d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1202820292030203120323169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 18 2018 05:16pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 04:05pm)
You haven't made ANY point about the family separation issue at all.

Amid outrage over children, White House defends immigration policy

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump/amid-outrage-over-children-white-house-defends-immigration-policy-idUSKBN1JE1L5

Wake up and smell the numbers.

Keep the families together when detained

Make sure the kids are not subjected to separation punishment while detained

It can be done and I'd suspect it's going to be

all that bad press while being counter productively wrong on yet another issue due to sloppy decision making

People love jerking of to border security I'm surprised Trump's administration even managed to screw that up too
Gold: 0.00
Jun 18 2018 05:16pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 06:14pm)
Yeah, 52,000 in a month is definitely a small city. People don't seem to want to be bothered by looking at the numbers.

just guess but that feels like 2012-2013 numbers i remember seeing a high one not sure if it was measured by month though
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 18 2018 05:24pm

Yeah, they can't let those who boke the law out of jail, and it would be draconian to put the kids in with their parents in jail.

The left views this as a loophole that will get the parents released. Don't think that will happen.

Trump is also going after the sanctuary cities again, as well.

Trump administration seeks to limit court's 'sanctuary cities' order

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-sanctuary/trump-administration-seeks-to-limit-courts-sanctuary-cities-order-idUSKBN1JE2DR

The Justice Department asked the high court to make the injunction issued by a federal judge in Chicago cover only that city and not the entire country. Republican President Donald Trump’s administration has gone on an offensive against Democratic-governed cities and states that protect illegal immigrants as part of his hard-line immigration policies.

The Justice Department said the injunction “strays far beyond the traditional, proper role of federal courts.” The justices likely will ask the city of Chicago for a response before deciding on the request.

I would ask the Supreme Court to disallow the lower courts from protecting just a city as well.
If the cities want to thumb their nose at federal laws, then they can say goodbye to federal grants as well.
Gold: 5,011.77
Jun 18 2018 05:25pm
I'm conflicted on this.

It's a given that Trump and some of his officials are lying about the issue. That's just what they do... they lie every single day, all the time, and the idiots who support him don't care.

That said, I'm not entirely sympathetic towards the families who are separated after illegally entering our country. This does serve as a deterrent... and treating illegal crossers as criminals, and thereby separating them from their kids, makes more sense than building some expensive wall.

The images of kids being separated from their parents is tough, but seems to me to be an acceptable collateral damage in pursuit of a legitimate end. Don't come to our country illegally, stay in your own countries and help to move them forward.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jun 18 2018 05:25pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 18 2018 05:30pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 18 2018 07:25pm)
I'm conflicted on this.

It's a given that Trump and some of his officials are lying about the issue. That's just what they do... they lie every single day, all the time, and the idiots who support him don't care.

That said, I'm not entirely sympathetic towards the families who are separated after illegally entering our country. This does serve as a deterrent... and treating illegal crossers as criminals, and thereby separating them from their kids, makes more sense than building some expensive wall.

The images of kids being separated from their parents is tough, but seems to me to be an acceptable collateral damage in pursuit of a legitimate end. Don't come to our country illegally, stay in your own countries and help to move them forward.

I think the smartest solution would be to not let any of them in. Now that the parents are in jail, for breaking US laws. The kids will either have to be deported or allowed into the US.
Allowing them into the US would have to count as yet another way to bypass the immigration laws.

I think the US should deal with anyone wanting to immigrate or seek asylum, outside the US borders. it seems to me to be the only workable solution.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 18 2018 05:33pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 18 2018 05:25pm)
I'm conflicted on this.

YOU'RE JUST A LIBERAL SHILL WHO HATES TRUMP AND WILL HATE HIM NO MATTER WHAT IS HAPPENING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 18 2018 05:41pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 04:30pm)
I think the smartest solution would be to not let any of them in. Now that the parents are in jail, for breaking US laws. The kids will either have to be deported or allowed into the US.
Allowing them into the US would have to count as yet another way to bypass the immigration laws.

I think the US should deal with anyone wanting to immigrate or seek asylum, outside the US borders. it seems to me to be the only workable solution.

detain the parents and feed the kids to the border hyenas

only workable solution

MAGA
Gold: 5,011.77
Jun 18 2018 05:43pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 18 2018 06:33pm)
YOU'RE JUST A LIBERAL SHILL WHO HATES TRUMP AND WILL HATE HIM NO MATTER WHAT IS HAPPENING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's surprising is how many conservatives and/or Trump supporters who oppose this tough policy.

What's funny is Trump is not even courageous enough to support it outright, he has to deflect it to the Democrats. That shows me the policy will be changed, because he won't actually support it rhetorically.
Gold: 2,555.52
Jun 18 2018 07:09pm
Democrats will never pass a bill to end this policy this year.

If they do fix it, they wont be able to use immigration as a wedge issue in the mid terms.
Gold: 7,365.00
Jun 19 2018 01:12am
I am the best President this country will ever have and people don't even realize it.
Sad.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1202820292030203120323169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll