d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1211212213214215443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 27 2018 12:24pm

One of my favorite parts, right at the end...

Q: Did anyone help you to pick out an attorney?
A: Friends, friends of friends, pointed me towards divorce lawyers who pointed me in the right direction.
Q: Did anyone else suggest lawyers?
A: Feinstein.

later...

Q: Which of your lawyers did Feinstein recommend?
A: Katz.

I think the she has been coached from the start by the Dems. I think this is all a fictitious incident.

When Ford was asked who she told after the incident, first we get...some politician, then the Wapo, then when pointed out the question meant, right after the incident, she said no one. <----- Hard or impossible to believe, even knowing that most victims keep it quiet.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 27 2018 12:24pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 27 2018 11:23am)
Lindsey Graham is throwing down right now.

cool so we know he will be saying the exact opposite in the coming days/weeks
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 27 2018 12:25pm
so basically the first round with mitchell/ford was set up by republicans to completely avoid antagonizing the woman or questioning her story, and instead roast the democrats for their abuse of procedures and paint them as manipulating the woman rather than colluding- especially the closing line of questions about how feinstein steered her into a combative session rather than 1-on-1 questioning that is the 'best' way to get to the truth. She only briefly mentioned the inconsistencies / holes in the story without ever bludgeoning Ford with them. Presumably, this sets up a second half where republicans will defend Kavanaugh by attacking the crap out of the story and presenting exculpatory evidence when Ford isn't there to act victimized on stage

now, how did the democrats spend their first half? Honest question, not rhetorical- I muted all the senators as they talked and only listened to Ford/Mitchell, fuck the blabbing on about muh FBI investigation. I only listened to a few minutes of one or two of them and it was just a refrain of FBI investigation - gushing about her bravery, right? And Grassley kind of defused that by saluting her bravery at the end anyway
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 27 2018 12:29pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 27 2018 12:25pm)
so basically the first round with mitchell/ford was set up by republicans to completely avoid antagonizing the woman or questioning her story, and instead roast the democrats for their abuse of procedures and paint them as manipulating the woman rather than colluding- especially the closing line of questions about how feinstein steered her into a combative session rather than 1-on-1 questioning that is the 'best' way to get to the truth. She only briefly mentioned the inconsistencies / holes in the story without ever bludgeoning Ford with them. Presumably, this sets up a second half where republicans will defend Kavanaugh by attacking the crap out of the story and presenting exculpatory evidence when Ford isn't there to act victimized on stage

now, how did the democrats spend their first half? Honest question, not rhetorical- I muted all the senators as they talked and only listened to Ford/Mitchell, fuck the blabbing on about muh FBI investigation. I only listened to a few minutes of one or two of them and it was just a refrain of FBI investigation - gushing about her bravery, right? And Grassley kind of defused that by saluting her bravery at the end anyway

clapping for her bravery, apologizing for her troubles (since she has nothing at ALL to gain), saying with intense eye contact "i believe you", and asking questions that are useless and would be struck as leading the witness in a court case.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 27 2018 12:30pm
You never "bludgeon" a victim as she nears the trap. By that I mean that there is no way Mitchell would antagonize Ford or "obviously" question her story.
If Ford or her attorneys got worried at all about the questions, out would come the fainting spells, the I'm too tired etc.

Best just to let her ramble on and leave loopholes. Not loopholes to investigate, but loopholes that point out this is all a scam.

/e You can tell by Mitchell's questions about how she found lawyers, at the end, that she wasn't fooled for one second.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 27 2018 12:33pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 27 2018 12:33pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 27 2018 11:25am)

some ran for president, vice president, and likes on twitter

the dick tracy villain rubbed her shoulders with his eyes

the sad part of it all is that I think she is telling a truthful encounter even if the details are off so once again everyone all around is sacrificing a probable victim for their bullshit including her political legal team
Sep 27 2018 12:34pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 27 2018 12:30pm)
You never "bludgeon" a victim as she nears the trap. By that I mean that there is no way Mitchell would antagonize Ford or "obviously" question her story.
If Ford or her attorneys got worried at all about the questions, out would come the fainting spells, the I'm too tired etc.

Best just to let her ramble on and leave loopholes. Not loopholes to investigate, but loopholes that point out this is all a scam.

Oh you definitely bludgeon witnesses on cross in real trials, you would let them stumble into the trap and then close it on them until they balk.
But that "I'm too tired" after only what 30-60 minutes of questioning? Bitch pls, these are 80 year old geriatrics that spend 8+ hours doing this shit all day every day and you're the one getting tired?
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 27 2018 12:39pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Sep 2018 20:34)
Oh you definitely bludgeon witnesses on cross in real trials, you would let them stumble into the trap and then close it on them until they balk.
But that "I'm too tired" after only what 30-60 minutes of questioning? Bitch pls, these are 80 year old geriatrics that spend 8+ hours doing this shit all day every day and you're the one getting tired?

Those 80+ year old geriatrics have been doing this for 30+ years, some of them since the days when negros still had to sit in the back of the bus.
Sep 27 2018 12:39pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 27 2018 12:39pm)
Those 80+ year old geriatrics have been doing this for 30+ years, some of them since the days when negros still had to sit in the back of the bus.

which ties into Kavanaugh's easiest way out of this debacle, to announce he has chosen to live as an african-american and declare it a low-tech lynching
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 27 2018 12:41pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Sep 2018 20:39)
which ties into Kavanaugh's easiest way out of this debacle, to announce he has chosen to live as an african-american and declare it a low-tech lynching

Maybe he should declare that he now self-identifies as a genderfluid attack helicopter and accuse democrats of being transphobic? ^_^
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1211212213214215443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll