d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1202122232479Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 6 2012 02:00pm
Quote (FriedrichNietzsche)
Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of “world history,” but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die. One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened.

This.

Quote (MyEnemy @ Apr 6 2012 02:59pm)
I understand perfectly the idea that you're trying to convey.  I understand it so much that I can see how it is flawed and ludicrous.  I challenge you to really try and figure out how smart you really are.  Think about what kind of scores you got on standardized tests, what kind of grades you got in school, try and realize that you're in fact an idiot.  The audacity to think you can prove god through petty word games and out of context interpretations of science would be insulting to such a deity if he did in fact exist and is absolutely detrimental to the intellectual growth of mankind.  You are a witch burner, you're the men who killed other men for saying the earth isn't the center of the universe.  Your disgusting desire to place absolutes shackles mankind's desire for knowledge and understanding and you should be ashamed at how horrible of a pox you are upon this planet.  I wish you swift death and hope your filthy sermons never fall on the ears of someone unlucky enough o be corrupted by them.

Daaaaaaaammmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 6 2012 02:01pm
Gold: 152.00
Apr 6 2012 03:37pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Apr 6 2012 03:47pm)
So, what you are saying is that matter always was, with no cause.  Then there is a little thing called scientific law. 

So, how did the scientific laws such as gravity, inertia, ect. evolve with no God?

So you believe that matter contradicted scientific law by existing without a creator?  No matter if the matter had a beginning or not, it's contradicting to scientific law for it to exist in the first place.

Scientific law has nothing to say about causality. Learn basics imo.
Gold: 186.16
Apr 6 2012 09:47pm
Quote (balrog66 @ Apr 6 2012 07:53pm)
Scienctific laws are just the explanations we have for how the universe behaves. It does not dictate how the universe should be, it just expresses how the universe is.

They couldn't exist on their own, just as matter cannot exist on it's own.
Apr 6 2012 09:48pm
Quote (balrog66 @ Apr 6 2012 07:50pm)
Science does not dictate that there should be a creator.

Yes it does.
Apr 6 2012 09:49pm
Quote (asdfasdf119 @ Apr 6 2012 07:50pm)
This. Matter and energy were never created. They are here, have been here, and will always be here, to infinity in both directions.

Existence does not need cause or validation. It is merely existence itself. I exist therefore I exist therefore I exist. There is no cause for it.

That goes against the laws of science. So kindly explain to me how matter and energy can be self existant, contrary to the laws of science?
Apr 6 2012 09:55pm
check below

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Apr 6 2012 09:56pm
Apr 6 2012 09:56pm
No, what I have done is show that matter and energy cannot exist on their own. They must have been created by an all powerful God who exists outside of space and time and has power over the laws of the Universe. It's interesting that that's how the bible describes God. As far as I know, they didn't know about those laws thousands of years ago.

Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Re 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The point is that man isn't able to create anything and nothing is able to exist on it's own. Only God could have created it.

Gold: 10.00
Apr 6 2012 11:20pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Apr 6 2012 11:56pm)
No, what I have done is show that matter and energy cannot exist on their own.  They must have been created by an all powerful God who exists outside of space and time and has power over the laws of the Universe.  It's interesting that that's how the bible describes God.  As far as I know, they didn't know about those laws thousands of years ago. 

Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Re 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The point is that man isn't able to create anything and nothing is able to exist on it's own.  Only God could have created it.

"Conservation of Energy and Thermodynamics laws state that matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed." If it can't be created, God can't create it or else he would be violating a a scientific law that is inviolable.

Show me what scientific law is it contrary to, word for word quoted from a science textbook. You show a complete lack of understanding for causality.

You have never shown how matter and energy cannot exist on their own. Nor as to exactly why they must have been created.

This post was edited by asdfasdf119 on Apr 6 2012 11:21pm
Gold: 790.00
Apr 7 2012 01:26am
Quote (MyEnemy @ Apr 6 2012 02:59pm)
I understand perfectly the idea that you're trying to convey. I understand it so much that I can see how it is flawed and ludicrous. I challenge you to really try and figure out how smart you really are. Think about what kind of scores you got on standardized tests, what kind of grades you got in school, try and realize that you're in fact an idiot. The audacity to think you can prove god through petty word games and out of context interpretations of science would be insulting to such a deity if he did in fact exist and is absolutely detrimental to the intellectual growth of mankind. You are a witch burner, you're the men who killed other men for saying the earth isn't the center of the universe. Your disgusting desire to place absolutes shackles mankind's desire for knowledge and understanding and you should be ashamed at how horrible of a pox you are upon this planet. I wish you swift death and hope your filthy sermons never fall on the ears of someone unlucky enough to be corrupted by them.

gds

was np rly
Apr 7 2012 09:21pm
Quote (asdfasdf119 @ Apr 7 2012 05:20am)
"Conservation of Energy and Thermodynamics laws state that matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed." If it can't be created, God can't create it or else he would be violating a a scientific law that is inviolable.

Show me what scientific law is it contrary to, word for word quoted from a science textbook. You show a complete lack of understanding for causality.

You have never shown how matter and energy cannot exist on their own. Nor as to exactly why they must have been created.

God CAN violate these laws since He created them and everything that exists. No one else can because ALL else in this physical world exists within these laws. God does not.

Matter and Energy cannot exist on their own because it is impossible to create or destroy matter. That's why. It's pretty easy to figure out. They CANNOT exist because they CANNOT be created. They couldn't be self existent. They MUST have a cause. God is that cause.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1202122232479Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll