d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev1222324252672Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2019 09:12pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Jul 2019 02:18)
instead of weapons and cans of spray and escalating behavior record it

everyone has a recording device these days and everyone is using it and yet the videos continually come out where antifa are in the wrong

nobody has any interest in a group of masked people trying to clam self defense when it obviously isn't

Ok beo. I just showed u a video of a guy coming in and starting a brawl by grabbing an antifa dude round the throat and old fash grabbing someone from behind but you're so deperate to prove antifa being the aggressors here that you will do fucking mental backflips like 'mayeb the old guy who was armed and part of a group who's stated intent is to start fights with antifa was trying to de-escalate the situation' so honestly man idk what else I can say. Yes the videos that get popularised fit the popular narrative. Colour me fucking surprised. Being right wing on thwe internet is fucking popular. So their shit gets out there easier. Even the most prolific lefty tubers have half the subs of people like molyneux and crowder. People are still hot on the anti-SJW shit. They love those cringe compilations and antifa are thugs vids.

But what's popular isn't necessarily what is an accurate representation of the situation.

You'll come around eventually. Nobody can twist their brain round in knots forever.

The next time you see one of these videos look it up. Do some research. You'll likely find that 'antifa attacks innocent bystander' is basically never the story.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 2 2019 09:19pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 08:12pm)
Ok beo. I just showed u a video of a guy coming in and starting a brawl by grabbing an antifa dude round the throat and old fash grabbing someone from behind but you're so deperate to prove antifa being the aggressors here that you will do fucking mental backflips like 'mayeb the old guy who was armed and part of a group who's stated intent is to start fights with antifa was trying to de-escalate the situation' so honestly man idk what else I can say. Yes the videos that get popularised fit the popular narrative. Colour me fucking surprised. Being right wing on thwe internet is fucking popular. So their shit gets out there easier. Even the most prolific lefty tubers have half the subs of people like molyneux and crowder. People are still hot on the anti-SJW shit. They love those cringe compilations and antifa are thugs vids.

But what's popular isn't necessarily what is an accurate representation of the situation.

You'll come around eventually. Nobody can twist their brain round in knots forever.

The next time you see one of these videos look it up. Do some research. You'll likely find that 'antifa attacks innocent bystander' is basically never the story.

not desperate to prove anything

you showed a video and said at :16 the guy that got assaulted grabbed a guy

what you didn't say is at :13 that guy's group already had another person on the ground assaulting that person then turned on the other guy

and somehow you went with self defense

these people show up covered ready to surround people and attack them in the name of "fash" fighting

take the masks off, stop surrounding people throwing shit spraying shit etc and it's not as easy to "push fash propaganda"
Jul 2 2019 09:22pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Jul 2019 03:19)
not desperate to prove anything

you showed a video and said at :16 the guy that got assaulted grabbed a guy

what you didn't say is at :13 that guy's group already had another person on the ground assaulting that person then turned on the other guy

and somehow you went with self defense

these people show up covered ready to surround people and attack them in the name of "fash" fighting

take the masks off, stop surrounding people throwing shit spraying shit etc and it's not as easy to "push fash propaganda"

And in the video shwoing the start of the scuffle a guy is clearly seen grabbing an antifa dude round the throat from behind while antifa are standing around.

This is beyond a fucking joke at this point.
Jul 2 2019 09:25pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 08:22pm)
And in the video shwoing the start of the scuffle a guy is clearly seen grabbing an antifa dude round the throat from behind while antifa are standing around.

This is beyond a fucking joke at this point.

Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 09:05am)
I couldn't tell you. It's not the guy that grabbed the kid to start. He's wearing a different shirt. Someone else who joined the fray.

Or if you want to believe the fash it's probably a 93 yr old pregnant world war 2 vet who was just out buying medicine for his sick grandmother when he got called a fascist for wearing a purple hat and jumped by a group of armed, masked thugs.

and neither of the people beaten were that guy

so...
Jul 2 2019 09:37pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Jul 2019 03:25)
and neither of the people beaten were that guy

so...

Well u have 2 sides in the fight. The earliest record of this particular scuffle is of either a proud boy, or more likely as the other guys are ID's as them, a patriot prayer guy assaulting an antifa member. The fight is initiated by the side of the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer.
Why are you eager to say that the antifa guy styahnding nearby deserved to be grabbed from behind by oldfash but the guy getting hit on the floor doesn't deserve to be where he is. You don't know what he did. I don't either. But there are 2 sides in the fight and it's pretty clear it wasn't antifa who initiated physical violence. So maybe the guy punching the dude on the floor was 'trying to deescalate'. This is your logic.

It's the uniformity right? The black bloc. Antifa have masks and are mostly dressed in black but the other dudes are plain clothed - so it's easy for you to say all the antifa guys there are responsible for what eachother are doing but the other guys who aren't wearing a coherent colour scheme are all individuals who don't have any responsibility for eachother.
Jul 2 2019 10:03pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 08:37pm)
Well u have 2 sides in the fight. The earliest record of this particular scuffle is of either a proud boy, or more likely as the other guys are ID's as them, a patriot prayer guy assaulting an antifa member. The fight is initiated by the side of the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer.
Why are you eager to say that the antifa guy styahnding nearby deserved to be grabbed from behind by oldfash but the guy getting hit on the floor doesn't deserve to be where he is. You don't know what he did. I don't either. But there are 2 sides in the fight and it's pretty clear it wasn't antifa who initiated physical violence. So maybe the guy punching the dude on the floor was 'trying to deescalate'. This is your logic.

It's the uniformity right? The black bloc. Antifa have masks and are mostly dressed in black but the other dudes are plain clothed - so it's easy for you to say all the antifa guys there are responsible for what eachother are doing but the other guys who aren't wearing a coherent colour scheme are all individuals who don't have any responsibility for eachother.

what you're doing here will never work on people other than those that are extreme on the left

people outside of the extremes are going to see it how I see it

as long as they wear the masks as long as they surround people and excuse people being stomped and smacked and hit everyone to the right of the extreme left will see them as the problem

as the instigators as the exaggerators as the violators of civility

as this goes on these kids are more likely to get hurt, more people will find it acceptable to fuck them up which means police will get excused for fucking them up as will groups that oppose them and that's not a good spot to be in for a bunch of spoiled kids playing nazi fighters in masks

you won't win in public opinion and you won't win in fights when people start actually fighting back you won't win when the cops get unleashed

and you won't go down as -fash fighters- you'll go down as domestic terrorists
Gold: 8,876.90
Jul 2 2019 10:21pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 2 2019 10:03pm)
what you're doing here will never work on people other than those that are extreme on the left

as long as they wear the masks as long as they surround people and excuse people being stomped and smacked and hit everyone to the right of the extreme left will see them as the problem

as this goes on these kids are more likely to get hurt, more people will find it acceptable to fuck them up which means police will get excused for fucking them up as will groups that oppose them and that's not a good spot to be in for a bunch of spoiled kids playing nazi fighters in masks

you won't win in public opinion and you won't win in fights when people start actually fighting back you won't win when the cops get unleashed

Wholeheartedly agree. You've got other means to fight those ideas you deem incorrect - and none require violence. The freedom we enjoy today.. some just don't appreciate it...
Jul 2 2019 10:31pm
Quote (WiziLiCe @ 3 Jul 2019 04:21)
Wholeheartedly agree. You've got other means to fight those ideas you deem incorrect - and none require violence. The freedom we enjoy today.. some just don't appreciate it...

The freedom you enjoy today exists precisely because people used violence against nazis.

Quote (Beowulf @ 3 Jul 2019 04:03)

I agree. The right is bigger and has a better media presence and is openly funded by billionaires like the Kochs.
Antifa members should try to de-escalate any situation.
But that doesn't mean that your perspective is right.

It's honestly a testament to the fucking stupidity of the general public that they can look at these two groups - one has the stated purpose of starting fights with antifa and the other is antifa and say that antifa are 'domestic terrorists'.
But you're right. Antifa has a lot of support but in the popular discourse they're the ones being maligned. Because people are ignorant about what they do... and resistant to being informed.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 2 2019 10:34pm
Quote (WiziLiCe @ Jul 2 2019 10:21pm)

Personally I think some people deserve a punch to the jaw just for holding certain ideas. Hard part is finding the people who hold them because they usually wont admit it because of how wildly unpopular the idea is.
Gold: 8,876.90
Jul 2 2019 11:11pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 10:31pm)
The freedom you enjoy today exists precisely because people used violence against nazis.

Undeniably, but that's precisely the point. We no longer need to go to that extent to protect our freedom. We are lucky to live in a more civilized society (or so I would like to believe).

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 2 2019 10:34pm)
Personally I think some people deserve a punch to the jaw just for holding certain ideas. Hard part is finding the people who hold them because they usually wont admit it because of how wildly unpopular the idea is.

Some people deserve a punch in the jaw, ofc. Should you or I endorse such actions? ofc not. We are not animals.

This post was edited by WiziLiCe on Jul 2 2019 11:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1222324252672Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll