d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Republicans Mad They Cant Marry Children
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 11 2023 09:38pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 11 2023 08:39pm)
the party of bill gates best buds with epstein is making a moral claim. if some republicans are pedos I say prosecute them and lock them up.
now its your turn say it about democrats

Funny how you think doing wrong is mutually exclusive to political parties. Wrong is wrong regardless of the perpetrator.

btw, Gates donates just about equally to republicans and democrats. Also, who's labor secretary let epstein off easy?

Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 11 2023 08:30pm)
99.75% of these cases are of people within a few years of each other. That's not what pedophilia is in the inherent understanding of the idea. In real life the difference between a 17 year old and and 18 year old is basically nothing in maturation or ability to apply sound decision making. You're basically looking at some stake in the ground and using it to try to frame the other side as having some nefarious reasoning and logic for not wanting obtuse and rigid laws. A very cheap and skin deep "gotcha" argument which falls apart when unpacking the true nature of this topic.

The hilarity of this is, people like you hyperventilate about a 19 and 17 year old getting married to have sex while you see nothing wrong when someone like DiCaprio who's 48 is banging 22 year olds.

Sure seems like you're a pedo sympathizer.
You're basing your whole argument on how you feel and you don't back it up with an outside source.

"According to Unchained at Last, in the U.S., approximately 60,000 marriages since 2000 have occurred at spousal age differences that could have been considered a sex crime, allowing a marriage license to become a sort of "get out of jail free" card for a would-be rapist. Particularly if they impregnate the victim."

You're condoning child rape no matter how you spin it. In most states is the idea of entering a minor into a marriage before they're old enough to bring a legal action in their own name is a horrible legal trap.

This post was edited by foxnews on Feb 11 2023 09:42pm
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Feb 11 2023 09:43pm
Quote (foxnews @ Feb 11 2023 07:38pm)
Funny how you think doing wrong is mutually exclusive to political parties. Wrong is wrong regardless of the perpetrator. .

i had zero problems saying if a republican is a pedo he should be prosecuted and locked up. wouldnt it of been alot easier to say that about democrats because now it just looks like you did dodge

Feb 11 2023 09:47pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 11 2023 09:43pm)
i had zero problems saying if a republican is a pedo he should be prosecuted and locked up. wouldnt it of been alot easier to say that about democrats because now it just looks like you did dodge

Your have the reading comprehensive of a Neanderthal. I’d draw you a diagram if I had any artistic talent.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Feb 11 2023 09:50pm
Quote (foxnews @ Feb 11 2023 07:47pm)
Your have the reading comprehensive of a Neanderthal. I’d draw you a diagram if I had any artistic talent.

"Funny how you think doing wrong is mutually exclusive to political parties. "
(a crap statement that makes you look bad)
(you could of just said "ya if a democrat is a pedo he needs to be prosecuted and locked up")
Gold: 12,095.00
Feb 12 2023 08:26am
Quote (foxnews @ Feb 11 2023 10:38pm)
Funny how you think doing wrong is mutually exclusive to political parties. Wrong is wrong regardless of the perpetrator.

btw, Gates donates just about equally to republicans and democrats. Also, who's labor secretary let epstein off easy?

Sure seems like you're a pedo sympathizer.
You're basing your whole argument on how you feel and you don't back it up with an outside source.

"According to Unchained at Last, in the U.S., approximately 60,000 marriages since 2000 have occurred at spousal age differences that could have been considered a sex crime, allowing a marriage license to become a sort of "get out of jail free" card for a would-be rapist. Particularly if they impregnate the victim."

You're condoning child rape no matter how you spin it. In most states is the idea of entering a minor into a marriage before they're old enough to bring a legal action in their own name is a horrible legal trap.

By your own source 99.75% of these cases are of people within a few years of each other. You can keep repeating and throwing around accusations but it only shows how unnuanced your understanding is.

I asked you this question like 3 times at this point. Let say there are two teens, one is a senior in high school and another a freshman or sophomore. Let say the difference is 3 years. Do we as a society view them having sex as wrong? If not, why is marrying to have the same relations all of the sudden so abhorrent? Try presenting an argument instead of recoiling and calling me a pedo sympathizer this time.
Gold: 2,195.46
Feb 12 2023 08:31am
Among other points, the letter argued that preventing children under 16 years old from marrying "denies the fundamental purpose of marriage," robbing teen parents from the ability to remain together under one roof for any children they might bear together—even though nothing in state law would prevent those children from co-parenting.

"Since young men and women may be physically capable of begetting and bearing children prior to the age of 16, marriage MUST remain open to them for the sake of those children," the post read. "The sad fact that physical maturity often does not match emotional and intellectual maturity is an indictment of our modern educational system. That is a problem that should be addressed. But we should not use it as an excuse to instantiate bad law."

So the bill is seeking to raising the age to marry to 16, republicans are turning out to vote no because their solution to a 12 year old getting knocked up would be allowing them to marry? Weird hill to die on tbh
Gold: 24.06
Feb 12 2023 10:10am
Quote (Jupe @ Feb 12 2023 07:31am)
So the bill is seeking to raising the age to marry to 16, republicans are turning out to vote no because their solution to a 12 year old getting knocked up would be allowing them to marry? Weird hill to die on tbh

It’s just an idiot in Cheyenne that’s pushing this. If you look at the Wyoming articles on this story…then you’ll see no one is for this bill.
Gold: 2,195.46
Feb 12 2023 10:30am
Quote (Landmine @ Feb 12 2023 11:10am)
It’s just an idiot in Cheyenne that’s pushing this. If you look at the Wyoming articles on this story…then you’ll see no one is for this bill.

What do you mean by that gamer?
Gold: 24.06
Feb 12 2023 10:41am
Quote (Jupe @ Feb 12 2023 09:30am)
What do you mean by that gamer?

Nvm news manipulation. The one article I read seemed like it was pushing under age marriage. Just read the Casper tribune on it and it states they’re just trying to move the age limit up. They were trying to get 18 and 16 with consent of a judge, because there is no age limit set in Wyoming. The author of this topic is a moron.

https://www.wyomingnews.com/news/local_news/wyoming-moves-closer-to-setting-minimum-marriage-age/article_ee6f54f6-a8dc-11ed-b8f2-4bc9427cd104.html

This post was edited by Landmine on Feb 12 2023 10:42am
Feb 12 2023 11:12am
Quote (Landmine @ Feb 12 2023 10:41am)
Nvm news manipulation. The one article I read seemed like it was pushing under age marriage. Just read the Casper tribune on it and it states they’re just trying to move the age limit up. They were trying to get 18 and 16 with consent of a judge, because there is no age limit set in Wyoming. The author of this topic is a moron.

https://www.wyomingnews.com/news/local_news/wyoming-moves-closer-to-setting-minimum-marriage-age/article_ee6f54f6-a8dc-11ed-b8f2-4bc9427cd104.html

There have also been several instances of 14-year-olds being married in the state.
^ that’s from your source.

What’s moronic about pushing the age up? Also, what’s right about not pushing it up? Enlighten me.

This post was edited by foxnews on Feb 12 2023 11:12am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll