d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1241242243244245443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 27 2018 05:33pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 27 2018 04:28pm)
Ford was full of it. They treated her with kid gloves and she still couldn't get her story straight.

They went after Kav with baseball bats, for what the 4th or 5th time now...and he still stuck to his stories 100%

I will still never understand how the law let's people just make accusations like that with no proof.

/e Prediction: Kav will be seated on the SC, then, to save face, the Dems or that bitch lawyer will try to get Kav through MD law.

My prediction

you will never take a political stance that is not only 100% predictable and expected but one that ever goes against a republican far right narrative
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 27 2018 05:37pm
Quote (IceMage @ Sep 27 2018 05:32pm)
Those guys are savvy politicians. They know that getting close to Trump is more beneficial for their political careers, and they know if they speak out against him too much he won't ever listen to them.

Republicans are real manly men with hairy chests, democrats are sissy women with hairy front holes. Men build bridges between rivals once the fight is done and garner mutual respect, women hold grudges and descend into infighting and factions
The same republicans that were trying to rip each others throats out are now in lockstep behind Trump, yet democrats still rip open those scars of Clintonista vs Bernie bro up and down the party
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 27 2018 05:41pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 27 2018 06:31pm)
Kavanaugh couldn't stay neutral and nonpolitical. That would have been a trap. In his first hearing, he sat there completely dispassionate like he's from the neutral planet and came off as a robot. If he had done that today and waffled about accusations against him with no pushback, no calling out the democrats- he would have come off as disingenuous and unbelievable. As I said a hundred pages ago, remember Dukakis getting asked about what he'd do if his wife was raped and murdered and holding no strong feelings. Kavanaugh walked his line between victimhood, righteous indignation and emotional breakdown instead. It was a total role reversal from his first hearing, and without that he would be toast. It was absolutely necessary for him to be political and push back. You can't simultaneously deliver a charged emotional message from the heart about being persecuted and also stay aloof from partisan rancor and refuse to get your hands dirty. Its mutually exclusive.

I think Kavanaugh went over the line in some instances. Bringing up Trump's election and the Clintons was too much. Verbally sparring with Klobuchar about blacking out was too much. But you're basically right... he had to put on a convincing performance to save his nomination... and he did that.

Gold: 2,620.00
Sep 27 2018 05:43pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Sep 2018 18:31)
Kavanaugh couldn't stay neutral and nonpolitical. That would have been a trap. In his first hearing, he sat there completely dispassionate like he's from the neutral planet and came off as a robot. If he had done that today and waffled about accusations against him with no pushback, no calling out the democrats- he would have come off as disingenuous and unbelievable. As I said a hundred pages ago, remember Dukakis getting asked about what he'd do if his wife was raped and murdered and holding no strong feelings. Kavanaugh walked his line between victimhood, righteous indignation and emotional breakdown instead. It was a total role reversal from his first hearing, and without that he would be toast. It was absolutely necessary for him to be political and push back. You can't simultaneously deliver a charged emotional message from the heart about being persecuted and also stay aloof from partisan rancor and refuse to get your hands dirty. Its mutually exclusive.

I just don't think that's true. Kavanaugh could have been just as convincing and impactful in his emotionally riveting denial of the allegations without invoking Clinton conspiracy.

We all knew he was a GOP firebrand...but any illusion of being above the political fray is gone after today.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 27 2018 05:44pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 27 2018 06:37pm)
Republicans are real manly men with hairy chests, democrats are sissy women with hairy front holes. Men build bridges between rivals once the fight is done and garner mutual respect, women hold grudges and descend into infighting and factions
The same republicans that were trying to rip each others throats out are now in lockstep behind Trump, yet democrats still rip open those scars of Clintonista vs Bernie bro up and down the party

Lol. Channeling your inner Widowmaker.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 27 2018 05:45pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 27 Sep 2018 19:43)
I just don't think that's true. Kavanaugh could have been just as convincing and impactful in his emotionally riveting denial of the allegations without invoking Clinton conspiracy.

We all knew he was a GOP firebrand...but any illusion of being above the political fray is gone after today.

long as he above the political fray as a judge does him responding a political salvo against him in a political matter torpedo his ability?
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 27 2018 05:45pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 28 Sep 2018 01:37)

I dont disagree with this, but when it comes to Cruz Graham Rubio et al, this does not apply. They all got cucked into submission by Trump at this point, and their policy differences with each other were exaggerated on the campaign trail anyway.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 27 2018 05:46pm
I think we learned nothing we just added personalities to what we already knew

don't think much changed at all but I personally like Kav less coming out of it as a guy and possibly as a judge

other than liking him less pretty much nothing changed for me as far as the circus and the case go
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 27 2018 05:49pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 28 Sep 2018 01:46)
I think we learned nothing we just added personalities to what we already knew

don't think much changed at all but I personally like Kav less coming out of it as a guy and possibly as a judge

other than liking him less pretty much nothing changed for me as far as the circus and the case go

My big takeaway from today is that Kav will probably get confirmed, and that he most likely was having bad drinking habits in HS/college which he lied about.
On the Ford accusations, we didnt learn anything new.
Gold: 5.77
Sep 27 2018 05:50pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 27 2018 04:37pm)

Kavanaugh isn't a Republican then?
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 27 2018 04:43pm)

He was Ken Star's little bitch during the Clinton impeachment.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1241242243244245443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll