d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1206520662067206820693169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 28 2018 05:18pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 28 2018 06:17pm)
I'm def team #Rothenstein on this one

I haven't seen a nerd this badass since 80's cinema

I'm looking forward to his memoir after this is all over.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 28 2018 05:46pm
Quote (IceMage @ 29 Jun 2018 01:08)
Why?

I think everyone wishes Mueller would get done, but the investigation is going to take as long as it needs to take. It's not a simple investigation, and special counsel investigations in the past have gone on far longer.

Gowdy already agreed that the Russia investigation was legitimate, and Mueller's not going to release evidence just to keep Americans and their politicians interested. He'll finish the investigation when it's appropriate. The day before he got appointed everybody in Washington thought of him as a great American with integrity who is extremely capable. Let him do his job.

(I'm assuming you weren't being sarcastic)

the mueller investigation dragging on and on and on would be much less of an issue if it werent such a heavily politicized investigation.

like.... imagine Mueller goes public one day after the 2020 election and says "sorry guys, it was all a huge nothingburger" - this would be gigantic fuel to various conspiracy theories about the "deep state", and it would be a huge blow to the reputation of the fbi and the DoJ among at least half the population.

I'm not saying that Mueller should be forced to show all his cards just yet, but I think it's time for him to show us at least something that justifies keeping the investigation going on.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 28 2018 05:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 28 2018 04:46pm)
the mueller investigation dragging on and on and on would be much less of an issue if it werent such a heavily politicized investigation.

like.... imagine Mueller goes public one day after the 2020 election and says "sorry guys, it was all a huge nothingburger" - this would be gigantic fuel to various conspiracy theories about the "deep state", and it would be a huge blow to the reputation of the fbi and the DoJ among at least half the population.

I'm not saying that Mueller should be forced to show all his cards just yet, but I think it's time for him to show us at least something that justifies keeping the investigation going on.

How long did Benghazi go on? How did that end? was that heavily politicized?

Many of the same people for that are now wailing about this younger investigation by reputable and fully capable investigators that has actually resulted in legal trouble for multiple people already around the president
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 28 2018 05:54pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 28 2018 07:51pm)

Many of the same people for that are now wailing about this younger investigation by reputable and fully capable investigators that has actually resulted in legal trouble for multiple people already around the president

Eric Holder admitted that he didnt do his job properly. That alone is a SUBSTANTIAL difference between the two
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 28 2018 05:58pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 28 2018 06:46pm)

It's become hyper politicized because the president and his minions in the congress and media focus on it every day. If they were to just adopt the strategy of letting Mueller do his job, we wouldn't see as many headlines of it, because only certain scoops and court filings/indictments would attract media attention.

Your example doesn't make any sense. Mueller wouldn't want to present his findings right before an election as per DOJ policy. If he's about done close to an election, he'll wait til sometime afterwards. The day after would obviously be silly. Not to mention that whatever the outcome, if Congressional Republicans control their houses, they'll be investigating this investigation for years.

Mueller has already indicted more people than many other high profile politically relevant investigations at this point. There's just no serious legal rationale for him to not continue his investigation.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 28 2018 05:59pm
Jun 28 2018 06:05pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 29 Jun 2018 01:51)

Many of the same people for that are now wailing about this younger investigation

Benghazi also went on way too long. Politicizing the Benghazi investigation and beating the dead horse was a mistake, and it shouldnt be repeated with the Russia investigation.
But I agree that there is a lot of hypocrisy going on.

that has actually resulted in legal trouble for multiple people already around the president

Manafort et al. got indicted for charges which are unrelated to the Trump campaign and are far outside of the original scope/intention of the Mueller investigation.
Manafort is a scumbag and a very shady businessman, and he deserves to rot in prison. Fine. But the things for which he will likely go to prison have nothing to do with collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.
Hence, Manafort's indictment - which I'm using as an example for my broader point - does not add meat to the scope of the Mueller investigation and therefore does not justify it. Send some prosecutors with a specialization in money laundering after him, but dont waste everyone's time and resources by having a special counsel go after a case like this.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 28 2018 06:05pm
Jun 28 2018 06:19pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 28 2018 05:05pm)
Benghazi also went on way too long. Politicizing the Benghazi investigation and beating the dead horse was a mistake, and it shouldnt be repeated with the Russia investigation.
But I agree that there is some hypocrisy going on.

Manafort et al. got indicted for charges which are unrelated to the Trump campaign and are far outside of the original scope/intention of the Mueller investigation.
Manafort is a scumbag and a very shady businessman, and he deserves to rot in prison. Fine. But the things for which he will likely go to prison have nothing to do with collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.
Hence, Manafort's indictment - which I'm using as an example for my broader point - does not add meat to the scope of the Mueller investigation and therefore does not justify it. Send some prosecutors with a specialization in money laundering after him, but dont waste everyone's time and resources by having a special counsel go after a case like this.

I've actually said for a long time I'd be surprised if they stick anything to Trump including obstruction but I'm also supportive of the investigation being throughout and will accept the findings not cry because it doesn't go my way (I have no way since this isn't political to me as a person it's an investigation)

Trump should have just cooperated and let this thing play out. In the long run doing that will prove to be the better smarter choice for him if he is innocent. He made this a well publicized war and he's getting what he brought on himself.

Trump has so many things in his favor, he gets so much benefit of the doubt from his supporters, he gets excused for so many lies and for such terrible behavior he didn't need the war on this issue, they are fired up about plenty already

The obstruction wouldn't have ever been an issue but now it's relevant because of him, he very well may be innocent but he has yet to act like it
Jun 28 2018 06:43pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 29 Jun 2018 02:19)
I've actually said for a long time I'd be surprised if they stick anything to Trump including obstruction but I'm also supportive of the investigation being throughout and will accept the findings not cry because it doesn't go my way (I have no way since this isn't political to me as a person it's an investigation)

Trump should have just cooperated and let this thing play out. In the long run doing that will prove to be the better smarter choice for him if he is innocent. He made this a well publicized war and he's getting what he brought on himself.

Trump has so many things in his favor, he gets so much benefit of the doubt from his supporters, he gets excused for so many lies and for such terrible behavior he didn't need the war on this issue, they are fired up about plenty already

The obstruction wouldn't have ever been an issue but now it's relevant because of him, he very well may be innocent but he has yet to act like it

You're assuming that - if he's innocent and had fully cooperated with the investigation - then he would have come out of it unscathed and fully acquitted. I have to disagree with this assumption.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 28 2018 06:44pm
Jun 28 2018 06:56pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 28 2018 05:43pm)
You're assuming that - if he's innocent and had fully cooperated with the investigation - then he would have come out of it unscathed and fully acquitted. I have to disagree with this assumption.

I'd put confidence in an honest investigation with accurate legal results because of the people that I find reasonable and reputable running it

now in the media and on late night and all that other jazz is an entirely different story, they push their bullshit but I do believe an innocent Trump would be found innocent and vice versa

I think people put baggage on the investigators and investigation itself that isn't warranted

We as viewers of this objectively have very little reason to ever believe Trump from his own failures with the truth and I think we have more to hang on to when it comes to the reputable and competent investigators

This post was edited by Beowulf on Jun 28 2018 06:57pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jun 28 2018 08:09pm
Looks like John Kelly has fiinally had enough of babysitting Trump and crew.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1206520662067206820693169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll