d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Black On White Hate Crime > Caught On Video
Prev1242526272844Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 678.00
Apr 26 2011 12:36pm
Quote (thundercock @ 26 Apr 2011 19:33)
Sorry, you are correct.  Thank you for your response.  One problem is that the number of urinals would decrease.  I really don't want that to happen.

I don't see why, exactly.

The space used for the seperate bathrooms could be used for one large bathroom. Why would the number of urinals decrease?
Gold: 42.08
Apr 26 2011 12:38pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 06:34pm)
First you criticize this point by claiming it's just "what ifs", then you use "what ifs" to back up your side. Also, are you advocating it's okay for pre-elementary age kids (<5 year old children) to be talking about sex as an argument for unisex bathrooms? Seriously? I cannot seriously believe you even would suggest such as a thing. It sounds more like you're okay with introducing kids towards sexual information and behavior, and that's why you're okay with unisex restrooms.

Let's be clear here, I don't take the liberal approach of safety means absolute safety. Steps toward various levels of safety are never 100%. The issue is when doing nothing ends up causing more issues than being pro-active.

Lots of kids are educated about sex at a very early age. We're both from Kansas so we of all people ought to know that, seeing as farm kids are constantly exposed to livestock reproduction.
Gold: 5.00
Apr 26 2011 12:42pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 12:34pm)
First you criticize this point by claiming it's just "what ifs", then you use "what ifs" to back up your side. Also, are you advocating it's okay for pre-elementary age kids (<5 year old children) to be talking about sex as an argument for unisex bathrooms? Seriously? I cannot seriously believe you even would suggest such as a thing. It sounds more like you're okay with introducing kids towards sexual information and behavior, and that's why you're okay with unisex restrooms.

Let's be clear here, I don't take the liberal approach of safety means absolute safety. Steps toward various levels of safety are never 100%. The issue is when doing nothing ends up causing more issues than being pro-active.

I see nothing wrong here. Actual education on sex is better then just abstinence any day.
Gold: 678.00
Apr 26 2011 12:44pm
Quote (njaguar @ 26 Apr 2011 19:34)

In what way is going to the bathroom sexual?
Apr 26 2011 12:44pm
Quote (Aisu_aS @ Apr 26 2011 06:42pm)
I see nothing wrong here. Actual education on sex is better then just abstinence any day.

This.

Telling kids not to have sex and leaving it at that is naive and guarenteed to fail.

This post was edited by Rhamax on Apr 26 2011 12:44pm
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2011 12:45pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Apr 2011 13:36)
I never said I liked the idea that they talked about it but I'm saying it happens already and is clearly not a result of unisex bathrooms so the idea that they might see a penis or vagina is a non-issue.

I'm not using a what if I'm empirically stating that it is the way it is.

you just seem to be threatened by anything you weren't raised with.  Your personal attacks in every post make it abundantly clear.

You are using that position to defend unisex bathrooms. That's like saying "kids threaten each other all the time, so obviously gun/knife laws aren't stopping kids from problems, so let's let them buy them at any age they want". Your anecdote is not only morally reprehensible, but wrong. You are also wrong in that not all kids are raised that way, or exposed to such, so it is no longer empirical. Even so, whether or not a child knows what sex is does not suddenly make them protected from a sex crime, which was the core argument of protection. Don't confuse this with knowing what genitalia or sex is, because that's not what anyone here besides you are saying.

You have no idea what or what I wasn't raised with, but feel free to make assumptions. Note that it doesn't make your argument stronger. I also did not personally attack you in that reply, nor have I in "every post". If you feel threatened, perhaps you should take a look at yourself and what you believe in. Just because you got called out, you don't have to be dramatic. :)
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 26 2011 12:46pm
Quote (hATemOnkEy @ Apr 26 2011 06:36pm)
I don't see why, exactly.

The space used for the seperate bathrooms could be used for one large bathroom. Why would the number of urinals decrease?

Well, there would be women using them. Since women can't use them and make up half the population, the number of urinals would be cut drastically (to make room for normal toilets). My dorm room had unisex bathrooms and there were no urinals. It sucked because people would take shits and then I would have to piss in a smelly stall.
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2011 12:47pm
Quote (Aisu_aS @ 26 Apr 2011 13:42)

Abstinence and sex education are not mutually exclusive. Abstinence means to abstain from, ie, not have, from sex. +1 post though!
Apr 26 2011 12:49pm
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 26 2011 06:47pm)
Abstinence and sex education are not mutually exclusive. Abstinence means to abstain from, ie, not have, from sex. +1 post though!

Which, once again is naive to expect from kids. Go to El Dorado and ask the town how teaching abstinence has worked for their high school. I'll give you a hint: Not so well.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 26 2011 12:50pm
Quote (Rhamax @ Apr 26 2011 06:49pm)
Which, once again is naive to expect from kids. Go to El Dorado and ask the town how teaching abstinence has worked for their high school. I'll give you a hint: Not so well.

How do you teach children abstinence? I believe you misconstruded sex ed with abstinence some how.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1242526272844Next
Closed New Topic New Poll