d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev12642652662672683169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
May 6 2016 08:18am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 5 2016 07:52pm)
Interesting idea I saw:

Trump should pick his Vice President in the Apprentice-style.

He has 8 finalists and each week they compete in various tasks and one gets fired at the end of each week.

The TV ratings for that show would be insane and it would make Trump and his campaign even more famous and wild.

Of course, in most cases it sounds like an awful idea that would make for a really easy talking point against him, but this is Trump we are talking about, and more coverage seems to be good for him no matter how crazy it is.

It is my belief that if Trump wants a serious shot at pulling this off his VP choice is going to be a yuge factor, tremendously more important than most VP picks usually are including Hillary's

any shenanigans in that process or making a silly choice may make for good tv and memes but it will destroy his chances, the people that would enjoy this sorta thing aren't serious or dependable voters
Gold: 2,620.00
May 6 2016 08:26am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 6 May 2016 09:11)
...any politician who would even think of submitting to such foolishness is not worthy of consideration .

But is Trump worthy of consideration? This just seems like something Trump would do.

Quote (Beowulf @ 6 May 2016 09:18)
It is my belief that if Trump wants a serious shot at pulling this off his VP choice is going to be a yuge factor, tremendously more important than most VP picks usually are including Hillary's

any shenanigans in that process or making a silly choice may make for good tv and memes but it will destroy his chances, the people that would enjoy this sorta thing aren't serious or dependable voters

Yes. Trump's VP pick is huge, much more important than Hillary's (who I think will go with Julian Castro).

I was hearing Trump could go with a Democrat as his VP (Jim Webb). That doesn't make a whole lot of sense message-wise, but it would still be interesting.

Trump's VP pick has the potential to be pretty big. He could really shake things up.
Gold: 25.00
May 6 2016 08:29am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 6 2016 09:26am)
But is Trump worthy of consideration? This just seems like something Trump would do.

Yes. Trump's VP pick is huge, much more important than Hillary's (who I think will go with Julian Castro).

I was hearing Trump could go with a Democrat as his VP (Jim Webb). That doesn't make a whole lot of sense message-wise, but it would still be interesting.

Trump's VP pick has the potential to be pretty big. He could really shake things up.

I'm coming closer and closer to the conclusion that it might be Rand. My only hesitation is that Reps can't afford to lose his seat in the senate. It would make sense if you think hes going to be looking for - an outsider, a person he knows has history crushing hillary, and an overall reasonable and non-hawkish person on foreign policy. I would probably have a heart attack from excitement tbh so I probably am just be hyping myself up over nothing.
Gold: 2,620.00
May 6 2016 08:31am
Quote (Mangix @ 6 May 2016 09:29)
I'm coming closer and closer to the conclusion that it might be Rand. My only hesitation is that Reps can't afford to lose his seat in the senate. It would make sense if you think hes going to be looking for - an outsider, a person he knows has history crushing hillary, and an overall reasonable and non-hawkish person on foreign policy. I would probably have a heart attack from excitement tbh so I probably am just be hyping myself up over nothing.

I actually don't like Rand Paul for him. I mean, the pairing makes sense for him and some ways, but I don't think it does much for him to win the general. At least not as much as other candidates he could go with. I don't know.
May 6 2016 08:32am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 6 2016 09:31am)
I actually don't like Rand Paul for him. I mean, the pairing makes sense for him and some ways, but I don't think it does much for him to win the general. At least not as much as other candidates he could go with. I don't know.

You're correct in that assessment. His fan base isn't large enough to pull too many people that aren't already voting for Trump anyways. Which is another one of the reasons I don't TRULY think it will be him. I'm just super hopeful. :unsure:
Who it needs to be and who it 'imo should' be are probably so far away from eachother that they don't even know eachother by name.
May 6 2016 08:33am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 6 2016 06:26am)

It's his only chance to bring in the people he needs to win and even then it's not overly likely as he has screwed himself with way too many people

Hillary will continue to improve her negatives and if she can motivate blacks and Hispanics by using Trump against himself she has it in the bag

she is already doing well with whites and women
Gold: 7,252.72
May 6 2016 08:33am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 6 2016 10:26am)

...it doesn't seem like something anyone would do .
Gold: 2,504.69
May 6 2016 08:35am
Quote (ThatAlex @ May 6 2016 08:31am)

I disagree in the sense that I don't think trump has any libertarian pull as it stands. He's calling for a massively expensive wall, Tariffs on our #1 trade partner, and travel bans on the basis of religion. Hard to get farther from freedom than that. At least grabbing up Rand proves you're likely to have some checks to power coming from his own cabinet, perhaps on the most important front, foreign policy. Going balls to the walls on domestic policy is all well and good, but check and balances exist to limit those moves. Foreign policy can be a lot trickier, actions need to be made in real time and going with a anti-hawk like Rand suggests that at least decisions will be weighed from the perspective that action is not the default but the resort.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 6 2016 08:36am
May 6 2016 08:36am
Rand would be a terrible pick for Trump and Trump would be a terrible choice for Rand
May 6 2016 09:28am
Top kek.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-latinos-mccain-222810

"you mean I have to actually earn my reelection?? :( "

hope the old guard of phony conservatives have fun this year.

This post was edited by Mangix on May 6 2016 09:29am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12642652662672683169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll