d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1212223242547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 11 2015 03:33pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ Feb 11 2015 03:28pm)
Your country can only get better regarding obesity, i wouldn't mind to try to change something if i was there.

the world has alot of things that could do with a change, that doesnt mean the govt. should fund it.
Gold: 285.00
Feb 11 2015 03:33pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 11 2015 04:21pm)
obamacare isn't anywhere near what i hoped it'd be but every time i look south of the border i wonder why all these poor people are so opposed to the concept of universal healthcare itself when medical costs are the leading cause of bankruptcy :/

Our schools are in crisis too, which contributes to opposition to a national system.
Feb 11 2015 03:35pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 11 2015 03:32pm)
you realize successful businesses are successful precisely because they don't subscribe to this mentality and take advantage of every opportunity they have available to reduce costs?

this pride of yours can be quite disastrous

are you in favor of living your life like a business? Prescribing to all business ethics for lifestyle choices? Does the saying "its just business" mean nothing?

My pride has lead me to a good place, perhaps by chance but it was a part of my journey. It also has given me some useful tools in dealing with the people i deal with, because i can legitimately tell them its possible to make it without assistance with actual life experience backing it.
Gold: 8,933.00
Feb 11 2015 03:37pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 11 2015 10:55am)
I haven't been keeping up with the read, but I'll give it a look I guess.

Let's see, sharylattkisson.com, I am immediately suspicious. Doesn't look like a reputable source so far.

Uses mainstream in quotes for some reason....

Not actually posting the evidence, just saying "This is what I heard"

Links the study, that's nice.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=486407 Study link

Read over the study, and basically it's a good first investigation, but is in no way conclusive. P value was .8, which is absolutely not conclusive, same for P values of 0.4 and 0.3. Not nearly enough to establish any kind of cause, and barely enough to say there's a solid relationship. Honestly I don't even understand why it was published in the first place. They aren't controlling for flu mutations from year to year, or really anything.

Overall, this study is just a "first glance" at the data and needs a much more in-depth analysis to be conclusive.

Let's see... Pulitzer Prize winning journalist from CBS. Let's get SUSPICIOUS!

The annual unadjusted number of excess all-cause deaths for all ages, averaged by decade, nearly doubled over the 3 decades studied, from about 21 000 in the 1970s to about 39 000 in the 1990s. The proportions of these influenza-related deaths that occurred among different age groups also changed substantially during this time; for example, people 85 years or older accounted for 24% of all influenza-related deaths in the 1970s, but this group accounted for 44% in the 1990s.

...coupled with the substantial increases in vaccination coverage. And yes, they did look at and make note of special years when the targeted strains and the actual strains didn't align. Sure, I misspoke about vaccination causation of excess deaths, it simply doesn't work is all. Plus you still get the side effects, Mr CuntyMcCunt.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 11 2015 03:56pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 11 2015 04:35pm)
are you in favor of living your life like a business? Prescribing to all business ethics for lifestyle choices? Does the saying "its just business" mean nothing?

My pride has lead me to a good place, perhaps by chance but it was a part of my journey. It also has given me some useful tools in dealing with the people i deal with, because i can legitimately tell them its possible to make it without assistance with actual life experience backing it.

i'm not necessarily in favor of it but it'd be foolish to not acknowledge that you'd be best off financially if you did act amorally as a business would if and when it is in your best financial interest to do so
Gold: 0.76
Feb 11 2015 03:59pm
Quote (Shiner @ 11 Feb 2015 16:10)
Depends, do you think the feds should be allowed to make it mandatory for us to have health care, or is that a violation of your freedom as a citizen?

To elaborate and rant, Obamacare basically makes healthcare like this.... You go to the grocery store because you need a small bag of sugar. When you get there, you're informed that if you want to buy sugar you have to pay the store 4 times the cost of that bag of sugar per month, even though you really only need that one bag, if that, every year. Then you're allowed to purchase the sugar... and if you buy $6,000 worth of sugar after that you get a discount.

It's easy to think you may just need that little bag of sugar, but you or someone you love may suddenly get a $500,000.00 sweet tooth then that bigger bag of sugar will look pretty good. Those unexpected sweetteeth can hit without any warning and be devastating.
Feb 11 2015 04:06pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 11 2015 03:56pm)
i'm not necessarily in favor of it but it'd be foolish to not acknowledge that you'd be best off financially if you did act amorally as a business would if and when it is in your best financial interest to do so

when i was 15 i realized there was a fool proof way to rob our local bank, i still didnt do it.

I acknowledge that a business mentality would be the best way to financially live your life but finances are prob like #3 or #4 on my list, and that hasnt changed regardless of my change in financial status.
Gold: 260.11
Feb 11 2015 05:30pm
Quote (Santara @ Feb 11 2015 03:37pm)
Let's see... Pulitzer Prize winning journalist from CBS. Let's get SUSPICIOUS!

...coupled with the substantial increases in vaccination coverage. And yes, they did look at and make note of special years when the targeted strains and the actual strains didn't align. Sure, I misspoke about vaccination causation of excess deaths, it simply doesn't work is all. Plus you still get the side effects, Mr CuntyMcCunt.

I'm suspicious because she's not a scientist and is reporting on science. I am ALWAYS suspicious of anybody reporting on something outside of their field, and when it's a hot topic. So both of those conditions are met so time to double the suspicion.

At any rate, like I said, it's a good first glance, but until it's corroborated by more evidence it can largely be ignored. There's plenty of evidence showing the flu vaccine works, this study isn't enough to discredit it.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 11 2015 05:32pm
Gold: 20.31
Feb 11 2015 11:37pm
Yes, it's a medical imperative. It's crazy that we're even talking about this, but that's what happens when a major party pitches to its fringe. YouGov took advantage of the dustup caused by Christie/Paul/et al. and dove into the fray: http://www.statista.com/chart/3205/most-americans-want-their-children-vaccinated/

Government-mandated vaccination is still overwhelmingly the majority, mainstream position. 68% say the government should require parents to vaccinate their kids vs. 18% who oppose and 14% who are unsure. This has an expected partisan breakdown of Democrats overwhelmingly in favor 81%-5%, Republicans only in favor 67%-22%, and self-identified Independents even less in favor 59%-28%.

Hopefully this issue doesn't follow evolution and climate change.
Gold: 12,730.67
Feb 11 2015 11:39pm
Quote (Pollster @ Feb 11 2015 09:37pm)
Yes, it's a medical imperative. It's crazy that we're even talking about this, but that's what happens when a major party pitches to its fringe. YouGov took advantage of the dustup caused by Christie/Paul/et al. and dove into the fray: http://www.statista.com/chart/3205/most-americans-want-their-children-vaccinated/

Government-mandated vaccination is still overwhelmingly the majority, mainstream position. 68% say the government should require parents to vaccinate their kids vs. 18% who oppose and 14% who are unsure. This has an expected partisan breakdown of Democrats overwhelmingly in favor 81%-5%, Republicans only in favor 67%-22%, and self-identified Independents even less in favor 59%-28%.

Hopefully this issue doesn't follow evolution and climate change.

Do you consider Libertarians a major party? Seems like we're all in agreement except for the Paul loonies.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1212223242547Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll