d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev1212223242572Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.93
Jul 2 2019 04:45pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 3 2019 09:40am)
He threw popular names down to further the divide

I actually follow these people as opposed to just passing around what's politically convenient about them

Candace is a right wing token with very little knowledge it's all parroting for dollars

the confirmation bias league of unextraordinary gentle(wo)men

black female for the right (Candace) gay liberal (rubin) reformed far leftie now pretending to be moderate (tim pool) trans (blaire)

none of them call for violence they are smart enough to be consistent on that and most of them probably don't support it

that murderous coward knew what he was doing and knew people would run with it but that act wasn't on Candace

She is guilty of a lot of things but not that and the murderer got what he wanted by people spreading that around with blame

I will take your word on it as i have little experience with her and i trust your integrity.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 2 2019 04:48pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jul 2 2019 03:45pm)
I will take your word on it as i have little experience with her and i trust your integrity.

I appreciate that

she's a piece of work and deserves a lot of criticism as many of them do but not the blame for that, nobody but the person that slaughtered innocent people in prayer deserves that blame in my view
Jul 2 2019 04:54pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 3 2019 09:48am)
I appreciate that

she's a piece of work and deserves a lot of criticism as many of them do but not the blame for that, nobody but the person that slaughtered innocent people in prayer deserves that blame in my view

I do think an environment that allows the views he espoused to become commonplace also deserves some blame.
There is no way tarrant didn't plan this entire thing whilst sitting in an echo chamber of like minded people spurring him on.
Ever go and read storm watch? It is scary how close we are becoming to these attacks becoming the norm.
Jul 2 2019 04:59pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jul 2 2019 03:54pm)
I do think an environment that allows the views he espoused to become commonplace also deserves some blame.
There is no way tarrant didn't plan this entire thing whilst sitting in an echo chamber of like minded people spurring him on.
Ever go and read storm watch? It is scary how close we are becoming to these attacks becoming the norm.

echo chambers are certainly a bad idea for us all

personally that's why I prefer bad ideas and shitty views to not be shut down on major platforms

let it all out in the open let people battle it out with words don't send them off to their little conniving corners
Jul 2 2019 05:10pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 3 2019 09:59am)
echo chambers are certainly a bad idea for us all

personally that's why I prefer bad ideas and shitty views to not be shut down on major platforms

let it all out in the open let people battle it out with words don't send them off to their little conniving corners

Agree, but i also believe that allowing open nazism would be disrespecting what my great uncle died for in world war 2 and i was named for that man.
Tough call really, freedom of speech is great and all but some ideals are dangerous.
I see white supremacy talk as violent speech when it is at its most extreme, you do not have to actually physically attack some one when your words are calling for their entire race to be wiped from the earth.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jul 2 2019 05:10pm
Gold: 12.79
Jul 2 2019 06:13pm
Yall waste way too much time arguing with someone who will be in a mental hospital, serving felony charges or dead within the next couple years.
Press F to pay respects.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2019 06:51pm
Quote (Knoppie @ Jul 2 2019 10:41pm)
Then don't get upset with Scaly when some of the antifa are fighting some of the proud boys. ;)

You just don't get it. It's not just The Proud Boys, it's anybody who disagrees with the likes of ANTIFA or happens to exercise their rights to demonstrate. All they have to do is accuse somebody of being a "fashy" and their violence feels validated to them.

This post was edited by CarsV on Jul 2 2019 06:57pm
Jul 2 2019 07:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 2 Jul 2019 16:52)
that DLJ interview, part 1 at least, is really good. I like DLJ a lot.

I was gonna release it as is but the video is so scuffed I want to add some video clips over the top and some commentary for general release.
I'm glad you found it interesting.
Jul 2 2019 08:14pm
Quote (Knoppie @ 2 Jul 2019 22:41)
Then don't get upset with Scaly when some of the antifa are fighting some of the proud boys. ;)

I don't see one group charging the other like we see in other (hooligan) planned fights around the world. What we mostly see here are a few individuals engaging an opposing individual or small group ending up in violence. Most of the vids I see are "proud boy" individuals suddenly finding themselves in the middle an antifa group, and then the video starts. Now for some reason, I have a hard time to believe that that is where the escalation started. And I find myself scratching my brain on how he got there, just like the Phillips situation, that part is more important than the vid that went viral.

And yet here we are jumping to conclusions, getting all hot headed over the individuals that likely mutually want to engage one another. Imo just give police the means to properly video document the confrontations and arrest those that are violent.

You guys don't even have to choose sides here ;)

Honestly I'd be all for police videotaping the entire event and arresting people who initiate violence. I think a very different picture of antifa would begin to emerge. It is usually the right that initiates.
Exposing groups like the proud boys, AIM and NSM etc as the violent garbage they are would be valuable.
I just don't know if the police could be trusted - certainly in Portsmouth they definitely couldn't as they were spreading Patriot Prayer's propaganda and have ties with the group's leader. Often the police are just another gang.

Quote (EA7 @ 1 Jul 2019 14:11)
Proof that trannies and mentally unstable, hateful people.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Fortunately, given the suicide rates in your community, you won't be along much longer to spew such vile, hateful messages.

Straight white males are fast catching up and trans people who are supported in their identities have rates of anxiety and depression comparable to the general population. Statistically I'll probably outlive your incel ass.

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jul 2 2019 08:16pm
Jul 2 2019 08:18pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 2 2019 07:14pm)
Honestly I'd be all for police videotaping the entire event and arresting people who initiate violence. I think a very different picture of antifa would begin to emerge. It is usually the right that initiates.
Exposing groups like the proud boys, AIM and NSM etc as the violent garbage they are would be valuable.
I just don't know if the police could be trusted - certainly in Portsmouth they definitely couldn't as they were spreading Patriot Prayer's propaganda and have ties with the group's leader. Often the police are just another gang.

instead of weapons and cans of spray and escalating behavior record it

everyone has a recording device these days and everyone is using it and yet the videos continually come out where antifa are in the wrong

nobody has any interest in a group of masked people trying to clam self defense when it obviously isn't

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1212223242572Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll