d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1200220032004200520063169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,576.52
Jun 12 2018 07:53pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jun 12 2018 06:40pm)
So Cohen is really worried he's going to get arrested. Looks like MAGA is going to mean "My attorney got arrested"

Though if he's innocent, what's he got to worry about?

Scooter libby aka arrest someone for no reason
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 12 2018 07:56pm
Quote (Ghot @ 12 Jun 2018 19:21)
Senate will not 'poke the bear' Trump by passing tariff measure: lawmaker

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-senate/senate-will-not-poke-the-bear-trump-by-passing-tariff-measure-lawmaker-idUSKBN1J82WV

And the seriously anti-trump Dems take an uppercut to the jaw.

Senate Republicans oppose trade tariffs in principle but won't pass any legislation because they are scared of Trump.

Truly pathetic.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 12 2018 08:02pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 12 2018 09:56pm)
Senate Republicans oppose trade tariffs in principle but won't pass any legislation because they are scared of Trump.

Truly pathetic.

I realize the article takes that stance. But at least some members of Congress don't seem to be "afraid of Trump".

I guess they could be afraid of the ramifications of his apparent successes.

/e Or they just disagree with those who authored the amendment. I mean all we have is Corker's comment that the amendment was blocked out of fear of trump.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 12 2018 08:04pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jun 12 2018 08:10pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 12 2018 10:02pm)
I realize the article takes that stance. But at least some members of Congress don't seem to be "afraid of Trump".

/e Or they just disagree with those who authored the amendment. I mean all we have is Corker's comment that the amendment was blocked out of fear of trump.

And those are the ones that aren't seeking reelection...
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 12 2018 08:15pm
Quote (Ghot @ 12 Jun 2018 21:02)

/e Or they just disagree with those who authored the bill.

Corker was referring to John Cornyn, but many other Republican Senators like Inhofe share the same sentiment.

Free trade is a defining quality fiscal conservatism. These Senators are not protectionists, and they are not standing up for their principles out of fear of Trump. There are very few words to describe that other than pathetic.

As a Texan, this is why I'm a much bigger fan of Cruz than Cornyn. At least he stood up at the 2016 GOP Convention and said, "vote your conscience." Cornyn and most of these guys are straight hacks, taking it straight up the rear for a dude who is shitting all over their long-held core principles and beliefs like free trade.

Quote (Horford @ 12 Jun 2018 21:10)
And those are the ones that aren't seeking reelection...

Exactly. The only ones speaking up for their own principles are retiring or dying.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 12 2018 08:32pm
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jun/12/einsteins-travel-diaries-reveal-shocking-xenophobia
“industrious, filthy, obtuse people” he observes. He notes how the “Chinese don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods. All this occurs quietly and demurely. Even the children are spiritless and look obtuse.” After earlier writing of the “abundance of offspring” and the “fecundity” of the Chinese, he goes on to say: “It would be a pity if these Chinese supplant all other races. For the likes of us the mere thought is unspeakably dreary.”

“I noticed how little difference there is between men and women; I don’t understand what kind of fatal attraction Chinese women possess which enthrals the corresponding men to such an extent that they are incapable of defending themselves against the formidable blessing of offspring”.

the locals “live in great filth and considerable stench at ground level” adding that they “do little, and need little. The simple economic cycle of life.”

the Japanese he meets are, in contrast, more positive: “Japanese unostentatious, decent, altogether very appealing,” he writes. “Pure souls as nowhere else among people. One has to love and admire this country.” But Rosenkranz points out that he also concludes that the “intellectual needs of this nation seem to be weaker than their artistic ones – natural disposition?”
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 12 2018 08:32pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 12 2018 10:15pm)
Corker was referring to John Cornyn, but many other Republican Senators like Inhofe share the same sentiment.

Free trade is a defining quality fiscal conservatism. These Senators are not protectionists, and they are not standing up for their principles out of fear of Trump. There are very few words to describe that other than pathetic.

As a Texan, this is why I'm a much bigger fan of Cruz than Cornyn. At least he stood up at the 2016 GOP Convention and said, "vote your conscience." Cornyn and most of these guys are straight hacks, taking it straight up the rear for a dude who is shitting all over their long-held core principles and beliefs like free trade.

Exactly. The only ones speaking up for their own principles are retiring or dying.

It seems you are saying they ARE afraid of Trump?

But Senator James Inhofe, the Republican who is managing debate on the defense bill, blocked the amendment as inappropriate for the legislation, preventing a vote.

Don't you think tariff issues ARE inappropriate for a Defense bill?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 12 2018 10:22pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 12 Jun 2018 23:23)
Youre right. Trump lost and Hillary won :rofl:

hillary? pathetic pivot. pretending you did not claim trump's approval rating was better than obama's at the same time into his first term according to quinnipiac and washington post polls i see.
once a liar always a liar i guess. keep living in your alternative facts world, shill...
Jun 12 2018 10:44pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 12 2018 10:32pm)
It seems you are saying they ARE afraid of Trump?

Don't you think tariff issues ARE inappropriate for a Defense bill?

Republicans up for re-election/running for office are definitely afraid of Trump... G.O.P. may be dumb but they know how to look at polls and they can see Donald Trump is the 2nd most popular/supported president within his own party (1st is Bush ironically). They (republicans up for re-election) turn on trump = they turn on the new G.O.P. base i.e. Trump's voters. They don't have the balls to call out treason/obstruction when thet see it or else they'll be labeled part of the "deep state" by a Sean Hannity or Alex Jones (E.g. look at what someone on Fox news said about Trey Gowdy recently when Gowdy tried to defend the F.B.I.).
Jun 12 2018 10:48pm
Quote (Horford @ Jun 13 2018 12:44am)
Republicans up for re-election/running for office are definitely afraid of Trump... G.O.P. may be dumb but they know how to look at polls and they can see Donald Trump is the 2nd most popular/supported president within his own party (1st is Bush ironically). They (republicans up for re-election) turn on trump = they turn on the new G.O.P. base i.e. Trump's voters. They don't have the balls to call out treason/obstruction when thet see it or else they'll be labeled part of the "deep state" by a Sean Hannity or Alex Jones (E.g. look at what someone on Fox news said about Trey Gowdy recently when Gowdy tried to defend the F.B.I.).

Though on second thought, i don't think Gowdy is running again so thay may not be the best example.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1200220032004200520063169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll