d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev1262728293072Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2019 09:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ 3 Jul 2019 15:51)
From Trolling to Consoling - Daryle Lamont Jenkin's approach to deradicalizing the Alt-Right

Merry xmas.

Lol. Trolling to Consoling is a fun one. I might use it. Probably not... but I might.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 3 2019 09:56am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 08:51am)
Yes. In some instances absolutely. He's not Gavin 'choke a tranny' McInnes or Steven Crowder but he's not even close to woke on trans people either.

does he need to be?

with the exception of having a personal opinion on trans sports and medical care for trans children he doesn't care what trans people do and he isn't a hateful person in general

save the energy for people that want to actually harm trans people

and by all means campaign to get informed and likable trans people on the show to counter-balance a stoner rambling about the same two trans topics for the 8 millionth time
Gold: 6,124.83
Jul 3 2019 09:59am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 08:51am)
Yes. In some instances absolutely. He's not Gavin 'choke a tranny' McInnes or Steven Crowder but he's not even close to woke on trans people either.

this would only make sense to me if you think being transphobic means not wanting trans to participate with women in sports (especially combat sports) because there is a distinct biological advantage

i find it hard to take any of your anti-fascist or trans-fighting or whatever opinions serious if you genuinely think someone like joe rogan is transphobic

This post was edited by majorblood on Jul 3 2019 09:59am
Gold: 11,407.33
Jul 3 2019 10:00am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 11:49am)
I need to hear more Molyneux like I need a hole in the head. Sad to see you're still sticking up for him even all these years later when he's gone right off the deep end into actual white supremacism. Nice one.

Then I'm glad i shared his video.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 3 2019 10:06am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 3 2019 09:59am)
this would only make sense to me if you think being transphobic means not wanting trans to participate with women in sports (especially combat sports) because there is a distinct biological advantage

i find it hard to take any of your anti-fascist or trans-fighting or whatever opinions serious if you genuinely think someone like joe rogan is transphobic

it's the slippery slope. same happened in the 90s to 2000s with racism. it went from fighting the KKK to "were all a little bit racist", then in the 2010s it went to "white people are a lotta bit racist".

transphobe has changed from people like the marine who beat a trans woman to death upon finding out she was trans to any man who doesnt want to have sex with a trans woman who still has a penis. it fluxes from reasonable to absurd, calling Joe a transphobe is far from reasonable. if Joe is transphobic so is Eddie Izzard, who said on Joe's show that trans progress is happening alarmingly fast and echoed sentiments many middle aged gay men have expressed about he LGBTQ community losing its counter culture status.

_____phone and ______ist have lost all meanings in general discourse. if people who are trans or SJWs insist on over-using the terms we as the reasonable people should insist on ignoring them. engaging on "what a transphobe is" grounds leads to muddier waters than just letting them sling petty insults into silence.
Jul 3 2019 10:09am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 3 2019 12:06pm)
it's the slippery slope. same happened in the 90s to 2000s with racism. it went from fighting the KKK to "were all a little bit racist", then in the 2010s it went to "white people are a lotta bit racist".

transphobe has changed from people like the marine who beat a trans woman to death upon finding out she was trans to any man who doesnt want to have sex with a trans woman who still has a penis. it fluxes from reasonable to absurd, calling Joe a transphobe is far from reasonable. if Joe is transphobic so is Eddie Izzard, who said on Joe's show that trans progress is happening alarmingly fast and echoed sentiments many middle aged gay men have expressed about he LGBTQ community losing its counter culture status.

_____phone and ______ist have lost all meanings in general discourse. if people who are trans or SJWs insist on over-using the terms we as the reasonable people should insist on ignoring them. engaging on "what a transphobe is" grounds leads to muddier waters than just letting them sling petty insults into silence.

also everyone who eats good chicken sandwiches and waffle fries is a transphobe

anyone who recognizes there are differences between people is a full blown white supremacist

anyone who fights against or is attacked by violent communists is a fascist

etc
Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2019 01:55pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Jul 2019 15:56)
does he need to be?

with the exception of having a personal opinion on trans sports and medical care for trans children he doesn't care what trans people do and he isn't a hateful person in general

save the energy for people that want to actually harm trans people

and by all means campaign to get informed and likable trans people on the show to counter-balance a stoner rambling about the same two trans topics for the 8 millionth time

If he's going to offer his opinions on whether trans people deserve certain rights or should be treated in a certain way then yes. He should be better informed rather than spreading ignorant reactionary opinions.
Shouting things like 'she's a guy!!!' and so on is not great either. He not only holds opinions that we should take action re trans kids and sports that would harm trans people but also handles those topics by saying some really yikesy shit.

Quote (thesnipa @ 3 Jul 2019 16:06)

There are definitely people who are worse transphobes than others. Just like misogyny or racism it is an irrational prejudice against that group.

Quote (majorblood @ 3 Jul 2019 15:59)

I do think his views on trans women in sport are transphobic yes. Along with his views on trans kids.
He wants to deny them medical care (kids) and he wants to exclude them from women's sports. Both opinions are not supported by the scientific evidence and both would harm trans people.

I would add that I had some transphobic views going into the sports issue. Rogan's position (though not the manner in which he expresses it) seems intuitive. But on researching it is not supported by the evidence.
I changed my views on the matter based on the scientific literature and upon coming to realise that the famous examples such as Fallon Fox have been misrepresented horribly. Not least by Joe Rogan himself.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jul 3 2019 01:55pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 3 2019 02:04pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 01:55pm)
There are definitely people who are worse transphobes than others. Just like misogyny or racism it is an irrational prejudice against that group.

progressive groups, trans groups especially, should adopt an acceptable bottom range of transphobia, aka the "non problematic zone". same as racism has. i find trans advocates FAR more prickly than race advocates. the average trans advocate reads to me like an extreme BLM member, it drives down people's perception of the movement as a whole. no one wants to get screamed at for incidental issues or even ones born out of acceptable ignorance. no one wants to get their heads bitten off for asking simple questions either. and it seems there's always a presumption of nefarious motivations for asking the question. in general there's a snarky presumption of nefarious motivation that many trans people have, likely from a lifetime of undue scrutiny.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 3 2019 02:04pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 3 2019 02:06pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 12:55pm)
If he's going to offer his opinions on whether trans people deserve certain rights or should be treated in a certain way then yes. He should be better informed rather than spreading ignorant reactionary opinions.
Shouting things like 'she's a guy!!!' and so on is not great either. He not only holds opinions that we should take action re trans kids and sports that would harm trans people but also handles those topics by saying some really yikesy shit.

I do think his views on trans women in sport are transphobic yes. Along with his views on trans kids.
He wants to deny them medical care (kids) and he wants to exclude them from women's sports. Both opinions are not supported by the scientific evidence and both would harm trans people.

I would add that I had some transphobic views going into the sports issue. Rogan's position (though not the manner in which he expresses it) seems intuitive. But on researching it is not supported by the evidence.
I changed my views on the matter based on the scientific literature and upon coming to realise that the famous examples such as Fallon Fox have been misrepresented horribly. Not least by Joe Rogan himself.

A person that has practiced martial arts for 40 years and been a part of the most successful organization within mma for most of its existence can have whatever opinion he wishes on fighting

It's never been based on hating trans it's based on the safety of the fighters and the integrity of the match making.
Jul 3 2019 02:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 3 2019 04:04pm)
progressive groups, trans groups especially, should adopt an acceptable bottom range of transphobia, aka the "non problematic zone". same as racism has. i find trans advocates FAR more prickly than race advocates. the average trans advocate reads to me like an extreme BLM member, it drives down people's perception of the movement as a whole.no one wants to get screamed at for incidental issues or even ones born out of acceptable ignorance. no one wants to get their heads bitten off for asking simple questions either. and it seems there's always a presumption of nefarious motivations for asking the question.

Even less so for holding entirely reasonable and educated positions like opposing child abuse and opposing men in women's sports i would imagine.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jul 3 2019 02:07pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1262728293072Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll