d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1252627282947Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.76
Feb 13 2015 01:59am
Quote (thundercock @ 12 Feb 2015 23:39)
Want to know how to stop the "militant" pro-vaxxers? By ostracizing the legitimate nutcases. If you have a child that is alergic to some ingredient, has a weak immune system, etc. that's fine. No one is advocating forced vaccinations of those people. As a matter of fact, we want those types of people to benefit from herd immunity.

Didn't Obamacare make it so that roughly 80% of the premiums go to healthcare only and NOT to administrative costs and profit? That's a pretty good first step towards your goal. The fact of the matter is that the non-profit mechanism is only a small part of the equation when it comes to America's outrageous healthcare costs.

good posting,

yes to the Obamacare, and to add for shiner you forget that one reason the "for profit companies can lower prices is the glut of new business, every business owner knows that if costs remain the same or even drop due to lower advertising dollars per customer sale, and administrative work the actual sale itself is done typically on-line with no human interaction then you can lower prices and still have a higher gpm and a good overall year. You don't hear the health insurance companies complaining do you?
Gold: 248.00
Feb 13 2015 09:34pm
I have trouble understanding the incredible hysteria here, over a measles 'outbreak'. I am only 33 and getting this as a child was just standard, along with the chicken pox. It all smacks of nanny state fear mongering, all on the off chance some minor illness might hit the wrong person and cause serious problems. We seem to live in an increasing state of heightened paranoia and anxiety about safety, prevention and preservation, reminds me of our city council removing the diving boards from our local pool and certain play equipment from parks, all based on the off chance someone might get hurt. I also do not trust the government and especially not big pharmaceutical companies, something like this just gives them the green light for easy profiteering and adding even more potentially unnecessary vaccines to the schedule.

So every human should be forced into getting a yearly influenza vaccine for life? Read an article a while back from a virologist who said avoidance of common flu strains due to vaccine left these people open to worse outcomes from new influenza strains, isn't there now also doubt on the flu vaccines long term effectiveness?

How about we start look at childhood obesity? Where is the hysteria over that and people trying to force change here. This is all very unbalanced IMO.

After all that I am not anti vaccine, I would likely get them for my child, but I would heavily consider what is really worth while and what is not, along with spreading out the schedule. I worry about the stacking of so many vaccines not long after birth, a new born needs time to develop their own immune system and immunity, and no one can claim 100% safety with anything involving medicine, it is just arrogance to do so; the complexities of how any given individual might be impacted can rarely always be accounted for.

This post was edited by Psychonautica on Feb 13 2015 09:43pm
Gold: 133,165.00
Feb 13 2015 11:15pm
I think the problem is that there is public school in the first place (and other public institutions that should not exist). Theoretically they should not be required, and should stand on their own merit (not force). If people fall prey to disinformation, that's their own risk. And while they carry the burden of risk for others still vaccinated, they are not forced to be in the presence of others (aka no public school). lmk.
Gold: 51.00
Feb 13 2015 11:17pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Feb 13 2015 11:15pm)
I think the problem is that there is public school in the first place (and other public institutions that should not exist). Theoretically they should not be required, and should stand on their own merit (not force). If people fall prey to disinformation, that's their own risk. And while they carry the burden of risk for others still vaccinated, they are not forced to be in the presence of others (aka no public school). lmk.

truth
Gold: 285.00
Feb 13 2015 11:26pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Feb 14 2015 12:15am)

Reported for awfulness.
Gold: 260.11
Feb 13 2015 11:29pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 13 2015 11:26pm)
Reported for awfulness.

Don't question the intellectual mesiah! He's only two or three crappily written 8th grade thesis posts away from changing the world!
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2015 11:38pm
the genius argument of '' if your children dont get vaccinated, no public school ''
i love it, kids goes to school then goes back home and never leave the living room. /10 logic.

The thing is, if you make it mendatory ( aka make a law ) that also imply you are willing to fine/kidnap kids from the parents/jail/kill whoever doesnt agree with it
is the idea really worth killing human beings for not complying with the fear of diseases? if yourawnser yes then you are probably not the one who will enforce such laws

Gold: 260.11
Feb 13 2015 11:55pm
Quote (CopBlock @ Feb 13 2015 11:38pm)
the genius argument of '' if your children dont get vaccinated, no public school ''
i love it, kids goes to school then goes back home and never leave the living room. /10 logic.

The thing is, if you make it mendatory ( aka make a law ) that also imply you are willing to fine/kidnap kids from the parents/jail/kill whoever doesnt agree with it
is the idea really worth killing human beings for not complying with the fear of diseases? if yourawnser yes then you are probably not the one who will enforce such laws

Fine parents, maybe. I don't see anything wrong with this.
Have them vaccinated against their parents will? I'd be okay with that, as long as the child doesn't have any allergies that make vaccines high risk.

Definitely wouldn't jail/kill parents unless there's something else going on though, and I don't see why you think that would happen.
Gold: 0.76
Feb 14 2015 03:06am
Quote (Psychonautica @ 13 Feb 2015 22:34)
I have trouble understanding the incredible hysteria here, over a measles 'outbreak'. I am only 33 and getting this as a child was just standard, along with the chicken plivox. It all smacks of nanny state fear mongering, all on the off chance some minor illness might hit the wrong person and cause serious problems. We seem to e in an increasing state of heightened paranoia and anxiety about safety, prevention and preservation, reminds me of our city council removing the diving boards from our local pool and certain play equipment from parks, all based on the off chance someone might get hurt. I also do not trust the government and especially not big pharmaceutical companies, something like this just gives them the green light for easy profiteering and adding even more potentially unnecessary vaccines to the schedule.

So every human should be forced into getting a yearly influenza vaccine for life? Read an article a while back from a virologist who said avoidance of common flu strains due to vaccine left these people open to worse outcomes from new influenza strains, isn't there now also doubt on the flu vaccines long term effectiveness?

How about we start look at childhood obesity? Where is the hysteria over that and people trying to force change here. This is all very unbalanced IMO.

After all that I am not anti vaccine, I would likely get them for my child, but I would heavily consider what is really worth while and what is not, along with spreading out the schedule. I worry about the stacking of so many vaccines not long after birth, a new born needs time to develop their own immune system and immunity, and no one can claim 100% safety with anything involving medicine, it is just arrogance to do so; the complexities of how any given individual might be impacted can rarely always be accounted for.

Please read the blue then pause for a second and read the red. :lol: I bolded the Irony if you didn't catch it.

the only sheeple bitching about getting the vac. for the flu virus are the anti-vaccer's I haven't read one serious post that said the flu shot should be mandatory. I can't see why a person wouldn't want to protect the kids from chicken pox it's a very nasty virus and stays in your body your entire life. It has a chance to re-appear as scabies later in life and that is a horrible condition to deal with it especially when one is elderly. My wife worked in a Nursing home and she has dealt with scabies outbreaks it's not pretty.

Your child's Doctor will know the safe time for vaccines, as will the health department. They have gone to school for a bunch of years to learn this shit, and to second guess them because of some forums read on the internet is borderline wacko. I understand wanting what's best that's why I mentioned finding a doctor who will take the time to talk with you, he's going to want a long term relationship so his best intrest is keeping your child alive as well.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2015 07:56am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 14 2015 12:55am)
Fine parents, maybe. I don't see anything wrong with this.
Have them vaccinated against their parents will? I'd be okay with that, as long as the child doesn't have any allergies that make vaccines high risk.

Definitely wouldn't jail/kill parents unless there's something else going on though, and I don't see why you think that would happen.

lol sounds so easy for you...you clearly dont enforce the laws

lets pretend its mendatory, i dont wanna vax my children, you fine me, i say go fuck yourself with your fines
now like ANYTHING ELSE, fees will kick in, amount will grow, i will still say fuck your fine.what are they gonna do, going to next step, either kidnap or jail...what if i dont comply? what you gonna do? leave us be?? surely they wont,No.
i dont see how this could end w/o armed man knocking at doors at the ones who don't comply. like for any other laws, ultimatly you are treaten with jail or death if you do not comply.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1252627282947Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll