d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1225422552256225722585001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 9 2018 05:12am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 9 2018 03:10am)
I just think they should stick to the story. Politics belongs on the news, not in football or in movies.
If everything is going to be politicized, we may as well just get rid of sports and entertainment. I mean their whole purpose was to be a "break" from everyday reality.

"stick to the story"

most movies are terrible versions of the books that their story comes from and most don't matter what race characters are as the race isn't a part of the story

as usual using right wing extreme ignorance like a meme of ryan gosling playing MLK to pretend your position actually just isn't based heavily in old man racism , which it is

What are your thoughts on decades and decades of portraying non white people as bullshit caricatures played by white people? no bitching about the story when racists had control of it
Gold: 83.30
Sep 9 2018 05:42am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 9 2018 11:05am)
you cant call them a Nilfgar with a hard 'r'

The smallfolk just call them Black Ones.
Gold: 1.73
Sep 9 2018 06:08am
Quote (Beowulf @ 9 Sep 2018 07:12)
"stick to the story"

most movies are terrible versions of the books that their story comes from and most don't matter what race characters are as the race isn't a part of the story

as usual using right wing extreme ignorance like a meme of ryan gosling playing MLK to pretend your position actually just isn't based heavily in old man racism , which it is

What are your thoughts on decades and decades of portraying non white people as bullshit caricatures played by white people? no bitching about the story when racists had control of it

Honestly people like you shouldn't exist. I won't defend Ghot because he is a little biased but people like you bring out the extremes in everyone.
Sep 9 2018 06:10am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Sep 9 2018 05:08am)
Honestly people like you shouldn't exist. I won't defend Ghot because he is a little biased but people like you bring out the extremes in everyone.

lol

I don't force people to be inconsistent racists in their views.
Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 9 2018 06:18am
Quote (ChrisKz @ 9 Sep 2018 13:08)
I won't defend Ghot because he is a little biased

:rofl: "little"
Sep 9 2018 06:21am
Quote (Beowulf @ 9 Sep 2018 08:10)
lol

I don't force people to be inconsistent racists in their views.

You are also stpuid as fuck and just point out the person rather than pertaining to the argument. Do you even know anything about the Witcher?

Lets make Beowulf black in a old English tale LOL
Sep 9 2018 06:29am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Sep 9 2018 05:21am)
You are also stpuid as fuck and just point out the person rather than pertaining to the argument. Do you even know anything about the Witcher?

Lets make Beowulf black in a old English tale LOL

Quote (Ghot @ Sep 9 2018 12:57am)

Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 9 2018 04:12am)
"stick to the story"

I don't have a problem with people not seeing a movie based on a book/game/story that they think the hollywood machine may ruin for them

I skip lots of movies every year because I don't want to mess around with my love for the story they are based on.

have fun explaining how my posts and opinions are wrong with this one he posted
Sep 9 2018 06:33am
Quote (Beowulf @ 9 Sep 2018 08:29)
I don't have a problem with people not seeing a movie based on a book/game/story that they think the hollywood machine may ruin for them

I skip lots of movies every year because I don't want to mess around with my love for the story they are based on.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aGjWx27_460s.jpg

have fun explaining how my posts and opinions are wrong with this one he posted

Failed. The argument isn't about the 'racist' memes hes posting, though in a sense I would consider those posts full of prejudice rather than racism, then also point out that original argument was about the cast of a story where Ciri is the princess of a Queen who came from a versin of the Nordic isles in the story, and from a strictly imperial White lineage in Nilfguaard (a sort of Germany).

But go ahead and bring his past posts and your perspection of him being racist into the clear argument about changing canon for racist diversity.
Sep 9 2018 06:38am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Sep 9 2018 05:33am)
Failed. The argument isn't about the 'racist' memes hes posting, though in a sense I would consider those posts full of prejudice rather than racism, then also point out that original argument was about the cast of a story where Ciri is the princess of a Queen who came from a versin of the Nordic isles in the story, and from a strictly imperial White lineage in Nilfguaard (a sort of Germany).

But go ahead and bring his past posts and your perspection of him being racist into the clear argument about changing canon for racist diversity.

Has Ciri been cast? or is all this about an online rumored casting list that hasn't even been confirmed by the showrunner?
Sep 9 2018 06:44am
Quote (Beowulf @ 9 Sep 2018 08:38)
Has Ciri been cast? or is all this about an online rumored casting list that hasn't even been confirmed by the showrunner?

Pretty sure she hasn't, but I would be disappointed if she was. Don't get me wrong, but Ciri already has an image among her fan base. Changing it to fit diversity is literally in line with the current nuanced definition of racism that people throw around nowadays.

You are somewhat right though, it isn't good to jump the gun on things like that. But letting them know that they are making a bad decision for the fan base because they aren't being super specific isn't a bad thing either.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1225422552256225722585001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll