d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1209220932094209520963169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 6 2018 08:16am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 5 2018 08:19pm)
If the Democrats wish to abandon values and lose track of what they supposedly stand for they deserve to lose.

Moderates are plenty happy to vote for a strong Democratic party with integrity and a positive message that is inclusive

People are not the enemy policies that hurt people are the enemy

offer better policies with a positive message

be informed, be compassionate, be welcoming

Fight Trump and his team like they fight and Democrats will continue to lose

Fight for the poor and fight for opportunity without getting obsessed with identity politics and using and then tossing aside different community flavors of the week and younger candidates will win and they will lead

or keep losing to the republicans

I was legitimately mad when O'Malley lost because thats what he would have been
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 6 2018 08:34am
Quote (Beowulf @ 6 Jul 2018 16:06)
Who is taking off right now in our political climate?

Sensible people are rapidly growing their audiences. The shapiros of the world and all the intellectual dark web whatevers that they jokingly call themselves. The sky is always falling to some but there is still reason and the reasonable out there.

Yeah some days it's pretty scary but this isn't anything we as a country cannot pull together. The YouTube clips and the media sensationalism and the shitty internet comments do not tell the whole story of the people in this country.

Many love the drama and the entertainment but a less loud many still crave those true intellectual debates of ideas without the kardashian frosting on top. The moderates are not extinct and they are still politically powerful and we will see another president in the coming years that draws them in and inspires them and wins and that President won't be extreme or negative in their presentation.

your optimism is admirable, but I cannot share it. the GOP under Trump is increasingly "embracing the dark side", and the democrats are following them with increasing extremism of ideas and tone of their own.

2020 will be something like Trump vs Gillibrand/Harris, and it's gonna be UUUUUGLY!
if trump wins reelection, the democrats will probably field a candidate in the mold of She Guevara in 2024; if Gillibrand or Harris win in 2020, I dont even wanna imagine the GOP candidate in 2024...
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 6 2018 08:49am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 6 2018 07:34am)
your optimism is admirable, but I cannot share it. the GOP under Trump is increasingly "embracing the dark side", and the democrats are following them with increasing extremism of ideas and tone of their own.

2020 will be something like Trump vs Gillibrand/Harris, and it's gonna be UUUUUGLY!
if trump wins reelection, the democrats will probably field a candidate in the mold of She Guevara in 2024; if Gillibrand or Harris win in 2020, I dont even wanna imagine the GOP candidate in 2024...

The young country has come far and overcome worse than this to get here. We are better today as a whole than we have ever been. The internet and 24 hour news amplifies the negative and our flaws but we will prove to be better than that in the long run. We have proven that over the decades. With the internet and news comes a perk, accountability. We will become stronger and better from it. Our politics our treatment of people our policing we will continue to improve and what we face now will not stop that.

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 6 2018 10:18am
This Beowulf guy is literally the dog-guy in the fire "this is fine" meme.

Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 6 2018 10:06am)
Who is taking off right now in our political climate?

Sensible people are rapidly growing their audiences. The shapiros of the world and all the intellectual dark web whatevers that they jokingly call themselves. The sky is always falling to some but there is still reason and the reasonable out there.

Yeah some days it's pretty scary but this isn't anything we as a country cannot pull together. The YouTube clips and the media sensationalism and the shitty internet comments do not tell the whole story of the people in this country.

Many love the drama and the entertainment but a less loud many still crave those true intellectual debates of ideas without the kardashian frosting on top. The moderates are not extinct and they are still politically powerful and we will see another president in the coming years that draws them in and inspires them and wins and that President won't be extreme or negative in their presentation.

what?
The list of G.O.P. (and Democrat) moderates with power is extremely short and limited right now...
Jul 6 2018 10:27am
Quote (Horford @ Jul 6 2018 09:18am)

The world doesn't end with 4 years of Donald Trump or 8

If you think moderates are not incredibly important going forward you are mistaken

Quote (Horford @ Jul 6 2018 09:18am)

Aren't you Canadian or something or do I have you mistaken?

Keep acting like it's the end of the world and sacrificing productive and pragmatic optimism for the opportunity to generalize and exaggerate and watch the Democrats continue to lose

Trump isn't weaker than a couple of years ago he is stronger and people will continue to side with him if the left continues what you want to see them do.
Jul 6 2018 10:44am
no i'm not canadian, though I do live in a state that shares a border w/ Canada.

Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 6 2018 12:27pm)
The world doesn't end with 4 years of Donald Trump or 8

If you think moderates are not incredibly important going forward you are mistaken

Never said the world was going to end... just democracy as we know it. I wonder if you'll be singing the same tune when Ivanka is president in 2024, because that could absolutely happen if Democrats don't get their heads out of their asses and start trying something out of the ordinary, not this "compassion" bullshit you speak of, compassion doesn't stop fascists/nazis.
and again, are you referring to elected govt. officials, or moderate voters?? because the moderates that are in the senate/congress right now have absolutely no power.
Jul 6 2018 10:46am
Quote (Horford @ Jul 6 2018 09:44am)
no i'm not canadian, though I do live in a state that shares a border w/ Canada.

Never said the world was going to end... just democracy as we know it. I wonder if you'll be singing the same tune when Ivanka is president in 2024, because that could absolutely happen if Democrats don't get their heads out of their asses and start trying something out of the ordinary, not this "compassion" bullshit you speak of, compassion doesn't stop fascists/nazis.
and again, are you referring to elected govt. officials, or moderate voters?? because the moderates that are in the senate/congress right now have absolutely no power.

that's what's gonna get you your Ivanka 2024 right there
Gold: 2,009.99
Jul 6 2018 10:47am
Quote (Horford @ Jul 6 2018 11:44am)
I wonder if you'll be singing the same tune when Ivanka is president in 2024, because that could absolutely happen

Jul 6 2018 10:54am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Jul 6 2018 12:47pm)
https://media.giphy.com/media/Pgy4Na8aRyBuE/giphy.gif

irony, considering you'd probably vote for her.
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 6 2018 12:46pm)
https://media.giphy.com/media/LHrVYNAqPuvJu/giphy.gif

that's what's gonna get you your Ivanka 2024 right there

are you incapable of answering my questions or something?

I think you fail to realize trump cultists/the uninformed G.O.P. vote against their own interests in a lot of cases because they are so infatuated with Trumps anti-immigrant, white-nationalists, america-first rhetoric. regular tactics don't work against the current G.O.P. and people like you haven't seemed to learn that yet which is why I think Trump will get re-elected right now as it stands.
Gold: 14,949.00
Jul 6 2018 11:00am
Quote (Horford @ Jul 6 2018 11:54am)
irony, considering you'd probably vote for her.

are you incapable of answering my questions or something?

I think you fail to realize trump cultists/the uninformed G.O.P. vote against their own interests in a lot of cases because they are so infatuated with Trumps anti-immigrant, white-nationalists, america-first rhetoric. regular tactics don't work against the current G.O.P. and people like you haven't seemed to learn that yet which is why I think Trump will get re-elected right now as it stands.

:thumbsup:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1209220932094209520963169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll