d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Trump Legacy And Pros/cons
Prev1234519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 7 2021 07:49pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 8 Jan 2021 02:30)
Anti chinese anti commie sentiment is probably the best thing to come out if his presidency

the anti-commie sentiment has been an integral part of american conservatives (which includes BOTH establishments) for decades now. fearmongering about communism is what disenfranchised american workers and lead to the de facto oligarchy the US is today. how exactly is that a positive in your opinion?
Gold: 633.87
Jan 7 2021 07:59pm
Quote (fender @ Jan 7 2021 08:49pm)
the anti-commie sentiment has been an integral part of american conservatives (which includes BOTH establishments) for decades now. fearmongering about communism is what disenfranchised american workers and lead to the de facto oligarchy the US is today. how exactly is that a positive in your opinion?

China is an existential threat to humanity. The default position among the American establishment (for the last 20-30 years) has been to connect businesses to Chinese markets, irrespective of how much technology was stolen along the way.

The European Union still operates this way, but the Trump administration has made progress towards more assertive policy.
Jan 7 2021 08:18pm
Pros:

Put real focus on China.

Exposed how actors in the executive branch will sabotage a president if they don't like them.

Drove incredibly high amounts of political engagement.

Exposed media bias to newly engaged citizenry.

Drove the highest voter turnout election in over a century.

Cons:

Incompetence due to not actually caring about anyone but himself.
Gold: 25.00
Jan 7 2021 08:22pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 7 2021 08:21pm)
His response was the same as Biden.

This is a 60-IQ opinion.

Agreed, your response is indicative of someone having 60 IQ.
Gold: 500.00
Jan 7 2021 08:24pm
Quote (fender @ Jan 7 2021 08:49pm)

china is the greatest threat facing humanity right now, anything that undermines them and their ideologies are good in my books

the world needs to extricate itself from dependency on their cheap slave labor

This post was edited by duffman316 on Jan 7 2021 08:25pm
Warn: 30%
Jan 7 2021 08:46pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 8 Jan 2021 03:24)
china is the greatest threat facing humanity right now, anything that undermines them and their ideologies are good in my books

the world needs to extricate itself from dependency on their cheap slave labor

addressing the threat, which i fully agree china is, makes sense. but how fearmongering about ideologies, which is simultaneously used to smear anyone who supports workers rights, universal healthcare, or addressing climate change (which is the ACTUAL"greatest threat facing humanity right now"), is somehow an adequate means to achieve that, doesn't quite make sense to me.

a comprehensive policy approach, ideally coordinated with americas traditional allies, a united front against the oppressive authoritarian chinese regime and its massive cheap labour bargaining chip - that to me would be a reasonable approach. escalating tradewars because you don't understand deficits, alienating your allies, unpredictably switching between cozying up to xi and calling them a threat without actually doing anything to address it long term is hardly sound foreign policy - and pretending like some already well established propaganda would somehow contribute to solving this problem, and in fact is one of trump's core achievements, seems extremely far-fetched and silly to me - especially considering the very real and concrete downsides it has for the average american.

at the end of the day what it does is further divide and disenfranchise america's working class - it's not like there's anyone actually sympathising with china's regime...

This post was edited by fender on Jan 7 2021 08:50pm
Jan 7 2021 08:53pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jan 7 2021 07:21pm)
His response was the same as Biden.

This is a 60-IQ opinion.

Makes sense, considering Biden was an unelected private citizen without the authority to direct Federal response.
Gold: 57.00
Jan 7 2021 08:53pm
Quote (fender @ 7 Jan 2021 21:46)
addressing the threat, which i fully agree china is, makes sense. but how fearmongering about ideologies, which is simultaneously used to smear anyone who supports workers rights, universal healthcare, or addressing climate change (which is the ACTUAL"greatest threat facing humanity right now"), is somehow an adequate means to achieve that, doesn't quite make sense to me.

a comprehensive policy approach, ideally coordinated with americas traditional allies, a united front against the oppressive authoritarian chinese regime and its massive cheap labour bargaining chip - that to me would be a reasonable approach. escalating tradewars because you don't understand deficits, alienating your allies, unpredictably switching between cozying up to xi and calling them a threat without actually doing anything to address it long term is hardly sound foreign policy - and pretending like some already well established propaganda would somehow contribute to solving this problem, and in fact is one of trump's core achievements, seems extremely far-fetched and silly to me - especially considering the very real and concrete downsides it has for the average american.

at the end of the day what it does is further divide and disenfranchise america's working class - it's not like there's anyone actually sympathising with china's regime...

you do and everyone here knows it
Gold: 4,946.71
Jan 7 2021 09:20pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 7 2021 07:30pm)
Anti chinese anti commie sentiment is probably the best thing to come out if his presidency

Quote (fender @ Jan 7 2021 07:49pm)
how exactly is that a positive in your opinion?

Quote (fender @ Jan 7 2021 08:46pm)
addressing the threat, which i fully agree china is, makes sense. - it's not like there's anyone actually sympathising with china's regime...

Where did duff say he liked his approach? he said he agreed with the anti Chinese sentiment which frankly still isn’t a point of global agreement

Warn: 10%
Jan 7 2021 09:22pm
Wasn't it proven that Trump has a secret chinese bank account? Look into Ivanka's business deals in china too. It's all a farce.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-china-bank-account-hotel-deals-tax-records

This post was edited by endymionlune on Jan 7 2021 09:23pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234519Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll