d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Belief In Science Vs God
Prev1234520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 578.20
Feb 3 2016 08:39am
Quote (El Shadday @ 3 Feb 2016 15:06)
Above all books that exist on the planet there is a higher law.
the Law of Love.
yes this is that it makes the necessary changes in human morality.
Jesus was emphatic in several texts about the Law of Love.

Edit:
We can never be selfish to assert that only our religion will be saved.
Spiritism clearly explains that all will be free from its moral imperfections, only through the efforts of each one.
Magic does not exist in the universe, this would be an affront the laws of God.

Anything Spiritism ''clearly'' explains comes from a man that does not have the authority to say so. You are moving away from the teaching of Jesus that man can't be saved on his on action but must repent his sins and ask for forgiveness. God is the fair judge and with our sinful nature we must all be banished from the heavenly realms because it's not allowed to be there.

Quote (Unanswered @ 3 Feb 2016 14:59)
Life is more meaningful if it was "random chance".
I don't know whats up with people saying we are highly evolved. I guess its a ego thing. We are not highly evolved. We continue to evolve as time goes on.

I myself don't accept something came from nothing crap. It's almost saying God did it IMO.
As far as DNA RNA coming about. Take a look at this experiment that was done in the 1950shttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment

We only know so much how life came to be "Abiogenesis"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
I don't think its a Theory yet though.

It depends if you believe it to be a God that has been written about. (Yahweh, Zeus, Other 5000 Gods) Yes if you claim those did it. I'll laugh.
If you claim a God thats never been written about. I could see why you would believe that. Then again I would be asking for evidence.

What makes you believe Yahweh is the true God vs the others?

As for your quote of Isaiah 53. Its disputed on who Isaiah was refering to. The Jews believe it to be the nation of Israel.

How can life be more meaningful if created by random chance? You have nothing to live by or live for, only temporary which is meaningless by itself.
I claim God to be the God described in the Bible. So I will make you laugh.
I'm not able to give you a sufficient reply as to why Gods Word through the bible is right over others. It's belief. A quick study in Islam makes it clear that it's false teachings. It acknowledge Jesus but only as a prophet. Islam is all about following the Law from which Jesus set us free. There's no prophecies of Muhammed which claims to be the third revelation from God and the final.
Most other religions is either polytheistic or believes in spirituality and that we are our own Gods or that we reincarnate until we have found the right path towards Nirvana or whatever they believe to be the end. Teachings with either no hope or teachings that makes you believe that you can be saved by your own which we can't.

Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ 3 Feb 2016 15:27)
Better re-read your Corinthians boy, your rejection of corpse reanimation has ensured your eternal suffering in the fiery pits of hell.

16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.
17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

20But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

I'm by no means any expert in studying the bible. I will take the above statement back and say yes. Jesus defeated death and didn't decompose as bodies usually does. He even prevented the same thing from happening with Lazarus. Which you of course don't believe in because you only believe in natural occurrences in this world.

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Feb 3 2016 08:44am
Gold: 285.00
Feb 3 2016 08:40am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Feb 3 2016 09:32am)
Whoa whoa whoa, we don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Bible to worship.
Biblical scholars decided that before they published the newest version.

King James?
Gold: 540.00
Feb 3 2016 08:41am
talmud and Zohar

All science is in there. Rambam is the proof.
Gold: 1,444.13
Feb 3 2016 08:42am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Feb 3 2016 09:35am)
What's this a Science vs Magic thread.... lol

Corpses can't reanimate.

Jesus, the first zombie?
Gold: 1.50
Feb 3 2016 08:46am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 3 2016 09:40am)
King James?

Feb 3 2016 08:49am
Instead of talking about zombies and dodging the questions I raised to begin with how about you answer how something can come into the existence from nothing.
Is it because you don't have any answer to the questions and the only solution is to be keyboard warriors posting gifs and other nonsense? I thought you could actually have a debate in this place.
Gold: 1.50
Feb 3 2016 08:56am
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 3 2016 09:49am)
Instead of talking about zombies and dodging the questions I raised to begin with how about you answer how something can come into the existence from nothing.
Is it because you don't have any answer to the questions and the only solution is to be keyboard warriors posting gifs and other nonsense? I thought you could actually have a debate in this place.

Title of thread : Science Vs God

Science says corpses can't reanimate
God says they can and do

Seems pretty on topic to me.

Seems to me you would rather the topic be about how things came into existence, or are you just attempting to roll over on the topic you backed yourself into a corner on. (science vs god)
Baseless speculation about the birth of our existence is just that, baseless speculation.
It's not a thought provoking topic, it's a dead end with a beaten horse.

This post was edited by Morphmcmanerson on Feb 3 2016 09:02am
Feb 3 2016 09:14am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ 3 Feb 2016 15:56)
Title of thread : Science Vs God

Science says corpses can't reanimate
God says they can and do

Seems pretty on topic to me.

Seems to me you would rather the topic be about how things came into existence, or are you just attempting to roll over on the topic you backed yourself into a corner on. (science vs god)
Baseless speculation about the birth of our existence is just that, baseless speculation.
It's not a thought provoking topic, it's a dead end with a beaten horse.

It's titled science vs God with the intentions to discuss the things I had written in my first post. And you don't.
I haven't backed myself into any corner. I'm still waiting for a reply to the content of my post. But you are discussing new things which I tried to answer with you still not answering the questions I first stated.
I could get a more meaningful conversation with one of the two cats that my mother has if we continue this way.
And yes it might be baseless speculations with no scientific evidence to the birth of the universe or our existence. So here comes another question. Why do people find it easier to pick the baseless explanation that provides no hope rather than the explanation that promise eternal life?
Or perhaps you are that spiritual dead that you are simply unable to even discuss these things.

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Feb 3 2016 09:15am
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 3 2016 09:22am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Feb 3 2016 08:52am)
No corpses can't reanimate because of Decomposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition

A science you reject, no doubt because of the voices in your head.

...that's some mighty shallow thinking son . Since Jesus could heal a leper He can surely heal a decomposed body after resurrection .
Gold: 0.20
Feb 3 2016 09:31am
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 3 2016 09:39am)
Anything Spiritism ''clearly'' explains comes from a man that does not have the authority to say so. You are moving away from the teaching of Jesus that man can't be saved on his on action but must repent his sins and ask for forgiveness. God is the fair judge and with our sinful nature we must all be banished from the heavenly realms because it's not allowed to be there.

How can life be more meaningful if created by random chance? You have nothing to live by or live for, only temporary which is meaningless by itself.
I claim God to be the God described in the Bible. So I will make you laugh.
I'm not able to give you a sufficient reply as to why Gods Word through the bible is right over others. It's belief. A quick study in Islam makes it clear that it's false teachings. It acknowledge Jesus but only as a prophet. Islam is all about following the Law from which Jesus set us free. There's no prophecies of Muhammed which claims to be the third revelation from God and the final.
Most other religions is either polytheistic or believes in spirituality and that we are our own Gods or that we reincarnate until we have found the right path towards Nirvana or whatever they believe to be the end. Teachings with either no hope or teachings that makes you believe that you can be saved by your own which we can't.

I'm by no means any expert in studying the bible. I will take the above statement back and say yes. Jesus defeated death and didn't decompose as bodies usually does. He even prevented the same thing from happening with Lazarus. Which you of course don't believe in because you only believe in natural occurrences in this world.

Simple. You make your own meaning to live. It could be anything. Just be careful which path you take on this journey we call life.

There you go. Religion is subjective as much as music. As far as Islam. To the Muslims they believe their religion is correct as much as you do yours. Just think about what religion you would be in if you was born in the tribes f Africa or ancient Greek

What brought you to the conclusion that we can't save ourselves? Also saved from what?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll