d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Iran Boogaloo
Prev1232425262783Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 5 2020 11:29am
Quote (fender @ Jan 5 2020 09:23am)
who? dick cheney? george bush? i think they all got away too easy, should have been droned - at least according to american logic...

these homers only care about their fast internet connection. Seems like they haven't seen outside of the US.. Maybe not even their basement. How else can they quote Fox and make themselves feel better.
Gold: 222.37
Jan 5 2020 11:31am
Quote (fender @ Jan 5 2020 08:48am)
there's a big flaw in your "logic" though: hillary would not have just unilaterally canceled the iran deal - especially not without trying to negotiate 'something better' (like trump promised, well aware that there was no chance of that happening - but he didn't even give it a token try)...
she also would not have undertaken completely unnecessary and counter-productive (at least if your actual goal is a diplomatic and peaceful solution) steps exclusively designed to provoke and corner iran and escalate tensions.

i would agree that MSM generally tends to rally behind military action (it's simply ratings gold), and usually characterises it as "strong and decisive leadership" - but this assassination was so egregiously thought- and lawless, that i severely doubt there wouldn't at least have been some critical voices - and again, this hypothetical already assumes some conditions that would have been incredibly unlikely under halfway competent leadership...

Iran escalated the conflict in Iraq, and the perception was that Trump was unwilling to confront Iranian aggression. Killing Soleimani establishes a consequence for escalation.

It's too soon to judge whether the killing was good or bad, but there is an obvious logic to it. If you don't understand the why, you need to do more reading and less posting on a Diablo II video game forum.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Jan 5 2020 11:32am
Jan 5 2020 11:34am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 5 2020 09:31am)
Iran escalated the conflict in Iraq, and the perception was that Trump was unwilling to confront Iranian aggression. Killing Soleimani establishes a consequence for escalation.

It's too soon to judge whether the killing was good or bad, but there is an obvious logic to it. If you don't understand the why, you need to do more reading and less posting on a Diablo II video game forum.

the irony of this is astounding.. LMAO
Gold: 83.00
Jan 5 2020 11:39am
Quote (fender @ Jan 5 2020 06:21pm)
i did NOT change words in your quote, that's an outright lie. i was paraphrasing you according to how i understood your post - based on which part you highlighted, and the fact that with your little 'correction', you don't even have an argument to begin with. again, it is so obvious that you simply can't admit i valid arguments to refute blackx' shitty hypothetical, that's why you're so desperate to muddy the waters and make this all about semantics now...

Alright you are right.

I wasn't aware that you would interpret that me saying educated guess actually meant the complete opposite. You win.
Gold: 222.37
Jan 5 2020 11:41am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jan 5 2020 12:34pm)
the irony of this is astounding.. LMAO

You provide zero value to this thread. Please leave.
Gold: 5.77
Jan 5 2020 11:46am
By the same standard applied to Soleimani, Trump and Pompeo are terrorists. Targeting Iranian troops? Check. Bombing civilians? Check. Planning imminent attacks on another nations’ military and civilians? Check.

100% of what Trump and Pompeo accused Soleimani of they are involved in themselves. Even down to the religious motivation for attacks on innocent civilians.

The United States is the largest sponsor of state terrorism in the world, as well as the largest terrorist state in the world. The body count is incomparable.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Jan 5 2020 11:47am
Gold: 83.00
Jan 5 2020 11:57am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jan 5 2020 06:46pm)
By the same standard applied to Soleimani, Trump and Pompeo are terrorists. Targeting Iranian troops? Check. Bombing civilians? Check. Planning imminent attacks on another nations’ military and civilians? Check.

100% of what Trump and Pompeo accused Soleimani of they are involved in themselves. Even down to the religious motivation for attacks on innocent civilians.

The United States is the largest sponsor of state terrorism in the world, as well as the largest terrorist state in the world. The body count is incomparable.

Based on your logic Obama had no right to kill Osama. Since he is a terrorist as well....according to you.
Gold: 5.77
Jan 5 2020 11:59am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jan 5 2020 09:57am)
Based on your logic Obama had no right to kill Osama. Since he is a terrorist as well....according to you.

Fuck warmonger Obama. And fuck your lowbrow “but muh Obummer” attempt you intellectual gnat.
Jan 5 2020 12:04pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jan 5 2020 09:41am)
You provide zero value to this thread. Please leave.

damn you are a pro at irony.

You probably have NO idea what i'm implying do you?
I know that Iran escalated this thats a fact.
Do you know why? or are you a merika fuk ya peep?
You can't break somebody's economy, fuck with their sovereignty, align with their enemies etc. and not expect some bs.
I'm not saying its right stop acting like the US is completely innocent and "THEY" escalate. Hmm arming other countries to attack them etc.
figure it out.. Its country building for oil. nothing new here.

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Jan 5 2020 12:12pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 5 2020 12:30pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 5 Jan 2020 18:39)
Alright you are right.

I wasn't aware that you would interpret that me saying educated guess actually meant the complete opposite. You win.

fair enough, i take you at your word that you meant it - so we agree, and you didn't have a point to begin with (apart from stating the obvious about hypotheticals being hypothetical, even when they are based on a well documented political record and concrete statements concerning specific topics).

Quote (bogie160 @ 5 Jan 2020 18:31)

the 'unwilling to confront iran' talking point is complete BS. washington warmongers and propaganda outlets trying to rationalise the assassination might be pushing that, but it simply doesn't hold up to the FACTS: unilaterally canceling the nuclear deal, imposing additional crippling sanctions, designating the republican guard a terrorist organisation, indiscriminately bombing and assassinating iran-friendly organisations and individuals, blaming them for the tanker incident without any evidence... the list of this administration's actions to confront and provoke iran is long and extensive - only completely ignorant fools would uncritically accept the idiotic narrative that trump was being soft on them... which kind of explains why so many right wingers seem to go with it...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1232425262783Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll