d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2024
Prev1247248249250251291Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,040.41
Warn: 10%
Aug 19 2024 12:54pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Aug 18 2024 04:40pm)
As I've always known, Tay Tay supporters turn out to be BASED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQAANXQI3-U

Full on MAGA swifties.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! :rofl:

Leave it up to MAGA and Trump himself to fall for fake AI images. IT EVEN SAYS SATIRE! MAYBE the white shirt one is real, and it's likely just some random that has never listened to swift.

I know Swifties... A lot of them. They hate Trump. This is hilarious on so many levels. This shows the desperation and panicking the republicans are doing that they have to lie and create false images, just like Trump "praying" in church and Trump with black people. All A.I.

All 6 fingers :rofl:

LOLLLLLLLL

This post was edited by Pyrotechx on Aug 19 2024 12:59pm
Gold: 20,215.00
Aug 19 2024 01:05pm
Quote (Pyrotechx @ Aug 19 2024 02:54pm)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! :rofl:

Leave it up to MAGA and Trump himself to fall for fake AI images. IT EVEN SAYS SATIRE! MAYBE the white shirt one is real, and it's likely just some random that has never listened to swift.

I know Swifties... A lot of them. They hate Trump. This is hilarious on so many levels.

https://i.imgur.com/2tznPMo.png

I also know Swifties and you're totally right that most are anti-Trump, and most are that way because Taylor Swift said she's anti-Trump because she wants to be on the 'right side of history' (in reality, like most Hollywood, and current cultural stars today, they don't actually have strong or well thought out political beliefs but rather just parrot what is safest and least controversial opinions from a profit-maximization perspective within their product target market aka what is safest with the 18-35 demographic)

I find it incredibly sad that people would base who they vote on what some pop star says. Like lmao, total NPC behavior. On the right you have MAGA folk, with some having pictures of Trump superman, Trump with Jesus, other type of nonsense also deserving to be laughed similarly to the Swifties.
Gold: 10,050.00
Aug 19 2024 01:16pm
Watching the political right fall over themselves trying to attack anti-price gouging plans while trying to maintain the facade of being "for the people" is amazing to witness
Aug 19 2024 01:29pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Aug 19 2024 03:16pm)
Watching the political right fall over themselves trying to attack anti-price gouging plans while trying to maintain the facade of being "for the people" is amazing to witness

You don't understand the words you're using my friend. You know how price gouging would be visible? By an expansion of margins (gross, net, operating, etc) that would be evident in public companies financial reporting on a historical basis. Tyson, Pepsico, Kraft Heinz, are some of the biggest food suppliers in the US. Do us a favor and look at their margins, I'll even give you an easy tool below to do so. So if the margins aren't expanding as prices of food items are going up, it's most likely because input costs such as inventory, labor and other costs are basically keeping up with price increase. All of this is caused by inflation, because of extreme fiscal spending and monetary supply expansion via fed balance sheet. So it's actually not food companies being greedy, but ultimately government actions that drove prices higher. Hope this helps.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/PEP/pepsico/profit-margins
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 19 2024 01:32pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 19 2024 02:05pm)
I also know Swifties and you're totally right that most are anti-Trump, and most are that way because Taylor Swift said she's anti-Trump because she wants to be on the 'right side of history' (in reality, like most Hollywood, and current cultural stars today, they don't actually have strong or well thought out political beliefs but rather just parrot what is safest and least controversial opinions from a profit-maximization perspective within their product target market aka what is safest with the 18-35 demographic)

I find it incredibly sad that people would base who they vote on what some pop star says. Like lmao, total NPC behavior. On the right you have MAGA folk, with some having pictures of Trump superman, Trump with Jesus, other type of nonsense also deserving to be laughed similarly to the Swifties.

Swifties are without question the stupidest people on the planet. i wish it was just who to vote for, but in reality they base their entire life on what taylor swift says and does. the cult of personality she's created imo even outclasses Trump's maga movement, but its close.
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 19 2024 01:47pm
Quote (MildSambal @ 19 Aug 2024 21:16)

Even Kamala's own media allies trash her plan:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/08/16/harris-economy-plan-gimmicks/
Aug 19 2024 01:59pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 19 2024 02:29pm)
You don't understand the words you're using my friend. You know how price gouging would be visible? By an expansion of margins (gross, net, operating, etc) that would be evident in public companies financial reporting on a historical basis. Tyson, Pepsico, Kraft Heinz, are some of the biggest food suppliers in the US. Do us a favor and look at their margins, I'll even give you an easy tool below to do so. So if the margins aren't expanding as prices of food items are going up, it's most likely because input costs such as inventory, labor and other costs are basically keeping up with price increase. All of this is caused by inflation, because of extreme fiscal spending and monetary supply expansion via fed balance sheet. So it's actually not food companies being greedy, but ultimately government actions that drove prices higher. Hope this helps.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/PEP/pepsico/profit-margins

That's a lot of jargon and mental gymnastics

Yes, inflation affects everyone, but in a market economy if a company's costs of inputs go up, shouldn't their profits take a hit? We're not seeing that. We're seeing all the damage go to the consumer's wallet and these companies experiencing INCREDIBLE profits in a highly volatile economy

It doesn't add up

The same thing is happening in the housing rental market
Aug 19 2024 02:06pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Aug 19 2024 03:59pm)
That's a lot of jargon and mental gymnastics

Yes, inflation affects everyone, but in a market economy if a company's costs of inputs go up, shouldn't their profits take a hit? We're not seeing that. We're seeing all the damage go to the consumer's wallet and these companies experiencing INCREDIBLE profits in a highly volatile economy

It doesn't add up

The same thing is happening in the housing rental market

No because they pass on the costs. The farmer who has to pay more for fertilizer and labor passes them on, the transportation companies that sees higher labor and fuel costs pass them on, so does the Tyson who packages these things, so does the grocery store and pretty much the whole value chain does. But the initial causal factor of why energy, labor, other input costs go up are largely due to government actions (shutting down the economy has consequences, printing trillions has consequences).

It adds up, you can simply type in the ticker of these food companies and you'll see their margins are basically in line with what they were 10 years ago, which tells you they aren't more profitable or expanded their profit margins but passing on the costs.
Aug 19 2024 02:12pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 19 2024 03:06pm)
No because they pass on the costs. The farmer who has to pay more for fertilizer and labor passes them on, the transportation companies that sees higher labor and fuel costs pass them on, so does the Tyson who packages these things, so does the grocery store and pretty much the whole value chain does. But the initial causal factor of why energy, labor, other input costs go up are largely due to government actions (shutting down the economy has consequences, printing trillions has consequences).

It adds up, you can simply type in the ticker of these food companies and you'll see their margins are basically in line with what they were 10 years ago, which tells you they aren't more profitable or expanded their profit margins but passing on the costs.

Does giving out PPP loans to businesses that don't need them and abuse them also count as printing money?
Aug 19 2024 02:13pm
How about giving out $2,000 checks and insisting your name be on them. Does that count as printing money?

This post was edited by MildSambal on Aug 19 2024 02:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1247248249250251291Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll