d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Clinton 2016 > Finally, A Thread For Winners
Prev11920212223183Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,983.50
Jun 20 2016 06:41am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 20 2016 12:26am)
Obamacare has been pretty great and gotten a whole lot of people insured that otherwise were falling through the cracks and costing the country a whole lot of money by showing up at emergency rooms and then being unable to pay their bills. It's far from perfect, but it's still pretty great.
(

Well our insurance for my wife and son has gone from 240 a month to 700 a month.
And that is for 80/20 and our out of pocket went from 600 to 1,400.
So as nice as it that some people get Healthcare, it has made our live a lot more challenging.

Healthcare, to me, is not a right every person has that is on our land should receive , especially those here illegally.. It should be reserved for persons over 65 and our military. It's not a right, it's a privledge which people should earn and work for. STATE medicare has not change under Obama, the same poor people have the same insurance and it's still through the state.

And, of course more people are insured. You are fined if you don't buy it. Which is f*** b**...

On a side note, did you know that an illegal alien can claim 5 kids even though none of them are living in this country and get the child tas credit? Pretty ridiculous

This post was edited by herbdoc on Jun 20 2016 06:47am
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 20 2016 11:51am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 20 2016 01:26am)
Whoa, things have been hard during a recession? Well, a bunch of charts that end at 2014 definitely prove the sky is falling then, you got me there bro. :(

Obamacare has been pretty great and gotten a whole lot of people insured that otherwise were falling through the cracks and costing the country a whole lot of money by showing up at emergency rooms and then being unable to pay their bills. It's far from perfect, but it's still pretty great.

And yes, I expect the government to not make a profit on student loans. I know, it's a wacky, wacky idea, but it seems like something that's for the public benefit should be run for the public benefit rather than for a tidy profit. It's mostly coz I'm a filthy dirty hippy. :(

Five years is far too long for a market correction ya scrub.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Jun 20 2016 11:51am
Gold: 20.31
Jun 20 2016 12:17pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 15 2016 05:33pm)
I'm really confused why you're trying so hard to argue this point. She's currently under a criminal investigation by the FBI....a federal circuit judge involved in the case even said so in a court filing. I think she's unlikely to face an indictment, but it's still a criminal investigation.

The FBI is either going to recommend and indictment or they will not, and that's based on whether they find any criminal wrongdoing. You're admitting that there is an investigation taking place and that they are searching for any wrongdoing, but you aren't putting all the pieces together or listening to what the judges involved in the case are saying.

Because you're using words incorrectly, it really is that simple. The judge didn't say that either, just like Josh Earnest didn't say what you said he did.

You seem to believe that, because Judge Sullivan referenced an ongoing criminal investigation, it's fair to characterize Clinton as the subject of said investigation. It isn't. Unless/until the FBI confirms Clinton is the subject, it's incorrect to assert she's "under criminal investigation." That's why Jeb Bush et al. kept getting tagged when they spent the last year spreading that lie; the FBI could have come forward at any time (including today) and said Jake Sullivan is the subject (or someone else) and that would have been consistent with the filing, and their investigation.

Quote (EA7 @ Jun 17 2016 07:21pm)
Clinton thread: 18 pages

Trump thread: 400+ pages

I feel bad for you guys come general election.

I cracked up at this, as if it's indicative of how many votes either can expect to win anywhere on Election Day. You wanna venture a guess how many contact attempts (phone), canvasses (phone/door), and shifts Clinton registered yesterday in VA or NC or FL vs. what Trump (see: the RNC) managed?
Gold: 12,983.50
Jun 20 2016 12:45pm
Quote (Pollster @ Jun 20 2016 01:17pm)
You wanna venture a guess how many contact attempts (phone), canvasses (phone/door), and shifts Clinton registered yesterday in VA or NC or FL vs. what Trump (see: the RNC) managed?

Do you wanna look at how many votes the republicans got compared to the democrsts? Probably not.

This post was edited by herbdoc on Jun 20 2016 12:46pm
Gold: 20.31
Jun 20 2016 03:00pm
Quote (herbdoc @ Jun 20 2016 11:45am)
Do you wanna look at how many votes the republicans got compared to the democrsts? Probably not.

You can if you want but it doesn't mean anything; there's never been any correlation between primary vote total and general election performance dating back to the installation of the modern primaries in 1972.

Hundreds of thousands of Democrats crossed over to vote in Republican primaries solely to vote against Trump because they knew Clinton would win their contest, and they'll cast the same vote in November. You're kidding yourself if you think the Republicans are outperforming the Democrats in a single metric this cycle, outside of maybe whose Super PACs have received the most money by millionaires. Cruz, Bush, Rubio, and the GOP have the Dems beat there, as per usual.

Edit: In a significant metric, that is. While there's no way to determine how many Democrats/Indies/NPP voted in the Republican primaries, they did at least have the larger voter pool. It's never been useful in predicting the GE though.

This post was edited by Pollster on Jun 20 2016 03:05pm
Gold: 40.42
Jun 26 2016 02:47am
You know, this kinda reminds me of when I made the Los Angeles Rams official fan thread in F&R back in May of last year. It's kinda neat to go back and look at how you successfully predicted that things were going to go the way you wanted, y'know?
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 26 2016 07:40am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 26 Jun 2016 03:47)
You know, this kinda reminds me of when I made the Los Angeles Rams official fan thread in F&R back in May of last year. It's kinda neat to go back and look at how you successfully predicted that things were going to go the way you wanted, y'know?

What did you predict correctly?

Do you honestly think that predicting HRC to win the DNC nomination is something to congratulate yourself for?

At the time of this post, Clinton had a tremendous lead in delegates, Sanders faced an extremely uphill battle mathematically, and she was the huge favorite to win the nomination in Vegas and betting markets.

After March 15 (and really even before that), you'd pretty much would have to be an idiot to think Bernie Sanders was ever the favorite to win the DNC nomonation.

So what is it precisely that you are congratulating yourself about?
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 26 2016 08:34am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 26 2016 05:40am)
What did you predict correctly?

Do you honestly think that predicting HRC to win the DNC nomination is something to congratulate yourself for?

At the time of this post, Clinton had a tremendous lead in delegates, Sanders faced an extremely uphill battle mathematically, and she was the huge favorite to win the nomination in Vegas and betting markets.

After March 15 (and really even before that), you'd pretty much would have to be an idiot to think Bernie Sanders was ever the favorite to win the DNC nomonation.

So what is it precisely that you are congratulating yourself about?

Most of your posts are too dry and humorless but this one just reeks of butthurt
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 26 2016 09:32am
Quote (Beowulf @ 26 Jun 2016 09:34)
Most of your posts are too dry and humorless but this one just reeks of butthurt

Butthurt about what? Hillary Clinton winning the nomination didn't surprise me. It didn't surprise anyone, outside of maybe the most delusional of Bernie Sanders supporters.

Czech is congratulating himself or herself for predicting something. I'm curious to see what it is.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 26 2016 09:41am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 26 2016 07:32am)
Butthurt about what? Hillary Clinton winning the nomination didn't surprise me. It didn't surprise anyone, outside of maybe the most delusional of Bernie Sanders supporters.

Czech is congratulating himself or herself for predicting something. I'm curious to see what it is.

too dry and literal

If I said Sanders was a lizard king from the planet terrarium you would make a 3 paragraph serious post about how he isn't
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11920212223183Next
Closed New Topic New Poll