself other than the bible itself telling you or other people parroting the bible how would you know your very specific God even exists? How would anyone demonstrate the process of resurrecting people from the dead like a necromancer with revive?

Let's see, do you remember this post? https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66318140&f=125

Again you didn't read what I posted. You claim you want evidence but you have a hard time reading. Have you ever seen The Case for Christ? Doubt it. You want evidence outside the Bible? Look at creation and how there's an order to everything. Earth was set the perfect distance away from the sun so that life is sustainable. Everything has an order to it which points to a creator.

Look at the Grand Canyon that was formed by the global flood. Look at how you are living and breathing right now.

Have you ever wondered what is the point of life? Why are we here? We are all just going to end up in the grave. We are here for a moment and we'll all be gone in 100 years. You really haven't asked those questions? No doubt you have because God has set eternity in our hearts. We long for something more as we see the world as broken as it is.

If you say that there is no God and there is nothing after we die then what is the point of doing good? There'd be no consequences to our actions. Those who performed the 9/11 deed got off scott free.

I could go on but you seem to have a hard time reading some posts.

Now that we've established God is real, will you bow down and worship him? Will you give your life to Jesus? You should do it sooner rather than later. Nobody thought that Bray Wyatt was going to pass this week at the age of 36.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1272273274275276307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll