d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Middle East Topic
Prev1222324252630Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 26 2018 12:59am

Saudi Arabia suspends oil exports through Red Sea lane after Houthi attack

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-yemen-security/saudi-arabia-suspends-oil-exports-through-red-sea-lane-after-houthi-attack-idUSKBN1KF0XN

DUBAI (Reuters) - Top oil exporter Saudi Arabia said on Thursday it was “temporarily halting” all oil shipments through the strategic Red Sea shipping lane of Bab al-Mandeb after an attack on two big oil tankers by Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi movement.

Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih said in a statement sent by his ministry that the Houthis had attacked two Saudi Very Large Crude Carriers (VLCCs) in the Red Sea on Wednesday morning, one of which sustained minimal damage.

“Saudi Arabia is temporarily halting all oil shipments through Bab al-Mandeb Strait immediately until the situation becomes clearer and the maritime transit through Bab al-Mandeb is safe,” the statement said.

I guess Iran vs US Navy in the strait, starts like this. :/
Jul 26 2018 04:13pm

Iran's special forces chief warns Trump: "If you begin the war, we will end it" - Tasnim

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-usa-soleimani/irans-special-forces-chief-warns-trump-if-you-begin-the-war-we-will-end-it-tasnim-idUSKBN1KG106

The comments by Major-General Qassem Soleimani, who heads the Quds Force of the Guards, were the latest salvo in a war of words between the two countries.

“As a soldier, it is my duty to respond to your threats ... If you wants to use the language of threat ... talk to me, not to the president (Hassan Rouhani). It is not in our president’s dignity to respond to you,” Soleimani was quoted as saying by Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency.

Soleimani’s message was in essence a warning to the United states to stop threatening Iran with war or risk exposing itself to an Iranian response.

“We are near you, where you can’t even imagine... Come. We are ready ... If you begin the war, we will end the war,” Tasnim news agency quoted Soleimani as saying. “You know that this war will destroy all that you possess.”

Israel’s Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz said the fiery rhetoric of Soleimani was only “empty talk” because Iran was aware of “the strength and might of the U.S. military”.

I guess everyone doesn't agree on things, in Iran. :)

Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 26 2018 04:26pm
The u.s clown exposed;

In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 29, 2011

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 9, 2012

I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 16, 2013

Which idiot would support recents Trump tweets now?

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jul 26 2018 04:28pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2018 04:48pm
did read an article the other day saying a syrian plane was shot down after going a mile into Israel
Jul 29 2018 12:03am

Muslim survivors of Indian massacre shaken by citizenship test

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-politics-religion/muslim-survivors-of-indian-massacre-shaken-by-citizenship-test-idUSKBN1KJ01L

With an eye on the 2019 national election, the BJP’s Hindu-first campaign has become more strident, critics say, playing to its core base with divisive programs such as the citizenship test in Assam, already a tinderbox of ethnic and religious tensions.

Elsewhere in the country’s northern heartland, lynchings of Muslim cattle traders have risen under Modi in the country where many Hindus consider cows sacred, further deepening social divides.

The BJP has denied the lynchings have any connection with it being in power. Modi has at least twice publicly spoken out against cow vigilantes.

I don't think it's about religion. I think it's about people that don't want just anyone walking in and claiming citizen rights, voter rights etc.
I really wonder why this seems to be a thing with so many muslims in so many places around the world. It's almost like someone is encouraging them to do it. Invasion indeed.
Gold: 21.93
Jul 29 2018 04:14am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 29 2018 05:03pm)
Muslim survivors of Indian massacre shaken by citizenship test

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-india-politics-religion/muslim-survivors-of-indian-massacre-shaken-by-citizenship-test-idUSKBN1KJ01L

I don't think it's about religion. I think it's about people that don't want just anyone walking in and claiming citizen rights, voter rights etc.
I really wonder why this seems to be a thing with so many muslims in so many places around the world. It's almost like someone is encouraging them to do it. Invasion indeed.

Uh buddy..
Muslims have been in india since the 7th century and there is 140 million indian muslims.
A thousand years ago there was already muslims in india..

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jul 29 2018 04:15am
Jul 29 2018 04:45am
Quote (Ghot @ 29 Jul 2018 07:03)

Quote (Plaguefear @ 29 Jul 2018 11:14)
Uh buddy..
Muslims have been in india since the 7th century

ROFL

Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 29 2018 05:12am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 29 Jul 2018 12:14)
Uh buddy..
Muslims have been in india since the 7th century and there is 140 million indian muslims.
A thousand years ago there was already muslims in india..

was about to say.

but despite ghot's obvious failure, india is yet another piece of evidence for the impossibility of muslims to peacefully coexist with other religions/cultures inside the same country. as you said: muslims and hindus have been living together on the territory of what today is india for centuries, and yet there is still no sense of unity, there is still no successful model for getting along with each other, the situation is nonetheless getting worse from year to year.

all over the world, there are only three options for living with muslims:

1: a marked muslim majority, sharia rule, minorities, women and LGBTQ* folks are oppressed.
2.: a small muslim minority which has no societal power and does its own thing without causing a lot of trouble.
3: an either large or politically powerful muslim minority, lots of trouble, lots of friction, eventually leading to either scenario 1 or 2. calm/peace is all but impossible in this scenario.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 29 2018 05:13am
Jul 29 2018 06:11am
Look like indians hindus massacred some mulsims on a sample of 172 millions/1.3 billions , then "peace is impossible"
Not to mention we are still in the same living conditions than 1000 years ago, and that situation (religiously, culturally, economically) is the same than india anywhere on the planet.

I dont like islam either anyway, but im still blaming this kind of quick & easy thinking
Gold: 90.58
Jul 29 2018 06:27am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jul 29 2018 04:11am)
Look like indians hindus massacred some mulsims on a sample of 172 millions/1.3 billions , then "peace is impossible"
Not to mention we are still in the same living conditions than 1000 years ago, and that situation (religiously, culturally, economically) is the same than india anywhere on the planet.

I dont like islam either anyway, but im still blaming this kind of quick & easy thinking

> i don't like islam

> defends islam

pick one

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jul 29 2018 06:27am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1222324252630Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll