d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1242526272863Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 30 2015 06:08am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 30 2015 11:22am)
One day, every reasonable, sane and otherwise of good health mind will be forces to confess that christianity, along with all man-made religions, is the biggest load of horseshit to ever have been fathomed by mankind. They will laugh at the pious and holier-than-thou attitudes of the moronic preachers and zealots of old, and wonder how any intelligent human could allow himself to be drawn in by the utterly ridiculous notion of organised religion. They will metaphorically shit on the notion of some desert-dwelling goat-fucker being nailed to a cross to atone for some unjust and bewildering idea of 'human sin'.

Are you free?
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 30 2015 07:23am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 30 2015 01:08pm)
Are you free?

Are you dumb?
Gold: 0.20
Aug 30 2015 08:46am
Quote (cadizzle1392 @ Aug 28 2015 11:11pm)
One day, every knee will have to bow, and every tongue will have to confess that Jesus is Lord. Whether white, black, Asian, muslim, Buddhist, atheist, Christian, whatever. So really arguing and debating won't do much good, especially over the Internet. Besides, Jesus said If a house is not worthy, let your peace return back unto you. Don't let stubborn folks wear you out trying to convince them with the truth about Jesus, cause they will, just let them see you live it. Jesus paid a debt He didn't owe, and we owed a debt we couldn't pay, the only way to escape the second death is through Christ. It kind of hard to debate over the Internet anyways, because it's easy to hide behind a computer screen, anybody can be anybody (cyber bullies). But if anyone on here is truly born-again and genuinely cares about these people's souls, all I can say is, our best bet is to be praying for them.

Asserting that your end story is the correct one then saying arguing and debating won't do much good.
That's a new one for me.
Aug 30 2015 10:24pm
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Aug 30 2015 11:23pm)
Are you dumb?

Nope, I go to University and I'm also a Christian. I also have many awards and achievements that I've earned throughout my whole entire life. All those ribbons, all those trophies, all those medallions, all those badges and all those certificates, just a hint of how much I achieve.

Now what is freedom? The ability to do whatever you want without restraint? If we go by that definition then look at all those murderers and psychopaths like you see in the movies. Is that what you aspire to be when you think you're free?

Does a train express freedom when it gets derailed or does it express freedom when it does what it is designed to do? Same thing with humans, don't we all express freedom when we do what we were originally designed to do and that is honor God almighty?
Aug 30 2015 11:19pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 30 2015 11:24pm)
Nope, I go to University and I'm also a Christian. I also have many awards and achievements that I've earned throughout my whole entire life. All those ribbons, all those trophies, all those medallions, all those badges and all those certificates, just a hint of how much I achieve.

Now what is freedom? The ability to do whatever you want without restraint? If we go by that definition then look at all those murderers and psychopaths like you see in the movies. Is that what you aspire to be when you think you're free?

Does a train express freedom when it gets derailed or does it express freedom when it does what it is designed to do? Same thing with humans, don't we all express freedom when we do what we were originally designed to do and that is honor God almighty?

Freedom from attachments and desires
Gold: 1,532.01
Aug 31 2015 04:23am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 31 2015 05:24am)

Oh my, comparing humans to...trains, what a magnificent piece of teaching :rofl:

Honestly, if you want to waste your life believing that you're essentially a puppet made by god, influenced by god, to serve god, then you enjoy yourself. Keep it to yourself, cos everyone else sees the weakness in you and it's not flattering.
Gold: 0.76
Aug 31 2015 09:25am
Quote (CPK001 @ 30 Aug 2015 23:24)

1st. Bold
1Peter 5:5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

You seem to have mixed up free will with slavery, If you look at your life of being close to God as some sort of duty or task that you must stay on track for, well then things aren't going too well for you. The whole idea of God granting us free will and enabling us to come to him in our own way. We aren't to be forced or to be set on one distinct path, as many saved Christians there are, there can be that many different salvation stories.

We have been given free will we were designed to be able to choose to worship and honor God, if you follow Genesis you know that first man was given the ability to make the choice.

As much as a parent loves a child, unconditionally. And as much as the parent wants that same degree of love in return a wise and all knowing parent knows that you can't force that kind of love out of somebody, you can't demand it (you can try but to no avail), you can't bribe it because the bribee will always want more. The Unconditional love that God wishes from us is the same love that he pours out over us, he doesn't want slaves or frightened church mice, he wants free thinking humans hence free will. And the salvation and grace given to us through Jesus.

Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 31 2015 09:46am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Aug 31 2015 11:25am)
1st. Bold
1Peter 5:5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

You seem to have mixed up free will with slavery, If you look at your life of being close to God as some sort of duty or task that you must stay on track for, well then things aren't going too well for you. The whole idea of God granting us free will and enabling us to come to him in our own way. We aren't to be forced or to be set on one distinct path, as many saved Christians there are, there can be that many different salvation stories.

We have been given free will we were designed to be able to choose to worship and honor God, if you follow Genesis you know that first man was given the ability to make the choice.

As much as a parent loves a child, unconditionally. And as much as the parent wants that same degree of love in return a wise and all knowing parent knows that you can't force that kind of love out of somebody, you can't demand it (you can try but to no avail), you can't bribe it because the bribee will always want more. The Unconditional love that God wishes from us is the same love that he pours out over us, he doesn't want slaves or frightened church mice, he wants free thinking humans hence free will. And the salvation and grace given to us through Jesus.

...how can you post stuff like this when you openly deny the Gospel ?
Gold: 0.76
Aug 31 2015 10:25am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 31 Aug 2015 10:46)
...how can you post stuff like this when you openly deny the Gospel ?

I don't openly deny the gospel I simply have lost my faith.
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 31 2015 10:38am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Aug 31 2015 12:25pm)
I don't openly deny the gospel I simply have lost my faith.

...your faith in what ?

You present yourself as a former pastor and you actively preach out of one side of your mouth while berating Christians out of the other . You try to put people back under legalism instead of acknowledging that we are under Grace . You claim to know the Bible but clearly have never read the warnings against false teachers , that by doing what you are doing you are calling down the wrath of God upon your own head in this life and the next .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242526272863Next
Closed New Topic New Poll