d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1254255256257258307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 12 2023 07:10pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 13 2023 08:57am)
I don't think I ever said the messages are physically literally true, just that the messages and morals of the allegories are true, therefore the story is true, just not in the literal physical material sense. The resurrection of Jesus Christ however I believe to be true.

For example the symbol of the snake is so obviously a symbol of treachery & deceit which other posters have constantly tried to tell you. Even a 4th grader can understand that

It just seems like you're trying to mock people of faith using bad-faith arguments that you already know the answer to. And mocking is so obviously not a rational way to get through to ultra-fringe fundamentalists who believe the stories to be literally true.

The problem with your argument is you assume that I have been arguing with allegorical believers but this thread is mostly filled with fundamentalists who either fully or partially believe the bible in a literal sense.

I already know that it's a morality tale in this thread I am challenging the fundamentalists. So if you are not one good for you.
The fundamentalist hypocrytes and cherry pickers who conveniently conceed their literal argument the moment you disassemble their logic and physical impossibilities.

You say a symbol of a snake is so obviously a symbol... in what way is it obvious mind explaining? Nowhere in the bible does it talk about the snake being a symbol or a metaphor. It describes the creation as matter of fact, the snake did this, then God did that etc.
I know the snake isn't real because that's a physically impossible phenomenon. One would need a mouth and a tongue like humans to emulate speech. I also know that there are numerous logical fallacies and other impossibilities which plague the bible leads me to conclude its a fiction. Not because it's obvious in some ambiguous way you are trying to say it's obvious. But based on its evidence or lack there of.

When you take a position of resurrection was real (actual physical event) then you better have some pretty strong and convincing evidence. Because saying bible told me so is cringe non evidence. Which is equivalent of saying wizards exist who can shoot fireballs out of their hands because a storybook told me so.

This post was edited by addone on Aug 12 2023 07:23pm
Gold: 80,771.69
Aug 12 2023 08:23pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 12 2023 08:10pm)
The problem with your argument is you assume that I have been arguing with allegorical believers but this thread is mostly filled with fundamentalists who either fully or partially believe the bible in a literal sense.

I already know that it's a morality tale in this thread I am challenging the fundamentalists. So if you are not one good for you.
The fundamentalist hypocrytes and cherry pickers who conveniently conceed their literal argument the moment you disassemble their logic and physical impossibilities.

You say a symbol of a snake is so obviously a symbol... in what way is it obvious mind explaining? Nowhere in the bible does it talk about the snake being a symbol or a metaphor. It describes the creation as matter of fact, the snake did this, then God did that etc.
I know the snake isn't real because that's a physically impossible phenomenon. One would need a mouth and a tongue like humans to emulate speech. I also know that there are numerous logical fallacies and other impossibilities which plague the bible leads me to conclude its a fiction. Not because it's obvious in some ambiguous way you are trying to say it's obvious. But based on its evidence or lack there of.

When you take a position of resurrection was real (actual physical event) then you better have some pretty strong and convincing evidence. Because saying bible told me so is cringe non evidence. Which is equivalent of saying wizards exist who can shoot fireballs out of their hands because a storybook told me so.

Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2023 09:55pm
Quote (Vastet @ Aug 12 2023 08:43pm)
Who are you? Have I seen you post before? All you theists are so alike. Since you have no argument I can safely ignore your post.

You certainly don't do a very good job at ignoring my posts, whoever you are.

Quote (addone @ Aug 12 2023 10:57pm)
Ask a simple question about proof of god get stonewalled with endless whataboutisms, and irrelevant preachy nonsense about how I am a bad person and I don't believe in God. No shit sunshine show the proof for magic and your "god" THEN we can talk. I don't care for your sermons, your excuses, irrelevant drivel about sin. I am here just for one thing, hard proof.

If you dont have it then kindly shut the fuck up thanks.

Now can any Christians other than the regular npcs provide some proof for the magic events and creatures including this "god" fellow talked about in the bible?

Remember you cant use the bible to prove the bible. Just like you cant use harry potter book to prove harry potter thats circular logic. Instead try anything like a video of a talking snake, maybe a demonstration how Jesus multiplied 5 loafs of bread and 2 fish to feed 5000 people? Maybe you can give us a tour of this magical garden of "Eden" and show us where this magical tree is?
You could replicate the feat elijah performed by surviving inside a stomach of a fish(whale) underwater for 3 days. Anything of that nature, should be easy peasy for you Christians?

If you going to say something stupid like god created you, then you better have evidence of that, show the how, provide the connection make a clear distinction of why it couldn't of been 1000's of other made up gods!

So which Christian is going to prove magic for us?

Psalm 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

The thing is, the problem doesn't lie whether or not you think God exists. You already know he does. The problem is that you are rebellious against God. Even if your corrupt demands for a miracle are met that still won't change the core of the problem. Care to take a good guess what that problem is? Sin.

How are you going to settle the issue you have that you are rebellious against God and do not want Jesus to be king over your life?
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 12 2023 10:50pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 12 2023 06:10pm)

The Bible does contain both real historical references alongside allegories, so both are true in differing passages. It's a whole field of study called hermeneutics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_hermeneutics

The snake is used pretty much universally as a symbol of treachery and deceit (alongside other meanings - the snake is very common). The Bible isn't written for toddlers so it doesn't need to spell it out for you like a child. If you just talk to any pastor or priest or whatever and ask them the meaning of the snake they'll tell you. It's self evident that a snake can't actually speak a language.

You should study more biblical hermeneutics if you have more questions about its teachings and meanings, I'm not an expert on the topic. But it's an entire field of study that takes years of study to unpack. People have been doing it for centuries and there is no universal consensus on every meaning.

For the resurrection, I rely on solely the trust and faith in the witnesses who testified to it's occurrence. Of course I don't have proof but I don't need it since I have faith in their testimony. This is much like a witness to a crime - the witness testimony is evidence in itself for the crime, even if no other physical evidence or proof exists.

This post was edited by El1te on Aug 12 2023 10:51pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 13 2023 12:20am
Quote (El1te @ Aug 13 2023 04:50pm)
The Bible does contain both real historical references alongside allegories, so both are true in differing passages. It's a whole field of study called hermeneutics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_hermeneutics

The snake is used pretty much universally as a symbol of treachery and deceit (alongside other meanings - the snake is very common). The Bible isn't written for toddlers so it doesn't need to spell it out for you like a child. If you just talk to any pastor or priest or whatever and ask them the meaning of the snake they'll tell you. It's self evident that a snake can't actually speak a language.

You should study more biblical hermeneutics if you have more questions about its teachings and meanings, I'm not an expert on the topic. But it's an entire field of study that takes years of study to unpack. People have been doing it for centuries and there is no universal consensus on every meaning.

For the resurrection, I rely on solely the trust and faith in the witnesses who testified to it's occurrence. Of course I don't have proof but I don't need it since I have faith in their testimony. This is much like a witness to a crime - the witness testimony is evidence in itself for the crime, even if no other physical evidence or proof exists.

LOL hermeneutics!! Christian apologists telling you what the bible should mean according to their own exclusive interpretation lol.
Then for extra points these "experts" disagree amongst themselves what the bible actually means. Peak comedy right there.

This post was edited by addone on Aug 13 2023 12:31am
Gold: 10.00
Aug 13 2023 01:16am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbBDrceCy8

You certainly don't do a very good job at ignoring my posts, whoever you are.

Psalm 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

The thing is, the problem doesn't lie whether or not you think God exists. You already know he does. The problem is that you are rebellious against God. Even if your corrupt demands for a miracle are met that still won't change the core of the problem. Care to take a good guess what that problem is? Sin.

How are you going to settle the issue you have that you are rebellious against God and do not want Jesus to be king over your life?

Who are you? Have I seen you post before? All you theists are so alike. Since you have no argument I can safely ignore your post.

Aug 13 2023 01:25am
Quote (TiStuff @ 12 Aug 2023 14:45)
atheist chit science, here we go again boys :)
you ever wonder how they do it? how they dig in the dirt and find a monkey man fossil? well wonder no longer im gona splain it to you :)
what you need to find is a chit fossil. whats a chit fossil you ask? well its a fossil thats in shitty shape perhaps the chitter the better. thats when the magic can happen. atheist hocus pocus. another word for it is inference. these are the conditions needed for that atheist evolutionist imagination to go hog wild.........also remember hocus means hoax.

so we are going to talk about the 'greatest most indisputable (snicker) find ever. australopithecus afarensis also known as lucy.
old fossil remnants. no face no hands no feet. reconstructed with face of choice, human hands, human feet. awww?! isnt that convenient voila a monkey man (missing link)
HAHAHA HONK
theres more to the story of lucy :) we can talk about it and talk about it and talk about it and maybe we will :)
lucy, no face, no hands, no feet
https://www.bradshawfoundation.com/bfnews/uploads/lucy9.jpg

awww isnt that cute. they put the white in her eyes like a human has. gazing upwards all thoughtful and stuff
https://www.science.org/do/10.1126/science.aah7237/abs/cmnh-lucy-reconstruction_16x9.jpg

Monkey boy still only attacking frauds from centuries ago that have nothing to do with anything.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 13 2023 01:37am
Quote (Vastet @ Aug 13 2023 12:25am)
Monkey boy still only attacking frauds from centuries ago that have nothing to do with anything.

dam yo ignorant boi of your own religion, australopithecus afarensis also known as lucy is from 1974
yo dont even know what centuries means do ya boi........
Aug 13 2023 01:46am
Quote (TiStuff @ 13 Aug 2023 03:37)
dam yo ignorant boi of your own religion, australopithecus afarensis also known as lucy is from 1974
yo dont even know what centuries means do ya boi........

I already covered a couple of your bs examples and proved they don't do anything for your argument. Posting more examples of a refuted argument accomplishes nothing, you've still been refuted.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 13 2023 01:58am
Quote (Vastet @ Aug 13 2023 12:46am)
I already covered a couple of your bs examples and proved they don't do anything for your argument. Posting more examples of a refuted argument accomplishes nothing, you've still been refuted.

you havent covered chit all you do is wiggle your ears ............... monkeys wiggle their ears..........here :banana: EEEEK EEEEEEK
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1254255256257258307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll