d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev1202122232426Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,190.00
Mar 30 2023 10:36am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 14 2022 05:40pm)
Various headlines:

:: :: US bans new Huawei equipment sales over ‘unacceptable risk’ to national security :: ::
:: :: Surrounded: How the U.S. Is Encircling China with Military Bases :: ::
:: :: US blocks sales of some AI chips to China as tech crackdown intensifies :: ::
:: :: China puts the world at more risk than ever before :: ::
:: :: China and the US are locked in a cold war. We must win it. Here's how we will :: ::
:: :: China has rejected understanding with US on Taiwan, Blinken says :: ::

So the "Main Stream Media" (MSM) is outlining that the US and China are in a Cold War (this means they are at war but not shooting each other). My Question is: Why. What are the reasons why the US has made China its enemy, and, critically, where do you think it will all end.

Discuss.

It will never end until one collapses. Doesn't matter either, who does. It's just the way how some humans function. That's the problem.
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 30 2023 10:41am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 30 2023 07:07am)
The growth of any power is ever at the expense of someone else. This can be seen throughout history all over the planet. But to answer your question, the US is actively seeking to contain China, has been very vocal of their intent and has made no secret of the fact that they will induce a war between China and Taiwan. The US is united in doing so, so yes, the US is here to contain China as a geopolitical strategy to retain their dominance.

Finally China does not have a monopoly on atrocities.

Look it is what it is, US foreign policy is not going to change, We will see armed conflict and whatever you think is the motive "to save truth, justice and democracy" or "the chinese government is evil" or maybe even "china is becoming a regional / global superpower", so be it.

To sink any whataboutism: ultimately China is not a threat to the US. A threat is when China has nuclear missiles in Canada/Mexico and Cuba, has its fleet off the coast of the US and is actively saying "you are our enemy. This is not what the chinese are doing. On the other hand the US has military facilities all over the world, they literally have a ring around china and are saying on main stream media "you are our enemy".

That needs to be accepted as fact prior to any conversation.

wrong done in the name of right are bad, a mistake, but mostly misguided.

wrong done in the name of wrong is evil. china's goals are evil. their view of what the world should be in 100 years can not be allowed to guide the world.

That is what needs to be accepted as fact prior to any conversation.
Gold: 46,068.00
Mar 30 2023 10:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2023 00:41)

wrong done in the name of wrong is evil. china's goals are evil. their view of what the world should be in 100 years can not be allowed to guide the world.

That is exactly the same thought that comes to mind with at least 1/4 of the world population when they view the United States.

This post was edited by Hamsterbaby on Mar 30 2023 10:47am
Mar 30 2023 11:01am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 30 2023 11:47am)
That is exactly the same thought that comes to mind with at least 1/4 of the world population when they view the United States.

in north korea, russia, china, afghanistan, iran, and cuba?

aww schucks, we dont have the moral approval of the immoral. darn, what will we do?
Gold: 12,190.00
Mar 30 2023 11:15am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 30 2023 05:41pm)

Define evil, wrong, right, bad, mistake and misguided for both sides prior to any conversation.
Mar 30 2023 11:17am
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2023 01:01)
in north korea, russia, china, afghanistan, iran, and cuba?

aww schucks, we dont have the moral approval of the immoral. darn, what will we do?

Nah its alot more than that.
I give u a break down from what I am actually sure of
Percentage in population

China : 70%
India : 60%
North Korea : 30 % ( They actually want to break free from Dictator Kim )
Russia : 30 %

Here is what I am sure of in South East Asia

Malaysia : 60 %
Vietnam : 50 %
Indonesia : 70%
Philippines : 30%
Thailand : 10 %
Singapore : Neutral
Brunei : 60 %
Myanmar : 30 %
Cambodia : 60 %
Laos : 30 %

East Asia

Taiwan : 20 %
Japan : 10 %
South Korea : 50 %

I haven't include the Mid East , Africa and Central and South America.

The above is a conservative calculation.
Mar 30 2023 11:22am
Quote (Impy @ Mar 30 2023 12:15pm)
Define evil, wrong, right, bad, mistake and misguided for both sides prior to any conversation.

no.

Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 30 2023 12:17pm)
Nah its alot more than that.
I give u a break down from what I am actually sure of
Percentage in population

China : 70%
India : 60%
North Korea : 30 % ( They actually want to break free from Dictator Kim )
Russia : 30 %

Here is what I am sure of in South East Asia

Malaysia : 60 %
Vietnam : 50 %
Indonesia : 70%
Philippines : 30%
Thailand : 10 %
Singapore : Neutral
Brunei : 60 %
Myanmar : 30 %
Cambodia : 60 %
Laos : 30 %

East Asia

Taiwan : 20 %
Japan : 10 %
South Korea : 50 %

I haven't include the Mid East , Africa and Central and South America.

The above is a conservative calculation.

and 99% of those who hate america would literally leave their family behind for the chance to come here and make minimum wage to send back.

imagine hating something and at the same time going to sleep every night dreaming about getting a chance to go there and become a part of it.

that's the difference, we don't want to go anywhere else. we made it. we're here, born on 3rd base with no outs. so of course people resent us and "hate us". but in their heart they want to be us.
Mar 30 2023 11:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2023 01:22)
no.

and 99% of those who hate america would literally leave their family behind for the chance to come here and make minimum wage to send back.

imagine hating something and at the same time going to sleep every night dreaming about getting a chance to go there and become a part of it.

that's the difference, we don't want to go anywhere else. we made it. we're here, born on 3rd base with no outs. so of course people resent us and "hate us". but in their heart they want to be us.

I would agree with you 20 to 30 years back 99% would have go to America. Not anymore, things change , everyone moved forward.
And even 99% is a stretch .

The USD strong as it is , the Petro Dollar. It is a pragmatic choice to move to the United States legally or illegally.

You are being too optimistic about those people dreaming to go to the United States. I can honestly say , after Trump, people really don't dream that often.

Here is the key, as much as you love your country and proud of it which I applaud you for your patriotism. Sometimes you live long enough to become the villian. And villians live long enough to know their mistakes and change for the better. ^_^
Mar 30 2023 11:34am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 30 2023 12:27pm)
I would agree with you 20 to 30 years back 99% would have go to America. Not anymore, things change , everyone moved forward.
And even 99% is a stretch .

The USD strong as it is , the Petro Dollar. It is a pragmatic choice to move to the United States legally or illegally.

You are being too optimistic about those people dreaming to go to the United States. I can honestly say , after Trump, people really don't dream that often.

Here is the key, as much as you love your country and proud of it which I applaud you for your patriotism. Sometimes you live long enough to become the villian. And villians live long enough to know their mistakes and change for the better. ^_^

we were the villain for Iraq, then we pulled out of Iraq because no one wanted to be there, and we somehow became the villain for pulling out.

when you're on top it doesnt matter what you do, people hate on you. the US has been lucky enough to be on top for 100+ years. before that it was Prussia, Spain, England, France, etc all exchanging blows and the top spot. and every time one was on top others allied to bring them down. the US is now in a spot where realistically we could almost fight the entire globe all at once in a conventional arms battle, so of course we gets hated on.

but like ive always said, US = bad, Russia = worse. same applies to china, iran, North Korea, and just about every other top US hating nation in the entire world. we are bad, we do bad things, but from a moral standpoint its clear as day that everyone else is worse for worse goals. every other nation seeks not only to dominate globally but to do so with almost no thought at all for the citizenry of their own nation. that's a problem for the US too, but its a base design parameter for other nations. china cant be anything but authoritarian, russia either. neither has the option to be democratic or they'll collapse. short term gains in quality of life may have alleviated some desire to move to the US but in time the people will come to understand, if they're allowed to, the error of the regimes they now praise.
Mar 30 2023 11:45am
Quote (thesnipa @ 31 Mar 2023 01:34)
we were the villain for Iraq, then we pulled out of Iraq because no one wanted to be there, and we somehow became the villain for pulling out.

when you're on top it doesnt matter what you do, people hate on you. the US has been lucky enough to be on top for 100+ years. before that it was Prussia, Spain, England, France, etc all exchanging blows and the top spot. and every time one was on top others allied to bring them down. the US is now in a spot where realistically we could almost fight the entire globe all at once in a conventional arms battle, so of course we gets hated on.

but like ive always said, US = bad, Russia = worse. same applies to china, iran, North Korea, and just about every other top US hating nation in the entire world. we are bad, we do bad things, but from a moral standpoint its clear as day that everyone else is worse for worse goals. every other nation seeks not only to dominate globally but to do so with almost no thought at all for the citizenry of their own nation. that's a problem for the US too, but its a base design parameter for other nations. china cant be anything but authoritarian, russia either. neither has the option to be democratic or they'll collapse. short term gains in quality of life may have alleviated some desire to move to the US but in time the people will come to understand, if they're allowed to, the error of the regimes they now praise.

I actually don't think USA is bad per say. I mean it is what it is.

By the way If we are talking about Iraq / Afghanistan and Vietnam . As much as people think it is objectively evil . Not to mention Arab Spring and Central America.

We in South East Asia have to thank you for Vietnam and Iraq / Afghan and the Chinese are for thankful for you getting involved in the Second Iraq War and Afghan occupation.
Now this is the truth, and they honestly thank you for it. Not a snide remark at all.

You don't get hated on because " realistically " you can take on the whole world. You get hated on because of interference and your government trying to put herself on a moralistic high ground when she is not.
Sort of like practice what you preach kinda thing.

You just look at your domestic issues right now and look at all those debates on Pard. You have a problem.

Furthermore when it comes to Asia especially China and India. They look at history and they look at what you did to Japan. They are not going to like you very much. And when I said what you did to Japan , I am not talking about the Atomic Bombs and WW2.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1202122232426Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll