d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1208209210211212307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.00
Jul 30 2023 03:30pm
Would you agree that even if the original texts were purely authored by divinity, those same texts would be subject to corruption if mistreated? Aren’t the people of this world all uniquely operating under free will? Are we not aware of the corruption that has consistently been established among rulers for all of recorded history?

Would you agree that even that which is sensible can be made unreasonable if mistranslated or misinterpreted? Would you agree that others could spread gossip about you even if untrue, that gossip alone could create controversy regarding your character?

A mirror reflects light, however a dirty mirror will no longer reflect that light in its pure form. Is this an issue with the light or the mirror?

Consider the story of Moses and Socrates as a parallel to one another. The reputation of Moses was very despicable and known as a murderer, the Egyptians hated him. Socrates was well known and respected in Greece as a wise philosopher. Yet Moses established laws and ordinances which transformed the way of life led in Israel. Socrates had traveled to Syria hoping to acquire the knowledge he heard of about the oneness of God and the immortality of mans spirit. He then returned to Greece and preached these teachings, the people of that land rose up in opposition to him, accused him of falsehoods, arraigned him before the court, and condemned him to death by poison.

Now how could a lowly shepherd who had long lived as a fugitive accomplish all that which a great philosopher could not? Moses was known as a stammerer before his great feats were recorded. What stammerer could achieve 1/1000 of what Moses achieved with the Israelites?

The materialistic thinkers, the Greek philosophers, and the great men of Rome who became renowned in the world were each versed in all but one branch of learning. Galen and Hippocrates were celebrated for their skill in medicine, Aristotle in logic and speculative reasoning, and Plato in ethics and divine philosophy. How can a mere shepherd and stammerer lay the foundation for all these branches of learning? There is no doubt that He was assisted by an extraordinary power.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 30 2023 08:46pm
Quote (MildSambal @ Jul 31 2023 09:30am)
Would you agree that even if the original texts were purely authored by divinity, those same texts would be subject to corruption if mistreated? Aren’t the people of this world all uniquely operating under free will? Are we not aware of the corruption that has consistently been established among rulers for all of recorded history?

Would you agree that even that which is sensible can be made unreasonable if mistranslated or misinterpreted? Would you agree that others could spread gossip about you even if untrue, that gossip alone could create controversy regarding your character?

A mirror reflects light, however a dirty mirror will no longer reflect that light in its pure form. Is this an issue with the light or the mirror?

Consider the story of Moses and Socrates as a parallel to one another. The reputation of Moses was very despicable and known as a murderer, the Egyptians hated him. Socrates was well known and respected in Greece as a wise philosopher. Yet Moses established laws and ordinances which transformed the way of life led in Israel. Socrates had traveled to Syria hoping to acquire the knowledge he heard of about the oneness of God and the immortality of mans spirit. He then returned to Greece and preached these teachings, the people of that land rose up in opposition to him, accused him of falsehoods, arraigned him before the court, and condemned him to death by poison.

Now how could a lowly shepherd who had long lived as a fugitive accomplish all that which a great philosopher could not? Moses was known as a stammerer before his great feats were recorded. What stammerer could achieve 1/1000 of what Moses achieved with the Israelites?

The materialistic thinkers, the Greek philosophers, and the great men of Rome who became renowned in the world were each versed in all but one branch of learning. Galen and Hippocrates were celebrated for their skill in medicine, Aristotle in logic and speculative reasoning, and Plato in ethics and divine philosophy. How can a mere shepherd and stammerer lay the foundation for all these branches of learning? There is no doubt that He was assisted by an extraordinary power.

I don't agree that the original text were authored by divinity because there is no proof and or incredibly weak arguments for it that i can see. You asking how Moses could accomplish magical feats and pave the foundations for the likes of Socrates and Aristotle.
Simple answer his magic tricks never happened or were greatly exaggerated. How do you spend 40 years in a desert with all that wisdom and magical powers and having "God" on your side and not get to your destination that's a few days walk? This Moses guy is literally the worst navigator in history.

Most of the bible wisdom including 10 commandments are just copy paste or reworded wisdoms from other religions or sages. Even if Moses was a wise guy doesn't mean God was involved in any way. If you think that makes guys like Moses automatically divine because of wisdom then you have to give concessions to every other sage and religious wise guy, even including crack heads that sometimes spit out snippets of wisdom beyond their expected capacity.

Gold: 0.00
Jul 31 2023 02:09am
Quote (addone @ Jul 31 2023 07:03am)
Clicked one link question being asked what's the point of wisdom?
Then a wall of text of simping confirmation bias and circular logic.

Even if you asked remotely challenging questions such as is God real or how is bible credible or is magic real? Your already convinced mind will just go into a loop ofc God is real because in this one 2000 year book a dirt farmer from middle east who spent 3 full days underwater inside a fish stomach told me he is real duh!.....

This is equivalent of presidential debate a moderator asking biden what flavour of ice-cream he likes. Real challenging and not simping :bonk:

Tell me you're avoiding the question without telling me you're avoiding the question.

You also never answered if I'm saved since I'm donating everything I have, which is 0.00 FG.
Gold: 50.00
Jul 31 2023 07:01am
Quote (addone @ Jul 30 2023 09:46pm)
I don't agree that the original text were authored by divinity because there is no proof and or incredibly weak arguments for it that i can see. You asking how Moses could accomplish magical feats and pave the foundations for the likes of Socrates and Aristotle.
Simple answer his magic tricks never happened or were greatly exaggerated. How do you spend 40 years in a desert with all that wisdom and magical powers and having "God" on your side and not get to your destination that's a few days walk? This Moses guy is literally the worst navigator in history.

https://i.ibb.co/BzVz8dV/images-5.jpg

Most of the bible wisdom including 10 commandments are just copy paste or reworded wisdoms from other religions or sages. Even if Moses was a wise guy doesn't mean God was involved in any way. If you think that makes guys like Moses automatically divine because of wisdom then you have to give concessions to every other sage and religious wise guy, even including crack heads that sometimes spit out snippets of wisdom beyond their expected capacity.

The duration of the travel was not due to physical constraints. In short, the journey was constantly delayed because the Israelites were struggling to abandon their brainwashing. Think of it like how a drug addict can be aware of the fact their addiction is hurtful to themselves but relapses into the cycle. The Israelites were deeply conditioned by the Egyptians and that is why they kept relapsing into what was comfortable for them. Before reaching the Promised Land To this day people do all kinds of things that they are fully aware is bad for them yet keep doing it for decades.

Beyond the psychological impact, the Israelites at that time didn’t believe that they could defeat the giant men who were on the Promised Land. It wasn’t until the generation filled with disbelievers died out that the Israelites slayed their enemies to claim the Promised Land.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 31 2023 11:56am
Quote (MildSambal @ Jul 31 2023 06:01am)
The duration of the travel was not due to physical constraints. In short, the journey was constantly delayed because the Israelites were struggling to abandon their brainwashing. Think of it like how a drug addict can be aware of the fact their addiction is hurtful to themselves but relapses into the cycle. The Israelites were deeply conditioned by the Egyptians and that is why they kept relapsing into what was comfortable for them. Before reaching the Promised Land To this day people do all kinds of things that they are fully aware is bad for them yet keep doing it for decades.

Beyond the psychological impact, the Israelites at that time didn’t believe that they could defeat the giant men who were on the Promised Land. It wasn’t until the generation filled with disbelievers died out that the Israelites slayed their enemies to claim the Promised Land.

but thats just stuff one figures out if they read the scripture. cant expect op to be that reasonable never mind the title of the thread
Gold: 80,771.69
Jul 31 2023 03:53pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Jul 31 2023 12:56pm)
but thats just stuff one figures out if they read the scripture. cant expect op to be that reasonable never mind the title of the thread

i figured out that a person could be living testimony and that scripture could be used to deny that agency like the scribes and pharisees did when they met "jesus" in the flesh

ya no the creator wouldnt have gone around waving a bible, did the bible say he did?

the word of god was a creational command or will, not something you buy in the dollar store and romanticize, unfortunately

Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 31 2023 07:50pm
Quote (lodd222 @ Jul 31 2023 02:53pm)
i figured out that a person could be living testimony and that scripture could be used to deny that agency like the scribes and pharisees did when they met "jesus" in the flesh

ya no the creator wouldnt have gone around waving a bible, did the bible say he did?

the word of god was a creational command or will, not something you buy in the dollar store and romanticize, unfortunately

he didnt?
Aug 1 2023 12:53am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 31 2023 08:09pm)
Tell me you're avoiding the question without telling me you're avoiding the question.

You also never answered if I'm saved since I'm donating everything I have, which is 0.00 FG.

I did answer. Re-read my question then my response to you once more there is a few key words you definitively missed.

No one has 0. Otherwise you wouldn't be alive even tribals in remote jungles of amazon have shiny rocks and sticks to barter with. You don't live on FG do you? Your weak strawman attempts and illiteracy has been noted thanks for stopping by.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 1 2023 01:35am
Quote (addone @ Aug 1 2023 04:53pm)
I did answer. Re-read my question then my response to you once more there is a few key words you definitively missed.

No one has 0. Otherwise you wouldn't be alive even tribals in remote jungles of amazon have shiny rocks and sticks to barter with. You don't live on FG do you? Your weak strawman attempts and illiteracy has been noted thanks for stopping by.

I re-read your question and then your response to me once more and I still came to the same conclusion: tell me you're avoiding the question without telling me you're avoiding the question.

I may not have 0 now but I remember a time when I did. I'm thinking of those who are in the same situation that I was once in. Or can you, or your napkin god, not fathom somebody having 0 or having no control over the budget?

I see your problem is that you simply refuse to see the ugly side of things. You've probably never walked in the city and seen the homeless people. You've never had to care for someone who is unable to care for themselves. This is why you can't fathom such things because you've never seen or witnessed them.
Aug 1 2023 03:39am
Quote (CPK001 @ Aug 1 2023 07:35pm)
I re-read your question and then your response to me once more and I still came to the same conclusion: tell me you're avoiding the question without telling me you're avoiding the question.

I may not have 0 now but I remember a time when I did. I'm thinking of those who are in the same situation that I was once in. Or can you, or your napkin god, not fathom somebody having 0 or having no control over the budget?

I see your problem is that you simply refuse to see the ugly side of things. You've probably never walked in the city and seen the homeless people. You've never had to care for someone who is unable to care for themselves. This is why you can't fathom such things because you've never seen or witnessed them.

Give a percent of your posessions/money to the napkin God. Very simple instruction. I didn't say a specific amount, said nothing about FG, never mentioned other people, there is no time limits mentioned, no mention of frequency of payment, not even a mode how its done yet here you are making up all the bullshit excuses and putting up strawmans.

You have a compulsive need to overcomplicate over analyze everything dont you? Ironic you don't scrutinize your religion in such manner. My guess is you were a weakling in a depressive state of mind. And the church did an emotional sell on you instead of rational one. So now you are resisting any such inquiry. Like when your grandma makes some disguisting dinner but you don't have the balls to tell her otherwise. You are willing to lie to her and justify yourself that her cooking tastes good.

Same way you are justifying that your belief in this Santa like God think is real.
It's not.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1208209210211212307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll