d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1200820092010201120123169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,576.52
Jun 14 2018 06:30am
Quote (chemoshots @ Jun 14 2018 06:21am)
Yeh I could see myself voting for a Mueller, McCain breed Republican at some point if we ever return to that. This Trump brand party is a shitshow though.

Bullshit you said the same junk about Romney
Gold: 1,551.00
Jun 14 2018 07:05am
Happy Birthday 🎂 🐲 ⚡Mr. President!!
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 14 2018 07:30am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 14 2018 05:17am)
and Ill say it again: Mueller, the Bushs, McCain and others are representing a different wing of the republican party, one that is diametrically opposed to Trump's ideas on many key fields.

I haven't read anything on Mueller's political beliefs, where'd you find that he's a Bush/McCain style Republican?
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 14 2018 07:56am
and since when are bush & mccain the same thing?
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 14 2018 09:27am
Quote (Goomshill @ 14 Jun 2018 15:56)
and since when are bush & mccain the same thing?

I didnt say that they were the same thing. But they are both interventionists, globalists, weak on immigration and in favor of neoliberal economy and welfare policies, and so on.

Quote (IceMage @ 14 Jun 2018 15:30)
I haven't read anything on Mueller's political beliefs, where'd you find that he's a Bush/McCain style Republican?

we know that he joined the republican party before 2001, and he was nominated to become director of the fbi by george w. bush. so it's pretty safe to assume that his style and his beliefs are in line, or at least not in conflict, with those of bush. and it's very safe to assume that trumpian republicanism doesnt appeal to him since he was a republican back when the GOP didnt yet contain the tea party or trumpiness.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 14 2018 09:29am
Jun 14 2018 09:37am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 14 2018 10:27am)
we know that he joined the republican party before 2001, and he was nominated to become director of the fbi by george w. bush. so it's pretty safe to assume that his style and his beliefs are in line, or at least not in conflict, with those of bush. and it's very safe to assume that trumpian republicanism doesnt appeal to him since he was a republican back when the GOP didnt yet contain the tea party or trumpiness.

I don't think it's safe to assume that at all.

It's worth noting that the George W Bush who campaigned for president in 2000 looked much different than the W Bush presidency. Also worth noting many of the media figures who support Trump now were Bush supporters.

Also why would political beliefs on interventionism, immigration, and trade be relevant when considering who to nominate as FBI director? This is just silly.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 14 2018 09:38am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 14 2018 09:27am)
I didnt say that they were the same thing. But they are both interventionists, globalists, weak on immigration and in favor of neoliberal economy and welfare policies, and so on.

I can see your point but basically any politician that operated pre-trump/bannon/altright was a "globalist in favor of the neoliberal economy". especially in the right wing when they used to pretend to believe in free trade. that's a new term that incapcilates almost every established politician, and it's meant to do that. the movement is against the "deepstate" "rinos" "drain the swamp" etc.

John McCain and Hillary Clinton have far more in common than Donald Trump has with either. That's by design. So you're not wrong it's just not noteworthy imo, its baked in the cake with the alt right.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 14 2018 09:51am
Quote (IceMage @ 14 Jun 2018 17:37)
I don't think it's safe to assume that at all.

It's worth noting that the George W Bush who campaigned for president in 2000 looked much different than the W Bush presidency. Also worth noting many of the media figures who support Trump now were Bush supporters.

Also why would political beliefs on interventionism, immigration, and trade be relevant when considering who to nominate as FBI director? This is just silly.

the argument was

Robert Mueller is a Republican who was appointed by a Republican Deputy Attorney General because a Republican President fired a Republican FBI Director for investigating a Republican Presidential campaign.

so the argument is that mueller is a typical republican, so he should be a natural ally of a republican president - hence, the fact that he and trump are bitter enemies instead is supposed to show what an outlier trump is; and the fact that many long-time republicans (and GOP-leaning media) are on trumps side and are attacking/discrediting mueller is supposed to show that they are "cultists" and "traitors against the republican cause".

this whole argument only makes any sense if one is to assume that the GOP is a largely homogenic bloc that hasnt undergone a policy realignment in between the times of mueller, the registered republican and director of fbi under bush, and the current times of trump and trumpiness.

Quote (thesnipa @ 14 Jun 2018 17:38)
I can see your point but basically any politician that operated pre-trump/bannon/altright was a "globalist in favor of the neoliberal economy". especially in the right wing when they used to pretend to believe in free trade. that's a new term that incapcilates almost every established politician, and it's meant to do that. the movement is against the "deepstate" "rinos" "drain the swamp" etc.

John McCain and Hillary Clinton have far more in common than Donald Trump has with either. That's by design. So you're not wrong it's just not noteworthy imo, its baked in the cake with the alt right.

fair enough. ;)

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 14 2018 09:51am
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 14 2018 10:01am

New York sues to dissolve Trump Foundation, cites illegal conduct

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-trump-foundation/new-york-sues-to-dissolve-trump-foundation-cites-illegal-conduct-idUSKBN1JA26G

“The sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000,” Trump wrote. “I won’t settle this case!”

If this isn't just another pile of New York BS, I'll be surprised.

Jun 14 2018 10:08am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 14 2018 10:51am)
the argument was

so the argument is that mueller is a typical republican, so he should be a natural ally of a republican president - hence, the fact that he and trump are bitter enemies instead is supposed to show what an outlier trump is; and the fact that many long-time republicans (and GOP-leaning media) are on trumps side and are attacking/discrediting mueller is supposed to show that they are "cultists" and "traitors against the republican cause".

this whole argument only makes any sense if one is to assume that the GOP is a largely homogenic bloc that hasnt undergone a policy realignment in between the times of mueller, the registered republican and director of fbi under bush, and the current times of trump and trumpiness.

My point stands.

What's really idiotic and silly is Trump people thinking that Mueller's party affiliation even matters. The day before he was appointed special counsel, almost everyone in Washington thought he was a man above reproach.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1200820092010201120123169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll