d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1202520262027202820293169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 18 2018 04:17pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 18 Jun 2018 17:06)
So trump wants to be president skroob with a 'separate but equal" space force. Hm.

His use of the phrase "separate but equal" probably falls into one of two categories:

1) He doesn't know or forgot about the significance of that phrase in US history

2) He's secretly playing 33D Chutes and Ladders and intentionally sent Leftists into meme-tier levels of triggerdom
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 18 2018 04:17pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 18 2018 04:15pm)
It's not necessary to enforce with zero tolerance. It's counter productive because you lose support from reasonable people that are with you somewhat on border security

It's a political problem even for a President that gets away with just about everything. That's why he lies and warps the narrative about it even though it's related to an issue that many are with him on

I am of the opinion that zero tolerance creates more of an issue than it aims to combat. It's also below decency standards to treat children that way.

My suggestion is to stop zero tolerance, it truly serves no one and solves nothing.

How would you suggest ICE agents pick and choose who to detain?

this whole "zero tolerance" nonsense is approaching buzzwordery.

Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 03:56pm)
ICE isn't breaking up families just to be nasty. They are putting the parent(s) in jail.
Are you suggesting they should put the kids in jail too?

would family detention centers really be that hard to start?

Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 18 2018 04:17pm)
His use of the phrase "separate but equal" probably falls into one of two categories:

1) He doesn't know or forgot about the significance of that phrase in US history

2) He's secretly playing 33D Chutes and Ladders and intentionally sent Leftists into meme-tier levels of triggerdom

honestly historical symbolism seems to have REALLY lost it's effect in regards to Trump. This whole border detention issue has invoked LOTS of japanese internment camp comparisons, which seems to have caused a lot of Pro-Trump people to forget that 10 years ago that was a universally held smudge on the US record. Now they're justifying it in hindsight to make modern political gains. its honestly sick.

Ghot for example did it as a reflex months ago when i drew the comparison on another issue.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 18 2018 04:20pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 18 2018 04:18pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 18 2018 06:15pm)
It's not necessary to enforce with zero tolerance. It's counter productive because you lose support from reasonable people that are with you somewhat on border security

It's a political problem even for a President that gets away with just about everything. That's why he lies and warps the narrative about it even though it's related to an issue that many are with him on

I am of the opinion that zero tolerance creates more of an issue than it aims to combat. It's also below decency standards to treat children that way.

My suggestion is to stop zero tolerance, it truly serves no one and solves nothing.

With zero tolerance for the parents, which is a good thing... the families will get separated.
If you want to accuse someone of ignoring decency standards, it should be the immigrants.

/e

Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 18 2018 06:17pm)
would family detention centers really be that hard to start?

Yeah it would. It won't solve the problem of illegal immigration and or the refugee crap. It'll just put more load on the tax payer.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 18 2018 04:20pm
Gold: 285.00
Jun 18 2018 04:21pm
Trump beats FDRs internment camps.

Libertarians around here will still stoke that trumpdick though.

Systematic child abuse committed by the United States government? I never thought I would see such thing. I thought that the people freaking out about the FEMA coffins were silly, now we have mexican children in concentration camps.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 18 2018 04:21pm
Jun 18 2018 04:22pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 04:18pm)
Yeah it would. It won't solve the problem of illegal immigration and or the refugee crap. It'll just put more load on the tax payer.

surely no on is this bad at math.

currently we're detaining children, and we're detaining adults, separately. but we're paying for it.

this is all just pre-trial detention.

so detaining them as families until the trial costs the same.

what is the bonus multiplier to tax payer cost from families exactly? :wacko:

Quote (Skinned @ Jun 18 2018 04:21pm)
Trump beats FDRs internment camps.

Libertarians around here will still stoke that trumpdick though.

Systematic child abuse committed by the United States government? I never thought I would see such thing. I thought that the people freaking out about the FEMA coffins were silly, now we have mexican children in concentration camps.

that's racist.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 18 2018 04:23pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 18 2018 04:22pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 03:18pm)
With zero tolerance for the parents, which is a good thing... the families will get separated.
If you want to accuse someone of ignoring decency standards, it should be the immigrants.

lol no thanks

Keep the families together, make it the rule, make sure the centers house the adults and children caught together, together

This isn't about letting people come to take your jobs or rape and drug deal your neighborhoods this is a specific issue at the border that can be easily remedied and everyone will forget about it.

but as usual the right makes an issue get much more coverage than it needs and it becomes way bigger of an issue than they bargained for

This post was edited by Beowulf on Jun 18 2018 04:23pm
Gold: 22,720.48
Jun 18 2018 04:25pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 18 2018 05:17pm)
honestly historical symbolism seems to have REALLY lost it's effect in regards to Trump. This whole border detention issue has invoked LOTS of japanese internment camp comparisons, which seems to have caused a lot of Pro-Trump people to forget that 10 years ago that was a universally held smudge on the US record. Now they're justifying it in hindsight to make modern political gains. its honestly sick.

So first it was biblical(i wonder how session feels to be snubbed by his own church for that one), then it was the Democrat's fault. Now it's Bush and Clinton's fault. Just pay no attention to the memo sesssion's wrote, which contradicts kirstjen claiming that they have no policy on it or that kelly brought it up early in the administration specifically as a deterrent. Or that Stephen Miller is taking credit for it. Then you got the "Just do it legally and everything is fine" when they're ignoring that they're intentionally blocking them from doing so legally.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Jun 18 2018 04:29pm
Jun 18 2018 04:26pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jun 18 2018 04:25pm)
So first it was biblical, then it was the Democrat's fault. Now it's Bush and Clinton's fault. Just pay no attention to the memo sesssion's wrote, which contradicts kirstjen claiming that they have no policy on it or that kelly brought it up early in the administration. Then you got the "Just do it legally and everything is fine" when they're ignoring that they're intentionally blocking them from doing so legally.

the number of contradictory stories out there just go to show how effecting 24-7 news media reporting is in exposing this shit.

if it was 2 days until we got a response everyone would have been on the same page, instead it breaks in real time and we get 10 different "explanations" :rofl:
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 18 2018 04:27pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 18 2018 06:22pm)
surely no on is this bad at math.

currently we're detaining children, and we're detaining adults, separately. but we're paying for it.

this is all just pre-trial detention.

so detaining them as families until the trial costs the same.

what is the bonus multiplier to tax payer cost from families exactly? :wacko:

Family detention centers, would be just like chain migration. It would feel good but wouldn't stop anything.
We already have prisons. They are already built and paid for.

This is a case of people in other countries taking advantage of the US, or trying to.
These folks should have all been stopped before they crossed the border. If they want to apply for a visa, they can do it on the non-US side of the border.

Why anyone is for allowing this absolute BS to continue is beyond me. I don't even understand why anyone with 2 brain cells thinks that this can go on. It can't. there are more people in the world than the US can accommodate and still remain a 1st world country.

I've said it many times. The issue is not immigration or refugees. The issue is over breeding.
Jun 18 2018 04:30pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 18 2018 04:27pm)
Family detention centers, would be just like chain migration. It would feel good but wouldn't stop anything.
We already have prisons. They are already built and paid for.

This is a case of people in other countries taking advantage of the US, or trying to.
These folks should have all been stopped before they crossed the border. If they want to apply for a visa, they can do it on the non-US side of the border.

Why anyone is for allowing this absolute BS to continue is beyond me. I don't even understand why anyone with 2 brain cells thinks that this can go on. It can't. there are more people in the world than the US can accommodate and still remain a 1st world country.

I've said it many times. The issue is not immigration or refugees. The issue is over breeding.

I would explain to you how easy it would be to accommodate families in existing prisons in america, drawing on my nearly decade of working in american prisons. but honestly, what's the point. you're trying to make a 1+1=3 argument.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1202520262027202820293169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll