d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1208020812082208320843169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 3 2018 09:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 3 2018 10:26pm)

Triggered
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 3 2018 11:27pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 3 Jul 2018 20:42)
Trump never said innocent peaceful protesters are morally equivalent to white nationalists, nor were the only people there on the other sides 'white nationalists'.
Here is what he actually said:

later in the interview:

Its a completely honest question inquiring about the fundamental position that you are coming from.

As far as I can tell the answer is a combination of both.
You are playing fast and loose with what trump actually said both from an ideologically advantageous preference and a sincere ignorance of some of what was actually said, likely due to the way it was portrayed in the media and having little interest in trying to actually understand what he said and why.
You also have an SJW penchant for being quick to use 'racist and fascist' falsely, and intentionally belittling/ignoring the actions and presence of antifa to make his comments seem terrible when the truth is obscured.

As to the extent of antifa in charlottesville:

Recognizing and criticizing a very real group of very violent counter-protestors is not racist. Stop equating criticism of antifa with racism. Its wrong and morally objectionable.

I remember how the event and Trump's reaction played out in real time, but it is useful to see the transcript of what he specifically said, so I appreciate you posting that.

My general interpretation of the President's response is this: Trump initially drew an equivalencecy between the two sides of protestors, backtracked on those comments the next day due to public backlash, but then re-iterated his initial sentiment on the issue on the third day.

I believe a key determinant to this discussion is this: what percentage of the protestors were members of antifa and/or violent and what percentage of the people on the right subscribed to ideals of white nationalism or similar ideology?

The exact answers to those questions might never be known, but perhaps there is some sort of information or data collection out there on the subject that might shed some more light on the topic. I'm not sure.

While I do acknowledge antifa was present at the event and condemn their actions, my overall interpretation of the event was that there were far more white nationalists than members of antifa at the "Unite the Right" rally. Additionally, the only casualty of the event came at the hands of a member who generally subscribed to white nationalist ideals.

These are some of the reason why I found Trump's equivalence of the groups to be false and also racially motivated considering the context of his previous statements and political behavior.

Lastly, fascism is not a term I throw around lightly, and I'd like to see your opinion on my previous post in which I outlined some tenants of fascism ideology that I believe has been represented in Trump's public statements and political behavior.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 4 2018 07:32am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 4 2018 12:27am)
I remember how the event and Trump's reaction played out in real time, but it is useful to see the transcript of what he specifically said, so I appreciate you posting that.

My general interpretation of the President's response is this: Trump initially drew an equivalencecy between the two sides of protestors, backtracked on those comments the next day due to public backlash, but then re-iterated his initial sentiment on the issue on the third day.

I believe a key determinant to this discussion is this: what percentage of the protestors were members of antifa and/or violent and what percentage of the people on the right subscribed to ideals of white nationalism or similar ideology?

The exact answers to those questions might never be known, but perhaps there is some sort of information or data collection out there on the subject that might shed some more light on the topic. I'm not sure.

While I do acknowledge antifa was present at the event and condemn their actions, my overall interpretation of the event was that there were far more white nationalists than members of antifa at the "Unite the Right" rally. Additionally, the only casualty of the event came at the hands of a member who generally subscribed to white nationalist ideals.

These are some of the reason why I found Trump's equivalence of the groups to be false and also racially motivated considering the context of his previous statements and political behavior.

Lastly, fascism is not a term I throw around lightly, and I'd like to see your opinion on my previous post in which I outlined some tenants of fascism ideology that I believe has been represented in Trump's public statements and political behavior.

Yell at coffee tables outside of jsp too Alex?

lol.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 4 2018 09:11am

Laura Ingraham, a Trump cultist host on Fox News and talk radio, retweeting Alex Jones.

The merging of conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones with more mainstream people like Laura is really troubling. The "deep state" nonsense is just a reframed expression of Alex's "New World Order". The Trump right would be much more legitimate if they didn't endorse such nonsense.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 4 2018 09:15am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 4 2018 08:11am)
http://i65.tinypic.com/20qnrjb.png

Laura Ingraham, a Trump cultist host on Fox News and talk radio, retweeting Alex Jones.

The merging of conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones with more mainstream people like Laura is really troubling. The "deep state" nonsense is just a reframed expression of Alex's "New World Order". The Trump right would be much more legitimate if they didn't endorse such nonsense.

Laura and Hannity have full on embraced it which is odd but not surprising

Will we see this happen to Shapiro in another decade?
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 4 2018 09:20am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 4 2018 10:15am)

It's disappointing because Trump's populist positions on immigration and trade are legitimate, but then his primary media defenders go in full retard mode.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 4 2018 09:32am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 4 2018 11:15am)

I doubt it. Shapiro loves to rip people apart on all sides of the aisle
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 4 2018 03:27pm
Michael Avenatti says he'll run in 2020 if Trump seeks re-election, but "only if he thinks there isn't another candidate that could beat the president". Per Politico.

I can see it now. Avenatti/Arnold 2020.

Popcorn.jpg

Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 4 2018 03:46pm
Quote (Horford @ Jul 4 2018 02:27pm)
Michael Avenatti says he'll run in 2020 if Trump seeks re-election, but "only if he thinks there isn't another candidate that could beat the president". Per Politico.

I can see it now. Avenatti/Arnold 2020.

Popcorn.jpg

Avenatti is weaksauce outside of being used by msm and worshiped by Trump haters

Lots of dirt already on him and will be more and he isn't nonstick like Trump is

He's pulling a Trump in his own personal/professional life but he wouldn't make it far and if he does will get stomped
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 4 2018 03:50pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 4 2018 05:46pm)
Avenatti is weaksauce outside of being used by msm and worshiped by Trump haters

Lots of dirt already on him and will be more and he isn't nonstick like Trump is

He's pulling a Trump in his own personal/professional life but he wouldn't make it far and if he does will get stomped

He just wants to debate Donald Trump, that's probably his biggest motivation in running. Like you said, Avenatti's got dirt on him (though to be fair, probably less than the current POTUS) but in a post-Trump world i don't think that's that's very relevant anymore...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1208020812082208320843169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll