d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1253254255256257307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 12 2023 01:24pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 12 2023 12:21pm)
I think it's completely nonsensical, and is unfalsifiable either through physical scientific or ontological means

Same as the parallel universe stuff or whatever. It's nonsensical because there is absolutely no way to distinguish anything of any kind

To summarize: It means absolutely nothing thus it is a complete waste of time to even bother thinking about it

parallel universe stuff = multi verse ?

also? why has the "simulation hypothesis" become a thing. seems odd to me the 'science community throws everything they have against the creator idea then up and argues that its a created place? :) ..................which i find very amusing

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 12 2023 01:26pm
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 12 2023 01:27pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 12 2023 12:24pm)

also? why has the "simulation hypothesis" become a thing. seems odd to me the 'science community throws everything they have against the creator idea then up and argues that its a created place? :)

Ya basically any sort of multi-verse theory, it's all totally nonsensical to me, sure it could be true but it just doesn't mean anything or matter and is unfalsifiable

Simulation hypothesis is only a result of people watching too many science fiction movies and thinking it might be real, like The Matrix obviously. It's completely nonsensical and I don't think any legitimate academic has entertained the discussion. In fact the hypothesis only arose AFTER science fiction media presented it, thus planting the totally fictional idea in their heads

edit: its the same thing with people believing in alien UFOs on earth/ the typical depiction of the Roswell Grey. It's all planted in their heads through science fiction media

This post was edited by El1te on Aug 12 2023 01:28pm
Aug 12 2023 01:47pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 12 2023 12:27pm)
Ya basically any sort of multi-verse theory, it's all totally nonsensical to me, sure it could be true but it just doesn't mean anything or matter and is unfalsifiable

Simulation hypothesis is only a result of people watching too many science fiction movies and thinking it might be real, like The Matrix obviously. It's completely nonsensical and I don't think any legitimate academic has entertained the discussion. In fact the hypothesis only arose AFTER science fiction media presented it, thus planting the totally fictional idea in their heads

edit: its the same thing with people believing in alien UFOs on earth/ the typical depiction of the Roswell Grey. It's all planted in their heads through science fiction media

my perspective
multiverse came out of desperation in response to the fine tuning argument.

simulation hypothesis because you dont get recognition by saying duh? seems the place is confounding, maybe they over reacting to the light slit experiment

ufo and greys......... you ever see the illustration aleister crowley made of the thing he claimed to talk to?

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 12 2023 01:48pm
Gold: 80,771.69
Aug 12 2023 02:14pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 12 2023 02:18pm)
what do you do with the "simulation hypothesis" ?

Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 12 2023 02:24pm)

also? why has the "simulation hypothesis" become a thing. seems odd to me the 'science community throws everything they have against the creator idea then up and argues that its a created place? :) ..................which i find very amusing

Quote (El1te @ Aug 12 2023 02:27pm)

https://www.bitchute.com/video/uLPNAM34kUF5/

This post was edited by lodd222 on Aug 12 2023 02:22pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 12 2023 02:18pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 13 2023 06:48am)
Those events are all metaphors and allegories

Every theologian worth their salt knows this. In fact it is only a very fringe section of Christians who believe those events are materially factually true. The vast majority of Christians understand these to be profound metaphors.

There's nothing to prove, if you cannot understand the metaphors, allegories and parables that's on your own lack of intellect

E.g. Jesus gave sight to the blind. This one is the most easy metaphor to understand. It doesn't mean he literally restored vision to these people, it's that he enlightened them to the truth of God, thus restoring their sight in a figurative meaning

I already said multiple times throughout this thread if it's all metaphor/allegory then it's fine I guess. I don't see too much harm if it's simply a story that supposed to pass on values or ethics. But even then it's still not a very good at doing that as there is many harmful teachings.

I cant remember didn't you start out believing the stories literally then finally shifted your view to a morality tale? Anyway good for you I have no more questions if it's not literal. Other then how can you tell the difference? How do you discern between what's a metaphor and not a metaphor? Did you come to this conclusion after debating it here in this thread or did you arrive at that based on your own?

The reason I ask is because there are still people out there who view it as literal then as soon as it's NOT convenient or when you point out how illogical or physically impossible it is. To not be embarrassed they immediately switch their stance and pull out the "OH its only a metaphor bro, I was just kidding haha (nervous laugh)."

This post was edited by addone on Aug 12 2023 02:20pm
Aug 12 2023 02:51pm
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 12 2023 02:57pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 12 2023 01:18pm)
I already said multiple times throughout this thread if it's all metaphor/allegory then it's fine I guess. I don't see too much harm if it's simply a story that supposed to pass on values or ethics. But even then it's still not a very good at doing that as there is many harmful teachings.

I cant remember didn't you start out believing the stories literally then finally shifted your view to a morality tale? Anyway good for you I have no more questions if it's not literal. Other then how can you tell the difference? How do you discern between what's a metaphor and not a metaphor? Did you come to this conclusion after debating it here in this thread or did you arrive at that based on your own?

The reason I ask is because there are still people out there who view it as literal then as soon as it's NOT convenient or when you point out how illogical or physically impossible it is. To not be embarrassed they immediately switch their stance and pull out the "OH its only a metaphor bro, I was just kidding haha (nervous laugh)."

I don't think I ever said the messages are physically literally true, just that the messages and morals of the allegories are true, therefore the story is true, just not in the literal physical material sense. The resurrection of Jesus Christ however I believe to be true.

For example the symbol of the snake is so obviously a symbol of treachery & deceit which other posters have constantly tried to tell you. Even a 4th grader can understand that

It just seems like you're trying to mock people of faith using bad-faith arguments that you already know the answer to. And mocking is so obviously not a rational way to get through to ultra-fringe fundamentalists who believe the stories to be literally true.
Aug 12 2023 02:57pm
Quote (addone @ Aug 12 2023 01:18pm)

meh bullcht addone. life is full of literal and metaphor and no one else has any problem with it
Aug 12 2023 03:09pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 12 2023 01:57pm)
I don't think I ever said the messages are physically literally true, just that the messages and morals of the allegories are true, therefore the story is true, just not in the literal physical material sense. The resurrection of Jesus Christ however I believe to be true.

For example the symbol of the snake is so obviously a symbol of treachery & deceit which other posters have constantly tried to tell you. Even a 4th grader can understand that

It just seems like you're trying to mock people of faith using bad-faith arguments that you already know the answer to. And mocking is so obviously not a rational way to get through to ultra-fringe fundamentalists who believe the stories to be literally true.

ah? now i remember? the simulation idea, intrigging? when we dream we enter what one could call a simulation. so? we are already experience simulation?
when we are in it (dream state) its as real as anything is?
Aug 12 2023 03:20pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Aug 12 2023 04:09pm)
ah? now i remember? the simulation idea, intrigging? when we dream we enter what one could call a simulation. so? we are already experience simulation?
when we are in it (dream state) its as real as anything is?

thou shall not seethe a babe in its mothers milk:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1253254255256257307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll