d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1249250251252253307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 9 2023 09:30am
Quote (addone @ Aug 9 2023 01:39am)
Instead of providing proof you went on straight to whataboutisms on science and its credibility. We are not discussing science or atheism or any other subject other than you providing proof directly relating to magic and magical creatures of the bible. Or are you avoiding the embarrassment?

You are off topic not answering the question.

If you would like to talk about science and its validity or even philosophical questions about reality itself, sure we could discuss in a different thread but not here.

It is on-topic because I'm challenging your concept of belief itself. And I bring up science because science and logical physical processes are the God of atheists like yourself - evident by the fact that you demand to see a physical hard proof to justify your beliefs, instead of depending on both physical proofs and ontological proofs. You rely purely on physics to justify your beliefs instead of both physics AND metaphysics which are both important.

You talk about offering proof of God. I personally cannot offer you hard proof because I don't have the power to do so. Just like how in science, only a handful of people with access to extremely complex and expensive instrumentation have the power to offer proof of various scientific concepts. Only true prophets can offer proof of God and I'm not a prophet.

Not to mention that proof has already been provided, you just choose to ignore it or say it never actually happened and that the witnesses were lying. Jesus spontaneously came back from the dead. That is hard 100% proof of his divinity.
Gold: 1,065.00
Aug 9 2023 02:10pm
Quote (El1te @ 9 Aug 2023 17:30)
It is on-topic because I'm challenging your concept of belief itself. And I bring up science because science and logical physical processes are the God of atheists like yourself - evident by the fact that you demand to see a physical hard proof to justify your beliefs, instead of depending on both physical proofs and ontological proofs. You rely purely on physics to justify your beliefs instead of both physics AND metaphysics which are both important.

You talk about offering proof of God. I personally cannot offer you hard proof because I don't have the power to do so. Just like how in science, only a handful of people with access to extremely complex and expensive instrumentation have the power to offer proof of various scientific concepts. Only true prophets can offer proof of God and I'm not a prophet.

Not to mention that proof has already been provided, you just choose to ignore it or say it never actually happened and that the witnesses were lying. Jesus spontaneously came back from the dead. That is hard 100% proof of his divinity.

Science is not the god of anything, this statement is wrong.
There is no cult, temple or priest that tells you how to worship science.
Scienceman/woman puplish there findings and other scienceman/woman works hard to prove them wrong,or find fault in their thesis.
Also alot of scientists belive in god/ gods. Only way to become a scientist in medival times were to become a monk.

Gold: 4,575.69
Aug 9 2023 02:31pm
Quote (Tapir @ Aug 9 2023 01:10pm)
Scienceman/woman puplish there findings and other scienceman/woman works hard to prove them wrong,or find fault in their thesis.
Also alot of scientists belive in god/ gods. Only way to become a scientist in medival times were to become a monk.

Dr. Anthony Fauci and the CDC are examples of a high priest and a temple of "science" respectively

There are plenty of temples of worship, and yes there exists a cult of "science" (which is science in name only)

Some more examples of temples and institutions: the Nature journal and the IPCC

Actual true science is as you correctly state, and that yes the founders of science were strongly devout religious men. But the modern cult of "science" does not adhere to these principles.

This post was edited by El1te on Aug 9 2023 02:32pm
Gold: 1,065.00
Aug 9 2023 02:41pm
Quote (El1te @ 9 Aug 2023 22:31)
Dr. Anthony Fauci and the CDC are examples of a high priest and a temple of "science" respectively

There are plenty of temples of worship, and yes there exists a cult of "science" (which is science in name only)

Some more examples of temples and institutions: the Nature journal and the IPCC

Actual true science is as you correctly state, and that yes the foudners of science were strongly devout religious men. But the modern cult of "science" does not adhere to these principles.

We don't realy know that the ancient greeks and egyptians were strongly devout religious, but maybe.

Well maybe its an culture thing or the fact that I'am not athiest nor christian. But i don't concider Dr.fauci priest.
He should atleast be an professor ;)
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Aug 9 2023 02:47pm
Quote (El1te @ Aug 10 2023 03:30am)

Science isn't perfect and doesn't know all the answers. People and politics can get in the way also. But it has good sound logic and physical proof to back up its theories. That doesn't stop people using it and explaining the world because it's practical despite its failures or wrongs in the past it learns and upgrades its knowledge base. It seperates us from iron age goat farmers who still use stories about a fish that swallowed a guy for 3 days and talking snakes.

I don't need you personally to offer me hard proof merely a reference to someone who has. Preferably several respectable sources. Also you can demonstrate with sound logic some of the magic things which appear by an existing magic.
For example you could show us any random real snake and have a genuine conversation on camera. You got a phone camera don't you? You could turn water to wine or walk ontop of it maybe? Jesus didn't use any bread and fish high tech duplicating machines that cost millions of dollars he waved his fingers and poof just like that they multiplied. Maybe you could wiggle your fingers in same manner or use your "god's powers" to reproduce same feats.
Giving excuses is all you are doing.

The "evidence" that you say was already provided isn't evidence. It's haresay and circular logic. The same "evidence" you can apply to harry potter and say look harry cast a fireball spell. It says so in the story book there is your evidence that shooting fire from bare hands is possible. You are simply accepting it at face value. When bible tells you 2+2=5 you just say omg yes true even though it's impossible and illogical.

I am saying hang on a minute, magical garden, dragons, demons, parting the ocean with a stick, ressurecting people from the dead?.. something doesn't add up here where is the evidence I am going to need some explaining.
Christians: we don't question magic because we read it in our book and that book wouldn't lie. No this book thats illogical, with hundreds of contradictions, dozens of magical creatures, many instances of sorcery would never lie its definitely all true (sips koolaid).

This post was edited by addone on Aug 9 2023 02:52pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 9 2023 05:51pm
Quote (Tapir @ Aug 9 2023 01:10pm)

sci·en·tism
nounrare
noun: scientism

thought or expression regarded as characteristic of scientists.
excessive belief in the power of scientific knowledge and techniques.

Quote (Tapir @ Aug 9 2023 01:41pm)
We don't realy know that the ancient greeks and egyptians were strongly devout religious, but maybe.

Well maybe its an culture thing or the fact that I'am not athiest nor christian. But i don't concider Dr.fauci priest.
He should atleast be an professor ;)

Quote (addone @ Aug 9 2023 01:47pm)
Science isn't perfect and doesn't know all the answers. People and politics can get in the way also. But it has good sound logic and physical proof to back up its theories. That doesn't stop people using it and explaining the world because it's practical despite its failures or wrongs in the past it learns and upgrades its knowledge base. It seperates us from iron age goat farmers who still use stories about a fish that swallowed a guy for 3 days and talking snakes.

I don't need you personally to offer me hard proof merely a reference to someone who has. Preferably several respectable sources. Also you can demonstrate with sound logic some of the magic things which appear by an existing magic.
For example you could show us any random real snake and have a genuine conversation on camera. You got a phone camera don't you? You could turn water to wine or walk ontop of it maybe? Jesus didn't use any bread and fish high tech duplicating machines that cost millions of dollars he waved his fingers and poof just like that they multiplied. Maybe you could wiggle your fingers in same manner or use your "god's powers" to reproduce same feats.
Giving excuses is all you are doing.

The "evidence" that you say was already provided isn't evidence. It's haresay and circular logic. The same "evidence" you can apply to harry potter and say look harry cast a fireball spell. It says so in the story book there is your evidence that shooting fire from bare hands is possible. You are simply accepting it at face value. When bible tells you 2+2=5 you just say omg yes true even though it's impossible and illogical.

I am saying hang on a minute, magical garden, dragons, demons, parting the ocean with a stick, ressurecting people from the dead?.. something doesn't add up here where is the evidence I am going to need some explaining.
Christians: we don't question magic because we read it in our book and that book wouldn't lie. No this book thats illogical, with hundreds of contradictions, dozens of magical creatures, many instances of sorcery would never lie its definitely all true (sips koolaid).

lol waved his fingers

fossil snake with four legs. you cant even admit to the simple things already right in front of you. why?
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.natgeofe.com%2Fn%2Fe35f4115-0e56-4bbb-a635-379d3b5a13d5%2FHindlimb_3x2.jpg&tbnid=gPCVofAj2QY9dM&vet=12ahUKEwjVwOPr4dCAAxW-oYkEHTMsCFwQMygBegUIARC_AQ..i&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalgeographic.com%2Fscience%2Farticle%2Fa-fossil-snake-with-four-legs&docid=SfA8L1jZFw47CM&w=3072&h=2046&q=fossil%20snake%20with%204%20legs&client=firefox-b-1-e&ved=2ahUKEwjVwOPr4dCAAxW-oYkEHTMsCFwQMygBegUIARC_AQ
Gold: 0.00
Aug 9 2023 09:48pm
Quote (Vastet @ Aug 9 2023 06:55pm)
Who are you? Have I seen you post before? All you theists are so alike. Since you have no argument I can safely ignore your post.

You certainly don't do a very good job at ignoring my posts, whoever you are.

Quote (addone @ Aug 9 2023 07:03pm)
Nope that's irrelevant nonsense. Where is the proof for heaven and hell or any of the magic such as multiplying 5 loads of bread and 2 fish to feed 5000 people. If you cannot provide evidence for your bs stories then leave thanks.

That's another problem you have. You are putting limitations on God. Because you have this misconception about God, everything from that point of view is wrong. It's the same as choosing the wrong pathway from the start, doesn't matter which direction you go from there as it will not lead you to the correct destination.

In fact you need to turn back and go right from the start. Hence the following:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

Gold: 10.00
Aug 10 2023 12:33am
Who are you? Have I seen you post before? All you theists are so alike. Since you have no argument I can safely ignore your post.
Gold: 10.00
Aug 10 2023 12:33am
Quote (TiStuff @ 9 Aug 2023 06:14)
u been broke good

Aww you broke & on your knees.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 10 2023 01:15am
Quote (Vastet @ Aug 9 2023 11:33pm)
Aww you broke & on your knees.

your diaper face bowed to this guy u a religious kook
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List