d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1209921002101210221033169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,388.33
Jul 8 2018 05:39am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 8 2018 04:13am)

based
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 8 2018 06:15am

Trump administration halts billions in insurance payments under Obamacare

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare-obamacare/trump-administration-halts-billions-in-insurance-payments-under-obamacare-idUSKBN1JY00W

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which administers programs under the Affordable Care Act, said the action affects $10.4 billion in risk adjustment payments.

President Donald Trump’s administration has used its regulatory powers to undermine Obamacare after the Republican-controlled Congress last year failed to repeal and replace the law. About 20 million Americans have received health insurance coverage through the program.

The payments are intended to help stabilize health insurance markets by compensating insurers that had sicker, more expensive enrollees in 2017. The government collects the money from health insurers with relatively healthy enrollees, who cost less to insure.

This is just another of the issues that bother(ed) me about Obamacare. This would sort of be like the govt. paying subsidies to Walmart, because Amazon was doing better.
It also make a joke of medical insurance companies as well. Do they somehow believe that when they sell insurance policies, that they should only be expected to provide those policies for healthy people?

I mean they still charge like they are covering healthy and sick policy holders, so these subsidies aren't being passed along to the policy holders at all. They are just being swallowed by the insurance companies themselves.
I think somewhere a long the way, insurance companies have forgotten they are in a "risk taking" business. This is part of the insurnace business itself. It's not something that SHOULD be subsidized by the Fed.

What would be next? Should the Fed also subsidize losers at Las Vegas, or the horse race?
This part of Obamacare was just one of the reasons that I felt Obama was trying to run a silent Jihad in the US. This introducing of things that would internally hurt capitalism.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 8 2018 07:07am
Quote (Goomshill @ 8 Jul 2018 06:54)
https://nypost.com/2018/07/06/teen-in-maga-hat-reportedly-made-racist-comments-before-man-snapped/

so if anyone followed a bit more of that MAGA cap story out of San Antonio...

the kid gets assaulted, a drink thrown in his face and cap stolen at a whataburger. He managed to capture the attack itself on his cell phone, recording just as the guy went off.The guy gets fired from his job after being identified, then arrested.
A local station then later posts a detailed article citing an anonymous 'witness' who said he saw the kid making racist jokes about the purge and hanging black people prior to the incident. The witness says he and his family were receiving death threats.
The 'witness's statements are completely at odds with the other witnesses. The kid and his mother say it was an unprovoked attack, and the attacker himself gave a brief statement to the press saying nothing about racist remarks, only that he was triggered by seeing the hat.
The 'witness's story also doesn't make any logical sense: How could he be receiving death threats if he's anonymous? Theres no identity anywhere online. The only source on the internet making such a claim is that TV station that reported that witness. Its also not consistent with the attacker's own statements in the video, where he's plainly taking issue with the cap, not anything the kid said. He never said anything to indicate he was reacting to racist statements.
Furthermore, the police department denied there being any such witness:
https://www.ksat.com/news/fact-check-heres-what-we-know-about-the-viral-maga-hat-theft-incident

Now that station has editted their article, but not retracted it. They removed the inflammatory quotes claiming the kid was talking about hanging blacks. They added this;

Of course, the damage has been done. That claim about the kid provoking the attack was repeated in plenty of major outlets and circled all over social media. A few sites deleted their articles, even

‘Witnesses’ who blatantly made something up should be prosecuted for slander. Too bad they didn’t make a statement to the police could string them up on knowingly making false statements.

Racist scum #fakenews ran with it anyway
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 8 2018 08:40am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 8 2018 05:54am)
https://nypost.com/2018/07/06/teen-in-maga-hat-reportedly-made-racist-comments-before-man-snapped/

so if anyone followed a bit more of that MAGA cap story out of San Antonio...

the kid gets assaulted, a drink thrown in his face and cap stolen at a whataburger. He managed to capture the attack itself on his cell phone, recording just as the guy went off.The guy gets fired from his job after being identified, then arrested.
A local station then later posts a detailed article citing an anonymous 'witness' who said he saw the kid making racist jokes about the purge and hanging black people prior to the incident. The witness says he and his family were receiving death threats.
The 'witness's statements are completely at odds with the other witnesses. The kid and his mother say it was an unprovoked attack, and the attacker himself gave a brief statement to the press saying nothing about racist remarks, only that he was triggered by seeing the hat.
The 'witness's story also doesn't make any logical sense: How could he be receiving death threats if he's anonymous? Theres no identity anywhere online. The only source on the internet making such a claim is that TV station that reported that witness. Its also not consistent with the attacker's own statements in the video, where he's plainly taking issue with the cap, not anything the kid said. He never said anything to indicate he was reacting to racist statements.
Furthermore, the police department denied there being any such witness:
https://www.ksat.com/news/fact-check-heres-what-we-know-about-the-viral-maga-hat-theft-incident

Now that station has editted their article, but not retracted it. They removed the inflammatory quotes claiming the kid was talking about hanging blacks. They added this;

Of course, the damage has been done. That claim about the kid provoking the attack was repeated in plenty of major outlets and circled all over social media. A few sites deleted their articles, even

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 8 2018 09:18am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 8 2018 10:40am)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CurnZB9W8AAljwX.jpg

bro & sis?
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 8 2018 10:45am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 8 2018 08:15am)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare-obamacare/trump-administration-halts-billions-in-insurance-payments-under-obamacare-idUSKBN1JY00W

This is just another of the issues that bother(ed) me about Obamacare. This would sort of be like the govt. paying subsidies to Walmart, because Amazon was doing better.
It also make a joke of medical insurance companies as well. Do they somehow believe that when they sell insurance policies, that they should only be expected to provide those policies for healthy people?

I mean they still charge like they are covering healthy and sick policy holders, so these subsidies aren't being passed along to the policy holders at all. They are just being swallowed by the insurance companies themselves.
I think somewhere a long the way, insurance companies have forgotten they are in a "risk taking" business. This is part of the insurnace business itself. It's not something that SHOULD be subsidized by the Fed.

What would be next? Should the Fed also subsidize losers at Las Vegas, or the horse race?
This part of Obamacare was just one of the reasons that I felt Obama was trying to run a silent Jihad in the US. This introducing of things that would internally hurt capitalism.

Another sad victim of far left brainwashing. Something should be done
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 8 2018 11:37am
Quote (Ghot @ 8 Jul 2018 07:15)

Silent Jihad? More like brazen communistic Jihadi terrorism.
Gold: 90.58
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 8 2018 12:42pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 8 2018 01:37pm)
Silent Jihad? More like brazen communistic Jihadi terrorism.

Well true, but like my English professor used to say: "You must consider your audience".

And since most folks in the US were stupid enough to re-elect Obama, I figure they probably didn't notice the "brazen communistic Jihadi terrorism". :)

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 8 2018 02:24pm
wrong topic

This post was edited by fender on Jul 8 2018 02:25pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1209921002101210221033169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll