d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1201320142015201620173169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 15 2018 11:40am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 15 2018 11:38am)
Dang so he really messed up

"we have proof he sent text messages and made a phonecall to members of the witness list" - prosecution

"that's the thinnest of proof" - defense

"i toss motha fuckas in jail 20 times a week for breaking restraining orders with a facebook message to their ex girlfriends, why dont you sit the fuck down while i send my bailiffs to grab ya boi" - judge in her head, probably.
Gold: 2,009.99
Jun 15 2018 11:50am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 15 2018 12:34pm)
"if you own a business you should be allowed to associate and serve whomever you want. Pizza, birthday cakes, w.e." Conservatives 2018

"this private corporation has banned me, and removed my posts for months before that, because they didn't like what i said and did." Conservatives 2018

smh fam, smh

Dude kinda has a creepy vibe to him, like he wants it to put the lotions on its skin
Gold: 15,395.00
Jun 15 2018 11:56am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 15 2018 10:34am)
"if you own a business you should be allowed to associate and serve whomever you want. Pizza, birthday cakes, w.e." Conservatives 2018

"this private corporation has banned me, and removed my posts for months before that, because they didn't like what i said and did." Conservatives 2018

smh fam, smh

You frame it in a way that sounds hypocritical but in both situations the conservatives are standing up for free speech. Baker should have the right to free speech and so does the individual on twitter.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 15 2018 11:58am
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Jun 2018 12:40)
"we have proof he sent text messages and made a phonecall to members of the witness list" - prosecution

"that's the thinnest of proof" - defense

"i toss motha fuckas in jail 20 times a week for breaking restraining orders with a facebook message to their ex girlfriends, why dont you sit the fuck down while i send my bailiffs to grab ya boi" - judge in her head, probably.

"This is not middle school, I can’t take his cell phone."

-actual quote from Judge Amy Berman Jackson
Jun 15 2018 12:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 15 2018 11:56am)
You frame it in a way that sounds hypocritical but in both situations the conservatives are standing up for free speech. Baker should have the right to free speech and so does the individual on twitter.

freedom of association =/= freedom of speech.

artistic expression was always the more perilous avenue for conservatives to choose (and only applies to cakes), but freedom of association is a concept that's less accepted. although in this case far more legally backed.

but if you wanna talk about freedom of speech let's talk kneelers, or any other number of topics i can draw from my hat to make conservatives look hypocritical.

Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 15 2018 11:58am)
"This is not middle school, I can’t take his cell phone."

-actual quote from Judge Amy Berman Jackson

followed by a gavel drop no doubt.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 15 2018 12:00pm
Gold: 15,395.00
Jun 15 2018 12:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 15 2018 11:00am)
freedom of association =/= freedom of speech.

artistic expression was always the more perilous avenue for conservatives to choose (and only applies to cakes), but freedom of association is a concept that's less accepted. although in this case far more legally backed.

but if you wanna talk about freedom of speech let's talk kneelers, or any other number of topics i can draw from my hat to make conservatives look hypocritical.

For your comparison to be hypocritical we would have to establish that the two are equivalent, which they clearly are not, not even close. Twitter is big brother, the tiny business is not. It's like saying your against big brother or gov't because you're critical or trying to repress their free speech, kind of illogical.
Gold: 2,576.52
Jun 15 2018 12:13pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 15 2018 01:56pm)

Obtuse metaphors are the only way to make Democratic theory relevant. No perspective at all
Jun 15 2018 12:28pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 15 2018 12:07pm)
For your comparison to be hypocritical we would have to establish that the two are equivalent, which they clearly are not, not even close. Twitter is big brother, the tiny business is not. It's like saying your against big brother or gov't because you're critical or trying to repress their free speech, kind of illogical.

ahh yes the "your comparisons must be equivilencies or they mean nothing" approach..... to my clearly hyperbolic joke. Thanks for informing me that twitter and a 100k a year gross bakery aren't the same.

the hypocrisy is there regardless. conservatives pretend that businesses rights must be maintained at all costs and that reprisals must come from the free market, until for "reasons" they don't want that.

i made a comparison between a bakery and twitter because they're topical, its was for convenience sake not to disingenuously draw a false equivalency. if you want me to draw up a few examples of conservatives supporting large businesses doing what they please with freedom of association i suppose i could, but then we'll just get into a squabbling match about whether they're perfectly equivalent, all so i can justify a clearly hyperbolic joke. should i have written it in greentext format to signal that it shouldnt be taken at face value? is that what PARD 2018 is?
Gold: 7,271.48
Jun 15 2018 12:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 15 2018 10:13am)
"Iran is gathering all evil to itself. Very soon they will have radicalized an army great enough to launch an assault on the West" said Salman of Saudi Arabia

"You know this? How?" responded Trump the Orange.

"I have seen it" said Salman.

"An Islamtir is a dangerous tool, Salman" the Orange wizard warned.

"Why? Why should we fear to use it?" Salman smirked.

"They are not all accounted for, the lost seeing-stones. We do not know who else may be watching." replied Trump

"The hour is later than you think. Iran’s forces are already moving. The refugees have left Tehran." chided Salman

"Refugees!?" responded Trump, a familiar disgust growing in him now.

"They crossed the Turkish border on Midsummer’s Eve, disguised as men fleeing a war torn Syria" - Salman cooed.

"They've reached Europe!?" Trump screamed.

"They will start a Caliphate, and kill all those who attempt to stop them." Salman replied, now grinning.

"Merkel, Macron, May, They must be warned!" Trump exclaimed.

(all of the doors slam shut)

"You did not seriously think that a reality TV star could contend with the will of Islam. There are none who can. Against the power of the Prophet, there can be no victor. We must join with him Trump, join with Mohammed. Be wise." Salman said.

"Tell me.....friend. When did the Sunnis reason for madness!" Trump shot back.

:thumbsup:
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 15 2018 01:18pm
Today really is a doozy in the Trump lying department.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1201320142015201620173169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll