d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Views On Helping The Poor
Prev1222324252629Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 10 2015 04:34pm
More excuses in the past 75 posts since i last checked this thread. I've heard the following:

- Working minimum wage is just enough to get by.

uh yeah that's kinda the point. if you could live comfortably on minimum wage then why would anyone do anything other than that? minimum wage does not mean comfortable living wage.

- $175/month in food for 1 person isnt enough to eat anything other than ramen

Bullshit. that's about $6 a day. The easy answer is ramen, which is about 20 cents. There's one meal. So now you have $5.50 left. A bag of frozen veggies is about $1.29, a loaf of bread is $1.99 tops. Box of pasta is $1 at any grocery store. Tomato sauce is about 49 cents a can if that. Chicken thighs are like 1.29 a pound on special at Giant today. Tuna is cheap as well. Plenty of decent options to eat for well under $6 a day. Shit you could eat a whole loaf of bread, an entire box of pasta in a day for $3. Half your budget. Get creative.

- Minimum wage should be raised

I'm torn on this, but typically I disagree. Jobs are more important than wages in most cases. Raise minimum wage and that makes small business's budgets even tighter and they close up shop. Then you have no choice but to work for big corporations which like to hide their money.

- Technology is taking over jobs

Did you ever play diablo 2? Charsi had a great job as a blacksmith in the 1800s, doesnt exist anymore. People are still getting by. When new technology emerges, go work in that field! Use your head! I hate when people think they only have 1 skill, so when they cant work in that field, they call it quits. Fuck that. My uncle was a machine worker, he blew out his back. Now he sits and helps with supply chain management for a similar company doing a totally different job.

Okay so i hope that helps your lame excuses for why you cant work and be successful
Gold: 0.76
Apr 10 2015 05:48pm
Quote (IceMage @ 10 Apr 2015 09:59)
For a small, one time fee, I can teach you how to quote correctly.

Having a hard time telling my text from the quoted? I thought it was well separated...maybe I'll use a color?

that's kind of fun any way.

I think I may have found the underlying reason for his economic hysteria

Did you ever play diablo 2? Charsi had a great job as a blacksmith in the 1800s, doesnt exist anymore. People are still getting by.
Okay so i hope that helps your lame excuses for why you cant work and be successful[/QUOTE]

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Apr 10 2015 05:50pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 10 2015 05:55pm
I can figure out what you're saying, just like I can look at a 2nd grader's letter and figure out what they mean.

However, it's a bitch any time someone has to quote your posts. I'd accept the retardation from a random... but you've been here long enough to know.
Gold: 0.76
Apr 10 2015 06:58pm
Quote (IceMage @ 10 Apr 2015 18:55)
I can figure out what you're saying, just like I can look at a 2nd grader's letter and figure out what they mean.

However, it's a bitch any time someone has to quote your posts. I'd accept the retardation from a random... but you've been here long enough to know.

Blame Cam, I have to answer his piece by piece and he doesn't make short posts..

What can I do to make it easier for you, I really do want to help you?

Trust me my intent is genuine, I'd like for this forum to be a good place to discus ideas and opinions I've talked with a few people and I'm going to try my hardest to not lose my cool and not call names or commit character assignation. I may disagree but I'll try not to be offensive, save for the occasional rando fool ofc. B)
Apr 10 2015 06:59pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Apr 10 2015 07:58pm)
Blame Cam, I have to answer his piece by piece and he doesn't make short posts..

What can I do to make it easier for you, I really do want to help you?

Trust me my intent is genuine, I'd like for this forum to be a good place to discus ideas and opinions I've talked with a few people and I'm going to try my hardest to not lose my cool and not call names or commit character assignation. I may disagree but I'll try not to be offensive, save for the occasional rando fool ofc. B)

I've filed my complaints, act like the government you support and be efficient. ;)

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 10 2015 07:00pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 10 2015 07:24pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 10 2015 10:34pm)
More excuses in the past 75 posts since i last checked this thread. I've heard the following:

- Working minimum wage is just enough to get by.

uh yeah that's kinda the point. if you could live comfortably on minimum wage then why would anyone do anything other than that? minimum wage does not mean comfortable living wage.

- $175/month in food for 1 person isnt enough to eat anything other than ramen

Bullshit. that's about $6 a day. The easy answer is ramen, which is about 20 cents. There's one meal. So now you have $5.50 left. A bag of frozen veggies is about $1.29, a loaf of bread is $1.99 tops. Box of pasta is $1 at any grocery store. Tomato sauce is about 49 cents a can if that. Chicken thighs are like 1.29 a pound on special at Giant today. Tuna is cheap as well. Plenty of decent options to eat for well under $6 a day. Shit you could eat a whole loaf of bread, an entire box of pasta in a day for $3. Half your budget. Get creative.

- Minimum wage should be raised

I'm torn on this, but typically I disagree. Jobs are more important than wages in most cases. Raise minimum wage and that makes small business's budgets even tighter and they close up shop. Then you have no choice but to work for big corporations which like to hide their money.

Did you ever play diablo 2? Charsi had a great job as a blacksmith in the 1800s, doesnt exist anymore. People are still getting by. When new technology emerges, go work in that field! Use your head! I hate when people think they only have 1 skill, so when they cant work in that field, they call it quits. Fuck that. My uncle was a machine worker, he blew out his back. Now he sits and helps with supply chain management for a similar company doing a totally different job.

Okay so i hope that helps your lame excuses for why you cant work and be successful

I believe this thread has began ignoring you on the basis that your beliefs are well, terrible.

Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Apr 10 2015 07:52pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Apr 10 2015 08:24pm)
I believe this thread has began ignoring you on the basis that your beliefs are well, terrible.

I think it's only the people who aren't ambitious enough to be successful are disagreeing with me
Apr 10 2015 08:02pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 10 2015 08:52pm)
I think it's only the people who aren't ambitious enough to be successful are disagreeing with me

There's a lot of name calling, not many counter-arguments from the liberals in this thread.
Gold: 1,785.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 10 2015 09:53pm
lots of bad logic
lots of people who want to do manual labor, and tear their body up, instead of enhancing their brain by learning stuff...

just my .02 ive done manual labor for almost 8 years now. i cant wait until i can start teaching so i dont have to do that stuff to survive and instead use my damn brain!!!!
Gold: 0.00
Apr 10 2015 11:25pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 10 2015 07:52pm)

Yeah and you must be right...not.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1222324252629Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll