d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Covid Fake?
Prev1232425262779Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Oct 1 2021 05:41pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 1 2021 04:31pm)
He literally said anything that contradicts his view will be disregarded. That is not rational and shows an explicit insincerity. So what are you on about? It's almost like you didn't even read the conversation and decided I was the bad guy because I trigger you so hard.

Why is it insincerity to reject things that contradict one's view though? I am not saying that it's good to reject things outright. I am just wondering why you think that that equates insincerity.

Can you give me an example of something in politics that doesn't rely on science at all?

We might be talking about different things. When I say science, I mean things that have to do with science explicitly. I don't mean that policies do not rely on the scientific method.

Why wouldn't I worry about your ability to contribute? We're in a discussion. I have to tailor my responses to my audience. When my audience is a moron, I have to take that into account. So when we talk I don't use the same level of argument I might against snipa or thundercock, because you're just not as capable as they are.

If your goal were truly to tailor your responses to your audience, you could have accomplished that quietly, without announcing it publicly. There was no need for you to proclaim either to me or the whole board how you think I am supposedly stupid. The fact you felt the need to publicize such a mental process that normally only takes place between your ears, it tells me that you are simply trying to pass judgment, or to insult me. Probably a combination of both.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 1 2021 05:44pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 1 2021 06:41pm)
Why is it insincerity to reject things that contradict one's view though? I am not saying that it's good to reject things outright. I am just wondering why you think that that equates insincerity.
We might be talking about different things. When I say science, I mean things that have to do with science explicitly. I don't mean that policies do not rely on the scientific method.
If your goal were truly to tailor your responses to your audience, you could have accomplished that quietly, without announcing it publicly. There was no need for you to proclaim either to me or the whole board how you think I am supposedly stupid. The fact you felt the need to publicize such a mental process that normally only takes place between your ears, it tells me that you are simply trying to pass judgment, or to insult me. Probably a combination of both.

If somebody outright states they will reject anything that challenges their view then they are not looking to discuss or debate. They are looking to lecture. It's really that simple.

If that's the case you should understand why it's dumb to say something is "90% politics 10% science". What policy to implement depends on the science, and what science is studied depends on the politics. These things fundamentally cannot be separated, and that's never more clear than when you are talking about public health where evidence and the scientific method dictate a major portion of the conversation.

I figured I'd give you good advice. If you really don't think you are that smart or scientifically literate than somebody who is much smarter than you and scientifically literate telling you something is dumb you should probably stop saying it or at least ask why it's dumb.
Gold: 0.69
Oct 1 2021 05:54pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Oct 1 2021 04:17pm)

wikipedia are shills
so dont be a wikipedia chump

Astroturf and manipulation of media messages | Sharyl Attkisson | TEDxUniversityofNevada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

any body please watch its just 10 min
Oct 1 2021 05:56pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 1 2021 04:44pm)
If somebody outright states they will reject anything that challenges their view then they are not looking to discuss or debate. They are looking to lecture. It's really that simple.

Maybe you should stop being so judgmental, and still try and listen to what he has to say. Just because you think he is "looking to lecture", it doesn't mean he is. It could just be your old disease flaring up. Your judgmental-ness is acting up again.

If that's the case you should understand why it's dumb to say something is "90% politics 10% science". What policy to implement depends on the science, and what science is studied depends on the politics. These things fundamentally cannot be separated, and that's never more clear than when you are talking about public health where evidence and the scientific method dictate a major portion of the conversation.

Then you need to prove that these things fundamentally cannot be separated.

I figured I'd give you good advice. If you really don't think you are that smart or scientifically literate than somebody who is much smarter than you and scientifically literate telling you something is dumb you should probably stop saying it or at least ask why it's dumb.

I agree that scientifically, you probably know a bit more than I do. But what makes you think you are smarter than me? I mean I am not saying that I am smart or anything like that, I realize that the world is full of people who are smart, and who are possibly smarter than I am. But I just wonder what criteria you use to arrive at the conclusion that you are smarter than me. So far, your mind seems to work this way: "someone doesn't have a background in science like I do, and she says things I disagree with. Therefore, she's dumb".

Also, if I think I am smarter than you are, and in fact I do think that, will you ask yourself why you are being dumb, when I tell you that you are dumb?

And my question remains unanswered. Namely, why did you feel the need to publicize that you are tailoring your responses to supposedly "suit my level"? Isn't this normally a mental process that's well hidden from view? Why did you feel the need to proclaim it out loud?
Gold: 2.77
Oct 1 2021 05:56pm
wont someone pwease just do a watchy of a my wootubes pweeeaaase watchie my bitchoot 😭
Oct 1 2021 06:00pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 1 2021 06:56pm)
Maybe you should stop being so judgmental, and still try and listen to what he has to say. Just because you think he is "looking to lecture", it doesn't mean he is. It could just be your old disease flaring up. Your judgmental-ness is acting up again.

Then you need to prove that these things fundamentally cannot be separated.

I agree that scientifically, you probably know a bit more than I do. But what makes you think you are smarter than me? I mean I am not saying that I am smart or anything like that, I realize that the world is full of people who are smart, and who are possibly smarter than I am. But I just wonder what criteria you use to arrive at the conclusion that you are smarter than me. So far, your mind seems to work this way: "someone doesn't have a background in science like I do, and she says things I disagree with. Therefore, she's dumb".

Also, if I think I am smarter than you are, and in fact I do think that, will you ask yourself why you are being dumb, when I tell you that you are dumb?

And my question remains unanswered. Namely, why did you feel the need to publicize that you are tailoring your responses to supposedly "suit my level"? Isn't this normally a mental process that's well hidden from view? Why did you feel the need to proclaim it out loud?

I did listen to what he had to say, and he was open and proud about not approaching the conversation in good faith. Again, he said he would outright not listen to anything that contradicted his opinion. Is this really hard to understand?

You literally just proved it for me by not being able to list a single policy that doesn't rely on science.

I know I'm smarter than you because you've shown a fundamental inability to use basic logical reasoning. Like, even the most basic arguments go flying over your head and you don't even realize. That's how I know I'm smarter than you. It has nothing to do with my qualifications and everything to do with the content of your posts being far far below average.

I said it out loud because you are oblivious to the fact that you are far below average in both intelligence and capability. You aren't able to grasp even simple arguments when they are spelled out multiple times.
Oct 1 2021 06:26pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 1 2021 05:00pm)
I did listen to what he had to say, and he was open and proud about not approaching the conversation in good faith. Again, he said he would outright not listen to anything that contradicted his opinion. Is this really hard to understand?

So why did you keep talking to him then? If you truly thought he was arguing in bad faith.

You literally just proved it for me by not being able to list a single policy that doesn't rely on science.

You literally havent proven that science and politics cannot be separated. Until you do that, I won't list anything.

I know I'm smarter than you because you've shown a fundamental inability to use basic logical reasoning. Like, even the most basic arguments go flying over your head and you don't even realize. That's how I know I'm smarter than you. It has nothing to do with my qualifications and everything to do with the content of your posts being far far below average.

I said it out loud because you are oblivious to the fact that you are far below average in both intelligence and capability. You aren't able to grasp even simple arguments when they are spelled out multiple times.

I am finding this incredibly funny. Not only do you have an over-inflated sense of yourself, you are literally dishonest enough to believe that in all those debates where I utterly annihilated you, you actually came out on top. I don't take anything you have to say about me seriously. Cause you are the stupid one. I am smarter than you. You are very very far beneath me. This is born out by the many exchanges between us where you literally left whimpering.

And FYI, not accepting your pathetic arguments is not the same as me not being able to grasp simple arguments. It seems to me this is how your brain works: "I say something. She doesn't agree with me, so I say it again. She still contradicts. Now I am frustrated and I repeat my nonsense many more times. She still does not agree. OMG! She fails to grasp simple arguments". Your whole criterion for whether someone is smart seems to hinge on whether someone agrees with your pathetic stances. If this is the case, then maybe I don't want to be considered smart by you.
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Oct 1 2021 06:29pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Oct 1 2021 07:00pm)

i never said this, please dont put false words in my mouth.
Oct 1 2021 06:57pm
Quote (sirthom @ Oct 1 2021 07:29pm)
i never said this, please dont put false words in my mouth.

You very clearly did

"anything said from a pro modern academic or pro modern political paradigm will be understood to come from a compromised position"
Oct 1 2021 06:58pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Oct 1 2021 07:26pm)
So why did you keep talking to him then? If you truly thought he was arguing in bad faith.

You literally havent proven that science and politics cannot be separated. Until you do that, I won't list anything.

I am finding this incredibly funny. Not only do you have an over-inflated sense of yourself, you are literally dishonest enough to believe that in all those debates where I utterly annihilated you, you actually came out on top. I don't take anything you have to say about me seriously. Cause you are the stupid one. I am smarter than you. You are very very far beneath me. This is born out by the many exchanges between us where you literally left whimpering.

And FYI, not accepting your pathetic arguments is not the same as me not being able to grasp simple arguments. It seems to me this is how your brain works: "I say something. She doesn't agree with me, so I say it again. She still contradicts. Now I am frustrated and I repeat my nonsense many more times. She still does not agree. OMG! She fails to grasp simple arguments". Your whole criterion for whether someone is smart seems to hinge on whether someone agrees with your pathetic stances. If this is the case, then maybe I don't want to be considered smart by you.

I didn't keep talking to him lol. I asked him why he thinks I should engage and then he stopped responding until just now.

So you can't give me a single example, and are claiming victory. Yep, you're just a pidgeon shitting on the board and declaring victory.

The funny thing is you're so incompetent you can't even recognize how badly you've lost. Like, these exchanges haven't even been close. You can't follow even very simple points from literally any poster here.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1232425262779Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll