d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1242526272878Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 15 2013 07:07pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 16 Apr 2013 00:18)
So what you're saying is that 24k+ people are lunatics and they all need to have their brains examined for writing stuff down that they saw? Who gave you that authority?

the clause "and that was written just 90 years after their time" gives me that right
and also my knowledge about history and availability of ancient documents
that this claim of yours you copied form some lunatic website is false is evident to anyone who knows a little bit about the subject
even those two sites you quoted clearly are against that claim

Quote (Azrad @ 16 Apr 2013 00:28)
What gives me the most pause is this is clearly obvious to anyone reading this exchange. How you could possibly miss it, I won't bother to guess.

for the '...' clearly much my sentiments as stated also above
to your last comment:
not much guesswork needed, any little doubt could spread like a viral disease - and we can't have that when it concerns faith, can we?

Gold: 0.00
Apr 15 2013 09:51pm
Quote (Azrad @ Apr 16 2013 10:28am)
Oh I most certainly did. But that does not change the fact that you linked 2 articles to defend a claim that the articles don't even address! You might as well have copied a couple pages from the phone book and posted them, since they would substantiate your claim just as much (that is, not at all). I don't know if you post here as some kind of witnessing, but I can assure you: lying or being deceitful is probably a bad idea if your trying to convince someone of something.

No, brmv made it very clearly what the skepticism is about. To restate it again: We are skeptical that 24k+ copies existed within 90 years of the life of Jesus. We would like to see a reputable source for that claim (when I say we, I guess I should only speak for myself, but it seems pretty clear this is essentially what brmv is asking as well).

What gives me the most pause is this is clearly obvious to anyone reading this exchange. How you could possibly miss it, I won't bother to guess.

If you looked with a doubting mind then you obviously won't see it or you'll somehow change it to make it sound like it is evidence against that claim. Yeah nothing has changed.

Are you suggesting that it is impossible to write 24k+ copies of the events within 90 years of the events happening?

If that is the case then tell me how many copies there should be and how many years after the events happening there should be for it to be plausible?

Quote (brmv @ Apr 16 2013 11:07am)
the clause "and that was written just 90 years after their time" gives me that right
and also my knowledge about history and availability of ancient documents
that this claim of yours you copied form some lunatic website is false is evident to anyone who knows a little bit about the subject
even those two sites you quoted clearly are against that claim

for the '...' clearly much my sentiments as stated also above
to your last comment:
not much guesswork needed, any little doubt could spread like a viral disease - and we can't have that when it concerns faith, can we?

Same with you. Apparently you have this idea pulled out of your ass that there could not possibly be any way that 24k+ people can write down the events after they happened within a 90 year period.

I do not follow your logic of thought and reasoning at all. Apparently your one single mind is greater than the minds of 24k+ people that were there and wrote down the events.
Apr 15 2013 10:00pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 16 Apr 2013 03:51)
I do not follow your logic of thought and reasoning at all. Apparently your one single mind is greater than the minds of 24k+ people that were there and wrote down the events.

no worries i do understand that you cannot follow
and wow wow wow - more than 24k followers from jesus' lifetime, all converts who could write and all had the money to buy the writing materials
have you read the two websites you quoted and seen what they said about the numbers and the timing?
do you have any idea how many people at that time were able to write?
do you have any idea what the writing material would have cost for that many copies?
Apr 15 2013 10:12pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 16 2013 02:00pm)
no worries i do understand that you cannot follow
and wow wow wow - more than 24k followers from jesus' lifetime, all converts who could write and all had the money to buy the writing materials
have you read the two websites you quoted and seen what they said about the numbers and the timing?
do you have any idea how many people at that time were able to write?
do you have any idea what the writing material would have cost for that many copies?

I also understand that you have a doubting mind and cannot follow as well.
Do you know what the time and age was back then?
Do you know that was the age of learning and exploring?
Do you know that back then education was the 'big thing'?
How do you record the things that you saw and learned and witnessed?
Do you know that everything that was claimed was carefully investigated and proven to be true after all?
Apr 15 2013 10:14pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 16 Apr 2013 04:12)
I also understand that you have a doubting mind and cannot follow as well.
Do you know what the time and age was back then?
Do you know that was the age of learning and exploring?
Do you know that back then education was the 'big thing'?
How do you record the things that you saw and learned and witnessed?
Do you know that everything that was claimed was carefully investigated and proven to be true after all?

please provide a link to the website(s) where you found those statements
will keep them as favourites in case i need a laugh
Apr 15 2013 10:20pm
Over 30,000 people wrote about how the moonlanding was fake and 9/11 was an inside job. Therefore, they must be right!
Apr 15 2013 10:29pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 16 2013 02:14pm)
please provide a link to the website(s) where you found those statements
will keep them as favourites in case i need a laugh

Here you go.

http://godourlight.info/?p=196
http://www.biblica.com/niv/study-bible/luke/
http://dlibrary.acu.edu.au/staffhome/gehall/xtology2.htm
http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionaries/bakers-evangelical-dictionary/education-in-bible-times.html

Enjoy reading.
Gold: 10,042.00
Apr 15 2013 10:32pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Apr 15 2013 09:20pm)
Over 30,000 people wrote about how the moonlanding was fake and 9/11 was an inside job. Therefore, they must be right!

Do those writers all have eyewitnesses to testify the moonlanding was fake?
Do those writers all have the same theories?
Do those writers risk their lives for their beliefs?
Do those writers have any corroborating evidences?
Do those writers have works that are recognized by historians and other scholars?
Gold: 566.22
Apr 15 2013 10:37pm
When a game of chinese whispers lasts 2,000 years anything is possible.
Apr 15 2013 10:42pm
Quote (dajusta @ Apr 15 2013 08:32pm)
Do those writers all have eyewitnesses to testify the moonlanding was fake?
Do those writers all have the same theories?
Do those writers risk their lives for their beliefs?
Do those writers have any corroborating evidences?
Do those writers have works that are recognized by historians and other scholars?

Yes to all.

Edit: ...and I can find you Mormons and Scientologists who are into some...interesting...things, like divine x-ray glasses and aliens being the creators of life on earth.

This post was edited by sylvannos on Apr 15 2013 10:45pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242526272878Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll