d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Immigration, Etc... > And Illegal Immigrants
Prev1242526272877Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,075.00
May 4 2018 10:37pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ May 4 2018 09:28pm)
Post links. I want proof.

http://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/statistics/

Scroll down until you find this:

Religious faith is a central influence on giving. Religious people are much more likely than the non-religious to donate to charitable causes—including secular causes—and they give much more.

This chart holds all other demographic variables like income, race, education, etc. constant, so that when religious and non-religious counterparts are compared they are true peers in every other way. And the results show that persons who attend religious services twice a month or more give over four times as much as persons who never attend services.

We know the religious are also far more likely to volunteer. Among Americans who have volunteered within the last year, three quarters belong to a religious organization, one quarter do not.

https://www.philanthropy.com/article/Religious-Americans-Give-More/153973

Another source that basically has a study that echoes the above facts.

Not only are you a hateful little man you are also ignorant. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and not broadcast your prejudice to the world.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 4 2018 10:39pm
Gold: 260.11
May 4 2018 10:43pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 4 2018 10:37pm)
http://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/statistics/

Scroll down until you find this:

https://www.philanthropy.com/article/Religious-Americans-Give-More/153973

Another source that basically has a study that echoes the above facts.

Not only are you a hateful little man you are also ignorant. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and not broadcast your prejudice to the world.

Usually, these include church tithings as 100% charity, when they aren't. Does this account for that?

Also, even though I'm clearly atheist, because I volunteered at a Catholic hospital I would count as a religious volunteer. So it's not great to count "three quarters belong to a religious organization".

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 4 2018 10:44pm
May 4 2018 10:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 4 2018 09:43pm)
Usually, these include church tithings as 100% charity, when they aren't. Does this account for that?

Also, even though I'm clearly atheist, because I volunteered at a Catholic hospital I would count as a religious volunteer. So it's not great to count "three quarters belong to a religious organization".

Reading is hard. I guess you missed the "including secular causes" part.

Statistics and studies vs trivialities from an atheist. You are assuming you would be included in the tally for a religious volunteer, it's an assumption that you are making without providing any evidence that's the case.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 4 2018 10:51pm
May 4 2018 10:55pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 4 2018 10:50pm)
Reading is hard. I guess you missed the "including secular causes" part.

Statistics and studies vs trivialities from an atheist. You are assuming you would be included in the tally for a religious volunteer, it's an assumption that you are making without providing any evidence that's the case.

Reading is hard. I guess you missed the point where tithings aren't necessarily charity, and there are actually churches that explicitly don't do charity for non-members.

You didn't actually read your study for comprehension, you just posted it because it supported your opinion. That's why you can't actually answer any basic questions about the methodologies. You're pathetic from an academic standpoint, you just parrot with no actual substance behind it.
May 4 2018 11:03pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 4 2018 09:55pm)
Reading is hard. I guess you missed the point where tithings aren't necessarily charity, and there are actually churches that explicitly don't do charity for non-members.

You didn't actually read your study for comprehension, you just posted it because it supported your opinion. That's why you can't actually answer any basic questions about the methodologies. You're pathetic from an academic standpoint, you just parrot with no actual substance behind it.

Ride my dick harder because time after time i make you look stupid.

It literally states in the second paragraph, and in the chart that the metric for identifying someone as a religious vs non religious giver is their church attendance (between 27-54 times per year) so obviously it's not some randoms that are volunteering at a Catholic hospital being tallied.

It also differentiates between church giving and secular giving, and it also shows that religious people give more not only for church related things but secular. Cry more because reality doesn't agree with your warped perception that hates Christians and tries to minimize facts just because they don't fit your prejudice.
May 4 2018 11:34pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 4 2018 11:03pm)

It literally states in the second paragraph, and in the chart that the metric for identifying someone as a religious vs non religious giver is their church attendance (between 27-54 times per year) so obviously it's not some randoms that are volunteering at a Catholic hospital being tallied.

It also differentiates between church giving and secular giving, and it also shows that religious people give more not only for church related things but secular. Cry more because reality doesn't agree with your warped perception that hates Christians and tries to minimize facts just because they don't fit your prejudice.

There you go again thinking you're being attacked because you're being asked questions. It's philosophy class all over again.

You clearly didn't even read your own study, and only did after I pressed you.
Gold: 21.93
May 4 2018 11:50pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 5 2018 04:03pm)

From some one completely uninvolved, this is not what has happened.
May 5 2018 12:46am
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 4 2018 11:50pm)
From some one completely uninvolved, this is not what has happened.

This is the third or fourth time he's said "I always make you look dumb" and literally every time the only responses are people contradicting him.

He doesn't have enough self-awareness to know when he's wrong, and he doesn't have enough of an inquisitive nature to do the legwork to find what is true himself.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 5 2018 12:46am
May 5 2018 04:40pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 4 2018 11:46pm)
This is the third or fourth time he's said "I always make you look dumb" and literally every time the only responses are people contradicting him.

He doesn't have enough self-awareness to know when he's wrong, and he doesn't have enough of an inquisitive nature to do the legwork to find what is true himself.

What exactly am i wrong about? What exactly was your argument when you responded to me?

I posted statistics that very clearly defined the metric, you respond with trivial but what ifs, that aren't even applicable or are already accounted for in the sources.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 5 2018 04:44pm
Gold: 10,485.00
May 5 2018 04:51pm

Trump administration moves to expel some 57,000 Hondurans

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-honduras/trump-administration-moves-to-expel-some-57000-hondurans-idUSKBN1I52DW

Marlon Tabora, the Honduras ambassador to the United States, said the conditions did not exist in the Central American country to deal with the repatriation of tens of thousands of people.

“These families have lived in the United States for 20 years and re-integrating them into the country will not be easy if they decide to return,” he said.

After El Salvador, Hondurans are the second largest nationality with TPS to lose their status, which was granted to the country in 1999 following the devastation of Hurricane Mitch.

The government said it had conducted a review and found “conditions in Honduras that resulted from the hurricane have notably improved.” The 18-month timeline to end the program would allow “individuals with TPS to arrange for their departure or to seek an alternative lawful immigration,” the Department of Homeland Security said in a statement.

Well, maybe they should stop making new babies then.
I don't understand how anyone can feel sorry for these folks. They breed like rabbits than expect other countries to take up the slack.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242526272877Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll