d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Iran Boogaloo
Prev1212223242583Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 83.00
Jan 5 2020 09:32am
Quote (fender @ Jan 5 2020 04:19pm)
there is a huge difference between wild speculation about a topic that we have no information about, and the policy stances and records of certain politicians. trying to make it sound like a completely random guess is rather disingenuous.

i can say with confidence that clinton would not have withdrawn from the paris accord or the iran deal, based on her record and comments regarding the issues of iran and climate change for example. i could not make a similarly confident 'guess' about what you would do if you were drafted into the military to become cannon fodder in the middle east, simply because i have never seen you make a statement about it, and i don't know anything about you. is that really so hard to understand, or are you just pretending it is, in order to make a completely reasonable assumption sound like a wild guess?

I love how you use the words 'random guess' and 'wild guess'.

I clearly said educated guess in my last post.
Gold: 83.30
Jan 5 2020 09:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 5 2020 04:30pm)
So... Trump killed one of Iran's top generals, dealing a big blow to their overseas operations and terrorism infrastructure while also embarrassing them on the world stage and stressing the point that America is not to be fucked with - and now he gets a golden ticket to bring back the troops from Iraq, something he had wanted to do for a long time, all while both him and his country can save face?

5d chess confirmed? I think so!!! :rofl: :bonk:

and just so fender doesnt get triggered into writing a 10 chapter rage essay: /s

I'm pretty sure US military command does not want to leave Iraq entirely.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 5 2020 09:34am
Quote (balrog66 @ 5 Jan 2020 16:26)
Was to be expected tbh. Iraq has to save face vs Iran too. I mean, Pakistan huffed and puffed when the OBL raid happened, and OBL isn't an official state actor.

pretty sure that first of all they could do without a war between the US and iran being carried out in their country... 'saving face' is at best an afterthought...
Jan 5 2020 09:41am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 5 Jan 2020 16:32)
I love how you use the words 'random guess' and 'wild guess'.

I clearly said educated guess in my last post.

great, if you're not trying to suggest that it's just a random guess, then you don't have an argument anymore - because while it technically is of course still just an assumption, it's one that is based on a well documented record and common sense, and therefore clearly refuting the hypotheticals that would have to be met in blackx's scenario. glad we finally agree on that.
Jan 5 2020 09:45am
Quote (fender @ Jan 5 2020 04:41pm)
great, if you're not trying to suggest that it's just a random guess, then you don't have an argument anymore - because while it technically is of course still just an assumption, it's one that is based on a well documented record and common sense, and therefore clearly refuting the hypotheticals that would have to be met in blackx's scenario. glad we finally agree on that.

You are completely ignoring my original point.

You can't prove either scenario true. You can prove yours is more likely to happen. I don't understand how you don't get this....
Jan 5 2020 10:05am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 5 Jan 2020 16:45)
You are completely ignoring my original point.

You can't prove either scenario true. You can prove yours is more likely to happen. I don't understand how you don't get this....

oh right, so that is all you wanted to say, huh? and by 'proof' you of course mean physical evidence, and not assumptions that every halfway intelligent being can easily identify as common sense, right?
well sure, that is true then, but that's also an incredibly silly point to make. the use of conditionals (in both his and my posts) should have told you we were very well aware of that. seriously, what a stupid and transparent way trying to save face now...

This post was edited by fender on Jan 5 2020 10:07am
Jan 5 2020 10:06am
Quote (fender @ Jan 5 2020 05:05pm)
oh right, so that is all you wanted to say, huh? well sure, that is true, but that's also an incredibly silly point to make. the use of conditionals (in both his and my posts) should have told you we were very well aware of that. seriously, what a stupid and transparent way trying to save face now...

You were asking him to prove you wrong in a guessing game....

I can tell you must be very well liked here :rolleyes:
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 5 2020 10:07am
I really wish people would stop using the term "at war" we are not at war with anyone in the ME. If we were it would be over in a few days. (i'm not talking nukes) im talking full on air strikes for all infrastructure. I'm talkin EMP's etc. Ground forces annilahting entire towns etc. with air support. What you all are trying to defend is country building. ITS BS, and all sides have done it and it needs to stop.
Gold: 15,220.00
Jan 5 2020 10:11am
Quote (balrog66 @ Jan 5 2020 10:34am)
I'm pretty sure US military command does not want to leave Iraq entirely.

It’s their own fault. Trump doesn’t make these decisions in a vacuum. It’s these same generals/intel leaders that probably came to him and advised on droning this general.
Jan 5 2020 10:20am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ 5 Jan 2020 17:06)
You were asking him to prove you wrong in a guessing game....

I can tell you must be very well liked here :rolleyes:

learn to read, buddy. i was pointing out that he doesn't have any arguments to refute the points i made about his scenario. those obviously don't have to (and as you rightly, but also entirely unnecessarily, pointed out simply CAN'T) be 'proven' with absolute certainty - but an assumption based on a well documented record and made statements regarding certain topics can still be a refutation of a hypothetical that is NOT based on such things, but on conditions that would be highly unlikely to be met.

it's really silly that i have to explain such basics to you, just because can't admit that you tried to defend a weak argument by acting like all hypotheticals were equally (un)likely, and then had to move the goal post to 'well you simply can't PROVE it'...

This post was edited by fender on Jan 5 2020 10:22am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1212223242583Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll