d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev1234526Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 14 2022 11:57am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 14 2022 05:56pm)
Long story short , the current Chinese Government are not on the level compared to how the US can control central and South America when it comes to ASEAN.

Again, I will typically agree with everything you say on this topic, so you dont have to direct this at me lol. but to be clear, China will get to that stage, over the next short-medium term, do you agree?

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 14 2022 11:58am
Gold: 10,485.00
Dec 14 2022 11:57am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 14 2022 12:55pm)
he didnt say that.

That was sarcasm.
Dec 14 2022 11:58am
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 14 2022 05:57pm)
That was sarcasm.

im not good with sarcasm sowy :hug:

Quote (Ghot @ Dec 14 2022 05:54pm)
Oh ok. Now that you've made that clear, we'll just go home and ALLOW China to build the military might and bases that will allow them to take over the South China Sea. ???

The Nine Dash Line has been THE plan since 1946.
It's completely against International Maritime Law, but we'll ignore that too.

when referencing things like the Nine Dash Line etc. there is no harm in elaborating, for the masses i mean. else i will when im bored.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 14 2022 12:01pm
Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 14 2022 11:59am
Quote (Ghot @ 15 Dec 2022 01:54)
Oh ok. Now that you've made that clear, we'll just go home and ALLOW China to build the military might and bases that will allow them to take over the South China Sea. ???

I think when Global powers rise there will be conflicts there will be military bases build.
If I am American I will definitely do whatever I can within my power to wreck their plans but I am not.

We couldn't stop the Americans from building 850 bases all over the world due to to her economical and military clout.
I think it will not be possible to stop the Chinese in the future.

Thus the current Geo Political stance of the Americans and her " allies " to pull out all sorts of manner to stop the Chinese before they overtake the " West" dominance.
Gold: 2,504.69
Dec 14 2022 12:00pm
ideological opposition to china for me is simple, and revolves around a single issue, a future world wide govt and overrides regional sovereignty. at which time it will be driven by chinese or western ideology.

at some point in the future a UN-esque but on steroids governmental body will rule the earth. in order to make this happen it cannot operate like the UN security council. that organization is a loosely connected group of ideologically separated countries all tied by a single factor, having nuclear arms. and these ideological differences are the driving force behind the lack of direction and pragmatic action for the organization.

some time in the future, 150 or 200 years from now, we will have an Earth govt. countries will become states, states will become cities, and cities will have next to no power. at which time china can lot be allowed to steer the world govt's direction. we're on a dark path as a world, both chinese and western govts are not looking good, but the western direction is the only one that offers a slim chance of individual freedom and financial autonomy on that time scale.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 14 2022 12:00pm
Quote (ferdia @ 14 Dec 2022 18:32)
This topic is a follow on from here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=98605369&f=119

The Tibet and Uyghurs position no one can argue, unless you are diehard pro Chinese (which, to be clear, i am not), well, ok you can argue it but you wont win the arguement. China's very poor actions against both of those cultures is widely documented. However, there are other places in the world, where similar things happen or have happened, and the US does not do anything about it. Therefore your answer to my mind should not be the reason why the US policy for China is the way it is.

China's actions against Tibet is decades along the way, and vs Uyghurs is after the US first shifted against China. Therefore neither of these issues, while accepting both are deplorable, could realistically be the reason.

The issue is simply that i think China is responsible so "How China has made America its enemy" is more appropriate. Issue is how you are formulating the debate.

Why and How

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_nationalism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_police_overseas_service_stations

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Dec 14 2022 12:01pm
Dec 14 2022 12:01pm
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 14 2022 12:58pm)
im not good with sarcasm sowy :hug:

The South China Sea conflict is nothing new. Hell, I think I first posted about it, on here... approx. 6 years ago.
The whole world knows that this is actually happening.

The countries surrounding the South China Sea... want the US to intervene.
We don't really gain anything except the good will of these countries... by being there.

Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 14 2022 12:03pm
Quote (Ghot @ 15 Dec 2022 02:01)
The South China Sea conflict is nothing new. Hell, I think I first posted about it, on here... approx. 6 years ago.
The whole world knows that this is actually happening.

The countries surrounding the South China Sea... want the US to intervene.
We don't really gain anything except the good will of these countries... by being there.

No not really, at least not yet. I am going to say this as a Singaporean

Dec 14 2022 12:04pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 14 2022 06:00pm)
ideological opposition to china for me is simple, and revolves around a single issue, a future world wide govt and overrides regional sovereignty. at which time it will be driven by chinese or western ideology.

at some point in the future a UN-esque but on steroids governmental body will rule the earth. in order to make this happen it cannot operate like the UN security council. that organization is a loosely connected group of ideologically separated countries all tied by a single factor, having nuclear arms. and these ideological differences are the driving force behind the lack of direction and pragmatic action for the organization.

some time in the future, 150 or 200 years from now, we will have an Earth govt. countries will become states, states will become cities, and cities will have next to no power. at which time china can lot be allowed to steer the world govt's direction. we're on a dark path as a world, both chinese and western govts are not looking good, but the western direction is the only one that offers a slim chance of individual freedom and financial autonomy on that time scale.

thx for posting, again, i broadly agree with all this. the only caveat i have is that "western" ideology and accepted norms are eroding and therefore its difficult to tell which ideology, long term, will provide the most social freedoms etc.

Quote (Meanwhile @ Dec 14 2022 06:00pm)
The issue is simply that i think China is responsible so "How China has made America its enemy" is more appropriate. Issue is how you are formulating the debate.

Why and How

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_nationalism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_police_overseas_service_stations

In retrospect I can agree with your framing (but I would challenge that its broadly the same thing). Ultimately China is on one side of the world and the US is on the other. China has not moved its military might directly to surround the US (they dont have that capability) but rather the US has moved its military might to surround China (because the US has that capability). If this is a direct response to an event carried out by China, then I would suggest we tease that out.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 14 2022 12:11pm
Dec 14 2022 12:04pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 14 2022 12:59pm)
I think when Global powers rise there will be conflicts there will be military bases build.
If I am American I will definitely do whatever I can within my power to wreck their plans but I am not.

We couldn't stop the Americans from building 850 bases all over the world due to to her economical and military clout.
I think it will not be possible to stop the Chinese in the future.

Thus the current Geo Political stance of the Americans and her " allies " to pull out all sorts of manner to stop the Chinese before they overtake the " West" dominance.

The US has zero imperialistic plans. We were asked to build those bases by countries that don't want to be over run by other countries that DO have imperialistic plans.
What countries have we tried to take over... to own.... ever?

That's the difference here. The US isn't trying to "dominate" anyone. But China... is. LOL

This post was edited by Ghot on Dec 14 2022 12:09pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234526Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll