d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev1252627282972Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,407.33
Jul 3 2019 08:27am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 10:24am)
Wow - look at that. It's almost like people who actually look into what antifa are about and what happens when they go to rallies find that the real story is a lot different than what you see on right-wing youtube.

I didn't even know about that one. I wouldn't say she pushes white genocide conspiracy theory for that even if I did. I'm not a 'gotcha moment' kind of person. I look at a person's entire body of work. In Owen's case she has consistently played defense for white supremacists thus helping push their ideology. An ideology which is pretty much founded on white genocide conspiracy theory.

detached from reality
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 3 2019 08:28am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 07:24am)
Wow - look at that. It's almost like people who actually look into what antifa are about and what happens when they go to rallies find that the real story is a lot different than what you see on right-wing youtube.

I didn't even know about that one. I wouldn't say she pushes white genocide conspiracy theory for that even if I did. I'm not a 'gotcha moment' kind of person. I look at a person's entire body of work. In Owen's case she has consistently played defense for white supremacists thus helping push their ideology. An ideology which is pretty much founded on white genocide conspiracy theory.

so pretty much your view of her is founded on even less than a gotcha moment

it's a nonsense representation she rarely knows what she is talking about and even when she doesn't she has a strong opinion, a strong conservative meme style opinion that she sells to people looking to hear what they want to hear

she's a hack, but she herself is not pushing or supporting white genocide theories by being a conservative hack

she's not playing to white supremacists she's playing to anti left human memes. She's not doing anything more or less than Pool and Rubin

it's not about white supremacy it's about right wing hackery in exchange for currency and attention

This post was edited by Beowulf on Jul 3 2019 08:30am
Jul 3 2019 08:29am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 10:27am)
You remember when you used to rage out at me for calling Molyneux scum?
Still wanna defend him? Or do you finally admit I was right?

You have a low IQ dismissal of people based on them saying some things you don't like, typically from clips in a hit piece youtube video, and typically based on bad faith interpretations of their views.
Someone saying things you disagree with doesn't mean they are wrong or worthless or scum.
Molyneux provides valuable analysis and discussion of numerous issues, even if i don't always agree with some of his opinions or where he takes it.

Molyneux is a much more intellectual and better person than someone like you that shills for violent communists and falsely accuses people of being white supremacists and fascists on a regular basis.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jul 3 2019 08:32am
Jul 3 2019 08:55am
just for you

Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 3 2019 09:08am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 07:45pm)

I was gonna release it as is but the video is so scuffed I want to add some video clips over the top and some commentary for general release.
I'm glad you found it interesting.

if you're going to release it public might i suggest that you do a voice over for the lost audio on your end. i listened to it and had to swap over to read what questions were being asked.

also it's a bit insidery. no intro to the history of DLJ or his work in Philly. he's got years of work in a movement most people are new into. also helps intro him to complete novices on both sides.

Your questions were fairly pointed, but the one question your "cohost" asked along the lines of "when do you stop someone who's being radicalized" was too general and just led to a predictable answer by DLJ of "well it depends on a lot of things".

i realize it might not be feasible but at least a pic in pic of your end would be preferable to the one way of DLJ, but given the issues you're already having i can see how that's low priority.

despite several differences in approach that ya'll had, it still was a bit circle jerky. nothing wrong with that inherently, but could be improved by a closing counterpoint section. perhaps raising issues of overly radicalized people in your own movement, examples of the took it too far people. unnecessary violence, etc.

also i would have liked more follow up on DLJ's tendency to openly fuck with people online, it humanizes his approach and doesnt have the phony moral highground some take in the do gooder lane. he's real and interacts with people in a real way.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2019 09:40am
Quote (thesnipa @ 3 Jul 2019 15:08)
if you're going to release it public might i suggest that you do a voice over for the lost audio on your end. i listened to it and had to swap over to read what questions were being asked.

also it's a bit insidery. no intro to the history of DLJ or his work in Philly. he's got years of work in a movement most people are new into. also helps intro him to complete novices on both sides.

Your questions were fairly pointed, but the one question your "cohost" asked along the lines of "when do you stop someone who's being radicalized" was too general and just led to a predictable answer by DLJ of "well it depends on a lot of things".

i realize it might not be feasible but at least a pic in pic of your end would be preferable to the one way of DLJ, but given the issues you're already having i can see how that's low priority.

despite several differences in approach that ya'll had, it still was a bit circle jerky. nothing wrong with that inherently, but could be improved by a closing counterpoint section. perhaps raising issues of overly radicalized people in your own movement, examples of the took it too far people. unnecessary violence, etc.

also i would have liked more follow up on DLJ's tendency to openly fuck with people online, it humanizes his approach and doesnt have the phony moral highground some take in the do gooder lane. he's real and interacts with people in a real way.

Oh I was planning on an intro and stuff. Got the script half written.

So this was not an interview in the Dave Rubin sense but more of an 'ask me anything'. I set it up and I wanted to ask him about specific things to help our efforts in deradicalisation. But also he's just an interesting dude and I wanted to get more stuff just on his views on antifascism in general. Then I opened the floor to the other audience members to ask questions. I had no cohost lol. I'm the only host.
Some of those members wanted to remain anonymous and so I edited out their voices and put their questions in text. This video I shared here is basically just the raw footage with anyone who wanted to be anonymous cut out. It was made just to show to other members of our community who wanted to see it but couldn't attend the actual AMA event for whatever reason.
There is another whole hour of footage where he just chats with the people in the discord but that footage is so chaotic I couldn't edit out the people's voices who wanted to remain anonbymous without some serious work so I only did the first hour. There are clips from the second hour that I would want to use in the final video though... like him saying 'trans rights are human rights. My trans following will love that.

The final video will be something like - intro with me talking etc... then him talking for a bit. Maybe some footage of him at charlottesville and so on when his screen freezes and he's talking about it then more of me talking about him and back to him talking etc. Gonna try and make it slightly more profile-y with the overarching question of how we should be interacting with white supremacists if at all.

Title would be something like - Deradicalising the Alt-Right: How antifa talks to fascists ft. Daryle Lamont Jenkins
But that's way too long and not snappy enough. I dunno. It might work.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jul 3 2019 09:41am
Jul 3 2019 09:49am
Quote (cambovenzi @ 3 Jul 2019 14:55)
just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OSA9KjCiGU

I need to hear more Molyneux like I need a hole in the head. Sad to see you're still sticking up for him even all these years later when he's gone right off the deep end into actual white supremacism. Nice one.
Gold: 6,124.83
Jul 3 2019 09:49am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 07:24am)

with this in mind do you still think joe rogan is transphobic?
Jul 3 2019 09:51am
Quote (majorblood @ 3 Jul 2019 15:49)
with this in mind do you still think joe rogan is transphobic?

Yes. In some instances absolutely. He's not Gavin 'choke a tranny' McInnes or Steven Crowder but he's not even close to woke on trans people either.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 3 2019 09:51am
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 3 2019 09:40am)
Oh I was planning on an intro and stuff. Got the script half written.

So this was not an interview in the Dave Rubin sense but more of an 'ask me anything'. I set it up and I wanted to ask him about specific things to help our efforts in deradicalisation. But also he's just an interesting dude and I wanted to get more stuff just on his views on antifascism in general. Then I opened the floor to the other audience members to ask questions. I had no cohost lol. I'm the only host.
Some of those members wanted to remain anonymous and so I edited out their voices and put their questions in text. This video I shared here is basically just the raw footage with anyone who wanted to be anonymous cut out. It was made just to show to other members of our community who wanted to see it but couldn't attend the actual AMA event for whatever reason.
There is another whole hour of footage where he just chats with the people in the discord but that footage is so chaotic I couldn't edit out the people's voices who wanted to remain anonbymous without some serious work so I only did the first hour. There are clips from the second hour that I would want to use in the final video though... like him saying 'trans rights are human rights. My trans following will love that.

The final video will be something like - intro with me talking etc... then him talking for a bit. Maybe some footage of him at charlottesville and so on when his screen freezes and he's talking about it then more of me talking about him and back to him talking etc. Gonna try and make it slightly more profile-y with the overarching question of how we should be interacting with white supremacists if at all.

Title would be something like - Deradicalising the Alt-Right: How antifa talks to fascists ft. Daryle Lamont Jenkins
But that's way too long and not snappy enough. I dunno. It might work.

From Trolling to Consoling - Daryle Lamont Jenkin's approach to deradicalizing the Alt-Right

Merry xmas.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1252627282972Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll