d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1227022712272227322745001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 10 2018 12:59pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Sep 10 2018 12:55pm)
nah, behind the smug pseudo-mindreader facade you are just a conspiracy theorist unable to hold a sane and honest conversation

it is highly doubtful you are a troll, most likely just a genuine mental midget

so you don't have a history of posting instances of people being hysterical about issues of race, sex, and body type? and it's not logical to assume that you would use me presenting examples of those, and then qualifying them as absurd, in an attempt to frame most if not all instances of these categories as absurd?

you're right, you're totally not transparent, at all. my mistake.

for the record this was easy as fuck, step your game up.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 10 2018 12:59pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2018 01:01pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 10 2018 08:09pm)
I can honestly say I never once considered anything about the artist as I was focused on the art itself and the similarity to early day American racist caricatures

ok then, what similarity does this caricature have with a racist caricature?

except being about a person of colour, who's striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic effect (which is what a caricature is supposed to do) ?

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 10 2018 08:59pm)
and it's not logical to assume that you would use me presenting examples of those, and then qualifying them as absurd, in an attempt to frame most if not all instances of these categories as absurd?

some out there are legit, some out there are absurd. ones you listed are examples of absurd ones and you cowered away from admiting that.

very sad.

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Sep 10 2018 01:02pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 10 2018 01:02pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2018/09/08/serena-williams-didnt-behave-like-champion-us-open-loss/1243879002/

But while Williams might have been right in her indignation, she was flat out wrong in how she expressed it. And just because other people do it, doesn't make it right.

Had this been the first time Williams behaved like this, maybe it would be viewed differently. But it wasn’t. Williams lost the 2009 US Open semifinal when she was assessed a point penalty on match point for threatening to shove a ball down a line judge’s throat.

It's understandable that Williams' emotions were high Saturday. She has overcome so much in the past year, and winning her 24th Grand Slam title to tie Margaret Court for the all-time record would have been the exclamation point on a comeback that’s been as inspiring as it is amazing.

But that doesn't excuse her meltdown.

Williams is a tremendous champion, and will rightly be remembered as such. But on this day, she fell short.

In more ways than one.

Williams deserved it.
Sep 10 2018 01:04pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 10 2018 01:02pm)

correct, its only acceptable to throw a fit early in the match to stop a momentum shift. Like McEnroe was known to do. doing it late in the match and risking losing on the point you know will be assessed then claiming if you were a man the point wouldnt be assessed is dumb. and it didnt work.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 10 2018 01:08pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Sep 10 2018 12:01pm)
ok then, what similarity does this caricature have with a racist caricature?

except being about a person of colour, who's striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic effect (which is what a caricature is) ?

there are a couple different angles to go at it

you have the early 1900s comics in general of black people

of sports figures specifically

the malicious narratives those were intended to push and the stereotypes that are still pushed which actually still causes harm in communities

we on a weekly basis are still have the monkey/ape/animal/ etc debates in our politics

I think you really want to lump me in with a group I don't fit in with because it's easy/lazy and you dislike me based on our other interactions

it's pretty easy to have a convo with me when you aren't trying to paint me as your caricature of a liberal, you could just say you disagree and don't think Osaka looks white or that the exaggerations were anything other than that

Sep 10 2018 01:11pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Sep 10 2018 01:01pm)
some out there are legit, some out there are absurd. ones you listed are examples of absurd ones and you cowered away from admiting that.

very sad.

I brought them up specifically as examples of how absurd some people can be in response to just about anything. i dodge nothing but your silly question.

I stopped you in your tracks before you could use my examples to make a larger statement. the larger statement you'll claim no doubt that you wouldnt have made. because i stopped you. you're not very good at this.
Sep 10 2018 01:20pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 10 2018 09:11pm)
I stopped you in your tracks before you could use my examples to make a larger statement. the larger statement you'll claim no doubt that you wouldnt have made. because i stopped you. you're not very good at this.

Every sane person answered the question for themselves in their heads in a second.

Then they saw you choose to cower away from doing the same simple thing, the petrified silence was the best answer possible to expose your mindstate :rofl:
Sep 10 2018 01:25pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Sep 10 2018 01:20pm)
Every sane person answered the question for themselves in their heads in a second.

Then they saw you choose to cower away from doing the same simple thing, the petrified silence was the best answer possible to expose your mindstate :rofl:

are you familiar with Jordan Peterson's changed stance on using preferred gender pronouns?

after his famous contention to the bill which skyrocketed his career he was asked "will you use preferred gender pronouns", to which he responded "i will call whomever whatever they want if they ask me to". A year or so later he changed his answer, because many people started to attempt to weaponize his statements to malign his views. As a result people maligned his views anyways claiming he would outright deny people their preferred pronouns, when in reality he was just covering his ass from giving people a cheap quote.

that's essentially what's happened here. i gave absurd examples, sensed that you were digging for a quote, and denied it to you. my position and my examples being absurd havent changed. i beat you, you're the one weaseling into a different lane in an attempt to get me on something no one's buying. im a centrist, you're an ignorant misinformed pleb. no one's stances on either of us changed here today.
Sep 10 2018 01:28pm
your stupidity answered the question for you, too late for extensive posts now :rofl:
Sep 10 2018 01:31pm
this is of course funny because if i posted a huffpost article of someone screaming an absurd agenda laden question at Trump, then them reporting him "refusing to answer", you'd laugh and call it more proof of the left winged fake news machine.

your tactics are no better than hack journalists and you convince no one with them, just like the hacks you post shittily cropped memes of.

you've edited out or ignored at least 50% of each of my posts. wonder why.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 10 2018 01:32pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1227022712272227322745001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll